Anyone tried a shield BM?

K

Kallio

I´ve been wondering, how would a Shield BM manage...

Spec could be for example:

50weapon
42shield
39parry

And add evade III to this.

When we add couple RA´s such as Dodger and MoParry they could get pretty nasty.

Opinions? Experiences? :)

O

optical-

bm's are useless, role a zerker!

oh wait..

O

old.Leel

Nah, they are pretty good, they own zerkers 1vs1. Triple wield, now on 7 minute timer just like gerbil mode actually makes you immune to the crits of gerbil mode, at least that's what shield bm on hib pryd told me. And you get slam and slash resistant armor.

K

Karlo

PM miril in game if hes still about. He had a shield bm. The two of us used to run around, he'd slam, and we could both kick the crap outta anybody together. I was 50 50 spec bm. There nice, but if your gonna go shiled wy not roll a hero or champ I say?

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by optical-
bm's are useless, role a zerker!

oh wait..

nice post, good signature whine ...

D

dakeyras

Sharwyn, shield BM on Pryd has a bucketload of RP's and does pretty well, mainly cause he reckons that though he can't kill anything he is always the last standing!

A

Archeon

Originally posted by old.Leel
Nah, they are pretty good, they own zerkers 1vs1. Triple wield, now on 7 minute timer just like gerbil mode actually makes you immune to the crits of gerbil mode, at least that's what shield bm on hib pryd told me. And you get slam and slash resistant armor.

You forgot to use furture tense... as in 2-3 months from now ;)

W

Whandall

Originally posted by Archeon
Anyway, I'd Forgotten Just How Mind-Numbingly Dull It is, Luckly I'd Dragged Up My Old N64 And Was Happily Switching Between Backup Healer And Zelda: Majoras Mask... And After About An Hour In The Water Temple I Finally Get All 15 Fairy, GREAT!....

...Then I Realise I'd Already Collected Them And Infact Needed The Stone Temple Ones....

...To This Very Day I Wonder If That Group Knew What I Mean't By

'FUCKING HELL I HATE THIS GAME!!!!!'

Poor Archeon happened to me in the 4th temple - thats why I prefer Ocarina of time and Windwaker :m00:

C

chosen

Found a shield BM soloing in emain, OMG damn easy, and that was with my skald

O

old.Zanaa

chosen i think that bm was me at atk? -at level49 unbuffed firbolg pierce/shield bm with qual90 exparmour, 3.0speed non-sc weapon with 0 passive RAs looking for a quick death back to ligen...and hm i killed you didn't i? :p

L

lofff

mwhahahahahaha

chosen got pwned by the gimpest gimp! :great:

E

elerand

Originally posted by lofff
mwhahahahahaha

chosen got pwned by the gimpest gimp! :great:

Firby piercemasters have the highest weaponskill of the 2 (and 3 by 1.62) races :(
Shieldmaster is cool and it's true we don't get the kill spam but we are often the last to die, shield+parry+evade 3 and any passive defensive ra's is a tough net to get through.
Just remember that you aren't a killer, your there to protect and divert, slam+prevent flight for enemy tanks and pierce for taking out support classes.
My spec is 50 pierce, 42 shield, 36 parry 16 cd, mirils is 44 weapon, 42 shield 30 cd or something and rest in parry iirc.

I've had full blades and cd and full pierce+CD, I prefer shield by far as extra CC never goes amiss, just need others to do the actual killing :)

H

Harm

Originally posted by alme

Ah, another catacombs error then.

Zerkers there get STR/CON/DEX, instead of the correct STR/DEX/CON.

C

chosen

Originally posted by old.Zanaa
chosen i think that bm was me at atk? -at level49 unbuffed firbolg pierce/shield bm with qual90 exparmour, 3.0speed non-sc weapon with 0 passive RAs looking for a quick death back to ligen...and hm i killed you didn't i? :p

why did you use IP if u was looking for a quick death ? :-P
my wasnt ready! ;-P

K

Karlo

Originally posted by elerand
Firby piercemasters have the highest weaponskill of the 2 (and 3 by 1.62) races :(
Shieldmaster is cool and it's true we don't get the kill spam but we are often the last to die, shield+parry+evade 3 and any passive defensive ra's is a tough net to get through.
Just remember that you aren't a killer, your there to protect and divert, slam+prevent flight for enemy tanks and pierce for taking out support classes.
My spec is 50 pierce, 42 shield, 36 parry 16 cd, mirils is 44 weapon, 42 shield 30 cd or something and rest in parry iirc.

I've had full blades and cd and full pierce+CD, I prefer shield by far as extra CC never goes amiss, just need others to do the actual killing :)

Gimped but i :wub: you :)

E

Edlina

Originally posted by dakeyras
Sharwyn, shield BM on Pryd has a bucketload of RP's and does pretty well, mainly cause he reckons that though he can't kill anything he is always the last standing!

After endless hours of Sharwyn begging for a respec stone she was granted one after our first successful Dragon raid, and is now a piercemaster (far the most popular on Prywen atm)

E

elerand

Originally posted by Karlo
Gimped but i :wub: you :)

Ah yeah 4fg+ 4tehwin!!!1! right? :(

Couldn't see the snow in mid last night for all the albs!

Somehow mythic needs to nerf albs baf code :p

Still at least you showed some wub unlike your multiple cohorts of extremely gay realm mates :D

N

Novamir

shield bms are pointless unless you only want to duel ;) which they are damn good at btw.

E

elerand

Originally posted by Novamir
shield bms are pointless unless you only want to duel ;) which they are damn good at btw.

I've found I do well vs lw using shield, well vs shield users using 2 weapons but in general I find myself more effective than before in rvr.

Been CD a long time before I was shield and had the benefit of experience there, mostly I changed because I was bored of CD and with the new changes on the way for CD I'm not convinced I should bother with a respec stone just yet ;)

L

lofff

Originally posted by Harm
Afaik, BM's have evade 2, not 3?

<shrugs>

they have evade3 u fool ~~

anyway i hope we get nuff respec stones for all of em.. oh wait;P no class respec stones ? ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom