Anyone seen any adverts for Catacombs?

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
If so, please post details and/or link here, would be nice to see some examples of the marketing done. =)

/j

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I'm at game shops in norway all the time, and I haven't seen a thing so far.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
stoptryingtohitme said:
ive only seen internet pop up ads... no others...
I hope thats a joke.

Popups are more likely to put people off than they are to achieve anything.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
same, this new publisher is off to a great start!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
preview in pc gamer is all I've seen so far.

Though bear in mind the advertising is aimed for the 15th of april and not the 24th of march.

Would expect to have seen a bit more by now though - when's the next lot of games magazines out?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i usually buy PC Format, should be out this week i think.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
think i remembered reading a reply from the publisher about adverts, think it was something like

"tabled:need specifics" :eek7:

:m00:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
bought the latest PC Gamer today, not even mentioned anywhere in it. Had a flick through PC Zone too, nothing, PC format should be out soon will see if there is anything in that.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
PC Format dropped through the door at the weekend - absolutely not a sausage in it (that I saw anyway). Its not even on the timeline "to be released this month" and it was in it last month - so its dropped off somehow.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
You should soon see the TV and cinema adverts fo catacombs, as well as the one page ads in the most popular computer gaming mags, then again monkeys might fly out of my arse.... :wij:

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
You should soon see the TV and cinema adverts fo catacombs, as well as the one page ads in the most popular computer gaming mags, then again monkeys might fly out of my arse.... :wij:

just came back from teh loo and thought i saw a monkeys arm hanging out of teh bog for a second soon disapeard with a flush tho.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Berthold said:
just came back from teh loo and thought i saw a monkeys arm hanging out of teh bog for a second soon disapeard with a flush tho.

that was the curry i had last night..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
meh was pc zone not pc gamer I've got...

too many silly pc mags ;P

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
not sure if it's advertising but it's the first bit in the PC games section on the play.com email newsletter I just got :)

Attachments

• play-catas.JPG
    play-catas.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 72

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
not sure if it's advertising but it's the first bit in the PC games section on the play.com email newsletter I just got :)

not sure you can class that as advertising, think the caveat should be it has a picture at least of catacombs.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
PCFormat (June 2005 edition) finally has a (half page) review of Catacombs. They assessed the expansion as "average", giving it 70% score.

Noteworthy comments include:

PCFormat said:
Playing the original game is almost mandatory, as without this experience, familiarising yourself with the game design will be difficult. With Mythic releasing Catacombs at a crucial time in the lifespan of DAoC, long-term players will find much of new interest here; new players will undoubtedly feel left out int he cold.

I guess a new player reading this won't be convinced this is a good game to go and pick up.

Oh, and further to the previous (NF review) evidence that PCFormat reviewers play Hibernia, there is also the comment:
PCFormat said:
Instanced dungeons and new locations, along with the New Frontiers expansion, provide ample room to stage huge Realm vs Realm battles, beating those pesky Hibs back to where they came from.

Finally - LOL to the picture quote:
PCFormat said:
New Valkyrie classes, like this Midguard, offer more depth than in previous updates.
So it REALLY is Midguard and not Midgard - the jury has spoken!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom