Anyone remember WcW?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Bored and bought a book from Amazon called the Death of WcW(when I was 6-8, was a big wrestling fan).

Quite a nice read, telling how WcW went from being most watched wrestling show in America, to bankcrpuptcy and sold to the wwf :)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Never used to watch it tbh, first I heard of wcw was when they had that massive wcw vs wwf thing a few years back.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aye, watched WCW in it's early years and saw it grow to become much bigger than WWF, then it seemed to collapse within the space of 18 months.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Skaven said:
Never used to watch it tbh, first I heard of wcw was when they had that massive wcw vs wwf thing a few years back.

I never liked WcW, was always into wwf, thats where Hogan was ;)

This was way back, like in 1990 or something :)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
lol yep, the old ultimate warrior n hogan days. Best years of the wwe I think, all the great entertainers.. sgt.slaughter, million dollar man.. list goes on.

Marc

FH is my second home
Sting, Lex Luger, Ric Flair, The Steiner brothers, the road warriors (legion of doom), flyin brian pilman, Barry Whindham, the andersons > anything the WWE/WWF have ever produced.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aww i used to really enjoy watching the wrestling on tv the hulk hogan, bushwackers, undertaker and that voodoo bloke ahh them were the days, then youd get some snotty little know it all going "Fna fna its all staged dontcherknow" so you'd have to stick him in a choke hold and pile drive him while yelling "yeah well so's the national ballet, dickface!" honestly lol people that think just because its all staged it involves no talent, i mean choro... chorio... setting it up so that when 2 fighters make moves and no one gets killed that takes real talent like i bet no one ever went up to errol flyn and went "pfft its all staged!" so what, twas entertaining tbh.

and another thing how the hell do you spell corry-og-raphy ????(thats how its pronounced btw)

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
first time i ever watched WcW Kevin Nash got beat by rey mysterio :( im not old school enough

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
LAtest, and probably final, WCW and WWE(F) fight was only like 6 months ago.

Unless it's still going on... :eek7:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:
LAtest, and probably final, WCW and WWE(F) fight was only like 6 months ago.

Unless it's still going on... :eek7:

Make that 4 years ago, when WWE bought out WcW :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Tohtori doesn't really understand the concept of time, poor fella ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
Best ever thing to happen in wrestling was the montreal screw job. I nearly pissed myself laughing watching it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:
Best ever thing to happen in wrestling was the montreal screw job. I nearly pissed myself laughing watching it.

Is that the one where Stacy Keibler got gangbanged by the whole locker room? :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thadius said:
Make that 4 years ago, when WWE bought out WcW :p

No no...it wasn't long time ago when that announcer dude went back to fighting too...

Maybe it wasn't WcW then...hmm...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:
No no...it wasn't long time ago when that announcer dude went back to fighting too...

Maybe it wasn't WcW then...hmm...

Think you mean ECW :p

And Montreal Incident is where Bret Hart was going to jump ship to WcW. Vince didnt want him going to WcW as the WWE champion. So in Bret Harts home contry of Canada, he had a match with Shawn Micheals that was set up so that Bret would win by DQ etc

In real life, Shawn and Bret hated each other and Bret didnt want to give the title to Shawn.

When the match started, Shawn got Bret in a sharpshooter and then Vince and co ran down, calling for the bell to ring. Shawn became Champion(even though he didnt know it) and Bret lost

Half the lockerroom of WWf hated this, most of them wanted to quit

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i loved the asian dudes that used to shout: "INDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED" or was that just my imagination?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
aww i used to really enjoy watching the wrestling on tv the hulk hogan, bushwackers, undertaker and that voodoo bloke ahh them were the days, then youd get some snotty little know it all going "Fna fna its all staged dontcherknow" so you'd have to stick him in a choke hold and pile drive him while yelling "yeah well so's the national ballet, dickface!" honestly lol people that think just because its all staged it involves no talent, i mean choro... chorio... setting it up so that when 2 fighters make moves and no one gets killed that takes real talent like i bet no one ever went up to errol flyn and went "pfft its all staged!" so what, twas entertaining tbh.

and another thing how the hell do you spell corry-og-raphy ????(thats how its pronounced btw)

choriogrophy i think, tho not sure thats right.

and yeh, a bunch of kick boxers, cant remember what school but one of htem was the old champ. anyway - they got in a fight with some WWF fighters in england a few months ago. WWF guys won - no way a 160lb guy is going to win against a 300lb guy.

Stick one of those guys agains Fedor Emelianenko tho and i guarantee the emperor will win. He's the white one below who got suplexed into the canvas - he still won.
fedor_randleman.jpg

that whole wrestling stage was amazing :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ormorof said:
i loved the asian dudes that used to shout: "INDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED" or was that just my imagination?

Think it was Tiger Ali Singh :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom