Anyone left in Midgard?

dante_must_die

Loyal Freddie
Guys its a game some1 has to win under different sitsuations .Some times its good to /bow to your enemies and say you won this battle without meaning that you lost a war .
This time midgard lost relics last time was alpion and this will go on and on and on ;)

Haars

Fledgling Freddie
Where did we go wrong?

There is no teamwork atm in Mid. /BG is just a chat group to whine in about other mids etc. Leaving towers unclaimed. What's the point in taking over a tower just to leave it unclaimed to be taken over by less than a fg of Albs2 minutes later? etc etc.

No point moaning about Albs/Hibs, this was our own fault.

Some "Leaders" make a chat group and talk tactics because although I'm just a follower I can even see that a lot of things you do do not make sense at all. If it does not make sense what's the point in following you then?

Thanks for trying though all the mids and all the ones that try to organise something.

It's fine to zerg but no point if it's at the wrong place.

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
When we realised a raid was gonna happen, we spammed our /as for mids to come and join the defence.. but nothing happened.. I checked that 179 lvl 50 mids were online, but only 29 in defence BG..

A few more joined the BG over the next hours, but we never managed gather enough ppl's..

mids sux

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
koxi said:
When we realised a raid was gonna happen, we spammed our /as for mids to come and join the defence.. but nothing happened.. I checked that 179 lvl 50 mids were online, but only 29 in defence BG..

A few more joined the BG over the next hours, but we never managed gather enough ppl's..

mids sux
Don't be so hard on us Koxi.
Well the fact is we also had a ML6 raid going and in that bg we had about +55peps, this raid was finished at 23:58cet(last item beeing lottoed). Those peps are the so called bored of RvR peps, or you can also call them people that like PvE more than RvR. Now this realy means that we might get some more pve done in midgard, sad we get it on the cost of relics.

Also I'd like to take the time to bring the .xml discussion forward, this regarding the amount of peps all realm has atm. Best time to have the .xml crashed is ofc now, so that no one can see how many peps realy quit from all three realms. Yes I do think GoA crashed .xml with intention to hide the fact that some servers are down the drain atm.

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
I expect Midgard is sick and tired of Albs and Hibs coming to play in our frontier all the time.. it gets boring, and few mids bother to come and play. Everyone loses..

So, bugger off and go take Alb or Hib keeps for a change. Since NF went live, Midgard has had ONE keep in Hibernia, and only a few in Albion, since we're always busy defending our own frontier. It gets boring, and losing relics isn't gonna improve the situation at all. :/
]

And? Before this, Alb had *at most* 2 keeps in an enemy realm that i remember. You're not being ganged up upon any more than Albion did the night we lost the relics.

QQ.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
I expect Midgard is sick and tired of Albs and Hibs coming to play in our frontier all the time.. it gets boring, and few mids bother to come and play. Everyone loses..

So, bugger off and go take Alb or Hib keeps for a change. Since NF went live, Midgard has had ONE keep in Hibernia, and only a few in Albion, since we're always busy defending our own frontier. It gets boring, and losing relics isn't gonna improve the situation at all. :/

Sucks other realms having your keeps doesnt it? Remember OF at all? Bolg owned and camped by Mids, Scathaig for damage bonus every time. Crim..
Mid zerg camping amg 100 mids in emain yeh give it back. :puke:

Givf Of back but not that crap.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Yea i remembner the old days too...

Hibs had to put up with this shit for months on end and you wondered why in Albs/Hibs didnt even bother to rvr. In old NF you managed to get to Bolg(10% chance that we even had it) without geting killed by the 2 RP hungry guild groups patroling around there you got lucky.

If you managed to avoid the 2 GG's again and actualy make it into emain then it was time to make a grats thread on FH. Then if you actualy made it to emain you'd get zerged by 3 GGs and 50 random mids in under 2mins... was mucho fun.

Problem is now mids are just to lazy and would rather leave the problem to other people to sort out rather then actualy help.

Im pleased alb/hibs actualy have the upper hand now and mids QQ at the first sight of defeat. :drink:

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Joohl said:
Also I'd like to take the time to bring the .xml discussion forward, this regarding the amount of peps all realm has atm. Best time to have the .xml crashed is ofc now, so that no one can see how many peps realy quit from all three realms. Yes I do think GoA crashed .xml with intention to hide the fact that some servers are down the drain atm.

So far since NF prydwen pops are up when the numbers were working, most nights we seem to be much closer to Excal than I remember before.

.xml always goes down after a patch, and now it's back you can see the figures. The .xml being down doesn't hide anything, it just delays us finding out.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
No, the problem is that RvR has been for Midgard, ever since DAOC went live, running in tightly packed groups. Midgard's classes were created to do that, and were rarely using 'zergs'. In turn that leads to the RvR-oriented guilds gaining the higher RR's, which in turn leads to everyone else in random groups not bothering with RvR anymore. Additionally, Midgard's ranged warfare is few and far between. We lack ranged casters with viable speclines (or played at all).

That worked for three years until Mythic decides to ditch Old Frontiers and create New Frontiers. Fine for albs and apparantly the hibs, but a disaster for Mids as is clearly demonstrated last night.

Midgard has two choices.. re-learn RVR by learning to zerg, instead of the small-group minded RvR, or continue running in small groups but do it without relics.

Time will tell which road will be taken, but I'm not holding my breath for Midgard learning. The point is pretty much moot when 1.71 arrives and enemy relics will be harder to hold onto.

Besides these points, Hibernia's new classes in Catacombs are going to completely wreck keep warfare for Albion and Midgard anyway. Just wait till Cats arrives. >_<

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, I'm not even holding my breath for 1.71 or 1.72 ... our classes won't become any better in defending or attacking keeps, we'll be still outnumbered, outranged and pet spammed in every single keep battle. We may have some changes with 1.73 and warlocks, provided that high range spec won't be so gimped as it seems atm, and, of course, if there will still be mids left willing to reroll.

This of course is just about keep warfare ... if I anything is good of this unavoidable relic loss, is that now we can farm albs and hibs siege armies with our fgs without the need to stop to go defend yet another tower in flames :flame:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Yma said:
Tbh, I'm not even holding my breath for 1.71 or 1.72 ... our classes won't become any better in defending or attacking keeps, we'll be still outnumbered, outranged and pet spammed in every single keep battle. We may have some changes with 1.73 and warlocks, provided that high range spec won't be so gimped as it seems atm, and, of course, if there will still be mids left willing to reroll.

This of course is just about keep warfare ... if I anything is good of this unavoidable relic loss, is that now we can farm albs and hibs siege armies with our fgs without the need to stop to go defend yet another tower in flames :flame:
A few interesting points here which you may like to take into consideration.
I saw the RR last night (all the way through).
When the relics were taken at approx 4am CET, there were more Mids in the frontier than Albs and Hibs combined. I'd not say the relic loss was 'unavoidable'. Unavoidable if you followed the way of thinking that you did yesterday yes, however not if you had acted cohesively. I saw most Mid groups chasing RPs from parts of the Alb or Hib forces that had got split from the main body. If those groups had listened to the people who were trying to organise the defence (and doing a good job under the circumstances), it would have been nearly impossible for anyone to take a key Midgard keep or get past a Milegate or carry a Relic out of the Midgard frontier.

Albion and Midgard have broadly similar RvR populations. People who are saying that Midgard has a tradition of opted group combat and can't change should look to Hibernia. In OF they could only field high RR opted groups. now with no significant change in population, they have 4 relics on Prydwen and a strong defensive position.

Mids beating their breasts about imbalance are missing the point, the imbalance is in the readiness to adapt to the new way.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, req r0x x<

And I mean by that, caring enough about the game to stay ingame till 4am when I imagine your hours finish at around 6pm cet? If more people working for goa did this (or if they did, more customers noticed this) I imagine you wouldn't get half as much whine about goa not caring about their playerbase as you do now :p

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
smt goes very bad in mid/ pryd if dwera ( think is one of the few leaders in mid .. or ? )tell me via irc shrooms +randoms players kill high rr grps.

He should have been in hib relic raid in alb 1 week ago , in Surs battle 3.5 fg hibs killed 120 albs in the top of the keep with only 1 animist ( Peat)

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
A few interesting points here which you may like to take into consideration.
I saw the RR last night (all the way through).
When the relics were taken at approx 4am CET, there were more Mids in the frontier than Albs and Hibs combined. I'd not say the relic loss was 'unavoidable'. Unavoidable if you followed the way of thinking that you did yesterday yes, however not if you had acted cohesively. I saw most Mid groups chasing RPs from parts of the Alb or Hib forces that had got split from the main body. If those groups had listened to the people who were trying to organise the defence (and doing a good job under the circumstances), it would have been nearly impossible for anyone to take a key Midgard keep or get past a Milegate or carry a Relic out of the Midgard frontier.

Albion and Midgard have broadly similar RvR populations. People who are saying that Midgard has a tradition of opted group combat and can't change should look to Hibernia. In OF they could only field high RR opted groups. now with no significant change in population, they have 4 relics on Prydwen and a strong defensive position.

Mids beating their breasts about imbalance are missing the point, the imbalance is in the readiness to adapt to the new way.

Maybe is not fun to lag out and just spam AOE ( give mids pet spamming class )? adapt to the new way of daoc or quit , see more and more pick last option and who is to blame them.
The game as changed but many still try to have fun and not run massiv zerg.

I did /who everytime I been online last week and asked some hibs about numbers. They dont seem to be very different, sometimes hibs even have more and when servers says 1100 and mids have 259 then I doubt we have same numbers out OR 300 are anon.

Not sure what the case was last night as I wasnt online .

I dont see the MID GGs complain much here and dont think relic movement will do much different for them, but to fit into a zerg U need some kind of class that is fun there, casting aoe mess 6 times and press SH rest of next 1½ hour just isnt.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

Have there really been much talking about imbalance from mids? I feel that the most posts by mids criticize our own problem organizing ourselves right now? Or perhaps yet again I am getting old, so I don´t see the same thing as other people.

I am, since constantly defending the last weeks, quite weary of it, and find it quite boring. I blame no imbalance, or no albs or hibs. They have been doing a good job! More power to them! They´ve been taking the right kind of advantage from the situation, and I feel that I´ve said so (and more mids like me) in these threads.

But perhaps not, or everyone just sees "Ah, a Thane, just gonna be whine about LOS-issues and shrooms, next post!". :p

mhael

Fledgling Freddie
Are there any numbers up on active rvr population (more than 10k lwrp) and relic situation in EU?

In US mid held almost no relic in 1.70, but things got better and better as 1.71 och 1.72 came.

The lag and the big keeps are the two things that I don't like about NF. Still haven't had one fun fight in the keeps (towers are ok). Actually the most fun thing since NF came for me was watching a reaver bomb movie from a german server. ;)

Requiel said:

I want to see numbers on that (see above) before I fully believe you. There are usually more GMs than normal players on my friends list when I log in. :)

No, hibs could not just field high RR opted groups. How do you think that they held their relics even tho they were outnumbered? They did it because they had animists and loads of pbae. Even tho the fighting was mostly in hibernia in OF whenever things started to get ugly they could field their animists and pbae and there simply wasn't any idea to try to go any further. In NF midgard has been on defense most of the time (yes I am biased :)) and we simply don't have the equivalent of hibernian defense in OF when things starts to get ugly. That's what I think atleast.

Yes, I agree that midgard will need to adapt. Losing the relics was a first step because now we simply don't have to bother with our keeps anymore and can concentrate on the fun parts of NF. ;)

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Which part of the imbalance we don't understand ... the untargettable shrooming demolishing us while we can't hit them back, the full groups of scout assisting from places impossible for us to reach, the tens of theurg pets that crush doors rendering useless the oil defense or the fact that we need to move 2x to 3x the numbers for every blissful PvE event, thus leaving the frontier undefended for much longer ?

I'm sure that all 30+ servers where Midgard was crushed during 1.70 were due to, uhm, inability to adapt and all. Thanks for informing us about this discovery, we'll do our best to solve this problem - you may place npcs in Jamtland, in the meantime.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I'm kinda happy the relics were finaly lost. I spent most of my ingame time buying siege for huge amounts of gold/plats.

I've been sick from the same day NF went live. It's only gotten worse since I've been up almost every night defending. The culmination was reached this wednesday when I had to spend the night at the hospital...

I hope this will give me some time to recover. :p I hope people are ready to listen by the time I come back. If I am to lead any zergs that is. :puke:

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Left?

No - bar for me and I suck so bad at level 50 - well? - well I suck is all! *sobs*

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
midgard have and will probably always be the melee realm.. guess what daoc is in NF short for dark age of castalot.. there is a reason for the Hib dominance its called shrooms.. we where retaking a keep the other day, all was going well until the animist showed up.. if you even stuck your nose in 10inches you where blasted to oblivion..

The dmg dealing casters these days with pets, britle guards, toa gear and buffs that give em same hp as a old tank, not to mention the casting times and the new moc timer.. why would anyone play a tank... I remeber casters being my primary target as a hunter... that was in the old days... going for a caster these days is often certain death unless im up at a highkeep looking down on the zerg... And those comparing the old frontiers emain with NF situation thats just silly.. now you have 3 whole realms coliding at same time in emain there where alot of mids/albs running around but not in the same place..

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
I'm sure that all 30+ servers where Midgard was crushed during 1.70 were due to, uhm, inability to adapt and all. Thanks for informing us about this discovery, we'll do our best to solve this problem - you may place npcs in Jamtland, in the meantime.

haha, quality flame
:clap:

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Can see where yu coming from.

Everyone should agree by now that damage is out of control. You all think - or so many think - that to kill something in one hit is the bee all and end all of this game. Everyone wants to display skill! Everyone that is. Not just me. What the hell is the point in playing any sodding game if yu can't get some feedback on your skill? Rambo? Araudry - shit I too drunk now to remember them all. I tend to focus on stealthers and some Albion stealthers are absolutely superb but will they get any recognition? Eh? Wot the hell I talking about now? :D

Sod it - wotever!

Gaino

Fledgling Freddie
imho mid DOES have some good leaders but ppl dont listen :eek6:

hate that 1 order needs 2 be spammed 10+ times and still ppl wont listen just ask why ? and mostly a few mins later u c almost all not listend ing beeing wiped then abit later most of em gone/changed alt then i c the whine on fh... lol i think then (yes im a mid) thinking well gl... i myself tryes 2 listen 2 the appointed bgleader but hard sometimes running 2 zerg solo since ppl wont invite me :(

just my 5cent

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Which part of the imbalance we don't understand

Judging from the thread here, the skill of cooperation outside and above of the 8 man group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom