Sport Anyone watch the US open male final last night?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have to say I do like to watch a decent tennis match but last night's final was just fucking amazing. The quality of the tennis was just unmatched.

Some of the rallies played verged on "what the fuck?". Did anyone else see this fantastic battle (and a classic game) between Nadal (the reigning champion and Djokovic (the club hammer on a mission) ?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes. It was brilliant.

Murray is so far away from this level; that said, they only way to improve is get to the latter stages and keep playing these guys.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes. It was brilliant.

Murray is so far away from this level; that said, they only way to improve is get to the latter stages and keep playing these guys.

Have to agree, if Murray was playing one of these two it would have been embarrassing. The level they both play at is just several levels above the rest.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It was utterly amazing. The power of each shot was insane, and it went on for hours.

Never mind Murray, not even Federer can keep up with these two any more. His shot ability means nothing against these two now as they move around the court so well it's incredibly hard to put something out of their reach.

How disrespectful were the crowd though? Constantly shouting and being noisy when the players were trying to serve... got better towards the end but it was really out of order.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Have to agree, if Murray was playing one of these two it would have been embarrassing.

Well he did play Nadal and get knocked out, to be fair he can hold a good game against the top players, but he lacks the killer instinct they seem to have.

Agree with Wazz; Federer is still superb, yet seems to have no answer to the sheer speed and power of these two.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It was utterly amazing. The power of each shot was insane, and it went on for hours.

Never mind Murray, not even Federer can keep up with these two any more. His shot ability means nothing against these two now as they move around the court so well it's incredibly hard to put something out of their reach.

How disrespectful were the crowd though? Constantly shouting and being noisy when the players were trying to serve... got better towards the end but it was really out of order.

Crowd and dress control is what makes Wimbledon the best grand slam of them all.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There's such a gulf between the top 4 and the rest of the men, now it seems like there is a bit of a gap between 2nd and 3rd as well. It was indeed an epic final, breathtaking stuff at times.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Crowd and dress control is what makes Wimbledon the best grand slam of them all.

True, Wimbledon crowds are pretty much awesome. Typical yanks go and spoil our beautiful game. :eek:

Tilda

Watched it all last night before 8am lecture today - ugh. But so worth it, such amazing tennis.

Lethul

FH is my second home
There's such a gulf between the top 4 and the rest of the men, now it seems like there is a bit of a gap between 2nd and 3rd as well. It was indeed an epic final, breathtaking stuff at times.

Excuse me, I am not a big tennis fan but. Top 4? Who is the fourth?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Only open males i watch don't involve bouncy balls and two rackets...no wait...actually they do.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Well he did play Nadal and get knocked out, to be fair he can hold a good game against the top players, but he lacks the killer instinct they seem to have.

Agree with Wazz; Federer is still superb, yet seems to have no answer to the sheer speed and power of these two.

Exactly, Murray has the game to beat all of these guys and he has done. However when he meets them at the tight end of the tournament he struggles. He gets break points but never converts, or when he does convert his own service game drops right off. He needs to get that extra edge!

Both Semi Finals and the finals were excellent tennis matches with a very high level of play from all players involved, the smallest mistake, just one little blink from either player and a set is lost. The shot making ability from all of them really is a joy to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom