Anyone still play TA?

S

SilverHood

I remember the battles, armies of pewee's and lots of wreckage afterwards... I want TA2

X

Xtro

I used to love TA, no idea if a TA2 was ever planned?

T

TedTheDog

I just reinstalled it under XP sp1 and it works without a problem!
I tried it under win2k and it bleated about the direct x version all the time, and crashed to desktop and stuff.
Back playing it now.

I heard that TA2 was planned for a release in 2004.

X

Xtro

oooooo

Cheers Ted! :)

Just reformatted and installed XP instead of win2k so looks like some TA in store.

Ta for the nod about TA2, worse than the Stone Roses for releasing a follow up tsk.

L

Louster

Gurzk. I hassled tons of people into buying it and it turned out I couldn't play it online thanks to my currently unalterable ISDN firewall. Bep.

L

Louster

WIJ = SO VERY WRONG. And also I tried to buy Brood War a bunch of months back and couldn't find it anywhere.

L

Louster

Anyway, TA is better than Starcraft purely for the unit limit and the lack of the "can only select 12 units in one group" nonsense that Blizzard-made games seem to insist on. Though the differences between the sides in Starcraft is much better than in TA.
I'd be good as a game reviewer oh yes!!!!

W

Wij

Race differences own in SC.

AoM is great like that too.

S

Sir Frizz

TA2 - Q4 2004. Probably because Cavedog went under. [insert Wij's m00 ascii]

Thoughts on TA Kingdoms anyone? I thought it was a bit p00. :( Did anyone ever see the uber-Gods(tm) at all? Never saw them when playing in a skirmish and could never be arsed with the actual game. Shame really, i remember waiting anxiously for it way back when. :/

S

SilverHood

Never saw the gods either.

TA: Kingdoms was poo

C

.Cask

Lots of us in [G] have TA but can't seem to organise a good tcp/ip game.

Look us up on irc if you wanna organise us :)

X

Xtro

oh dear TA: Kingdoms....I had totally forgotten about its existence. What a pile of excrement that was :(

W

Will

Kingdoms just doesn't seem to appeal. TA was just the best RTS game ever, everything else just pales in comparison.

I wonder if a BWTAL is on the cards?;)

W

Will

Thinking about it, its a peer-to-peer game, so we could play one ourselves of an afternoon and see how it goes. I think singles and teamplay knockout? I know I'll get my ass whipped unless its a really small map, or I get to play an idiot.;)

C

.Cask

Yeah standard tcp/ip affair. Don't think Louster has got his working yet though.

But you know where I am if you wanna play young william :)

W

Will

My flatmate and I are having a game this evening hopefully. I may rope you in if you are around.

S

SNR

TA still amazes me :D My cousin has made a few mods for it all of whcih are seriously sweet :D However I seldom have time for TA anymore but when I do have time I love my games to bits :D

P

plightstar

Haven't played it in a while, I downloaded loads of stuff for a while ago, but I think I got rid of it all, mainly due to Lack of Spae on my HD the game, with all Mods units etc took nealy 10GB up

Users who are viewing this thread