Question Anyone know of any amazingly good PC and/or TV deals?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got a friend who's cash situation is less than zero but her ancient PC has gone completely to piss. It's a burner, with no realistically salvageable parts.

I'm gonna have to let her down gently and tell her that she's gonna have to scrape together enough cash for another PC. She's not gonna be gaming so cost is the major factor. I am going to do the necessary work of looking for things myself but in the meantime does anyone know of owt I could consider?

ALSO!

Mate has just ditched his missus of 15 years. Needs a new telly. Looking for something good and about 36" (for some weird reason that I simply cannot fathom he doesn't want something mahoosive). He's a luddite but can be taught new tricks. Maybe.

I know some of the guys here are high-end browsers and he won't be needing that. But he doesn't want total shit either.

Once I've got that I've got to find him a laptop :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If all she wants is emails and facebook then any old second hand PC on ebay will do.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If all she wants is emails and facebook then any old second hand PC on ebay will do.
I could never recommend second hand tbh - too much of an unknown quantity...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
PC - If its cheap and small form factor - the ladies hate da wirez. Something like this would be an obvious choice at 300GBP:
81wRjK00-nL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-20-2210N...&ie=UTF8&qid=1443605262&sr=1-2&keywords=hp+pc

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She's got a monitor so I'd go even cheaper with more HDD space if possible...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hmmm. Perhaps should have said that she likes to fuck about with photos (albeit at a very low level - she's not going to be doing anything complex). I think that Q190 will play telly but much else? Maybe tho... :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
How about the Dell Outlet? I have got a few family members machines from here and all have 1 year Dell Warranty's on them for a big saving sometimes.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Hmmm. Perhaps should have said that she likes to fuck about with photos (albeit at a very low level - she's not going to be doing anything complex). I think that Q190 will play telly but much else? Maybe tho... :)

LOL though it was just for email and shiz :)

Yep need an i5 or i7 then and at least 8GB Ram if messing with Graphic Photo edits. Dell or HP are both good options and plenty of price levels to choose from.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Buy her a 5k iMac and let her pay you back via the hairy chequebook.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Buy her a 5k iMac and let her pay you back via the hairy chequebook.
Friends old and bronchial council-house mother :(

Right up your street, I know. But thankfully my bell is broken.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I got my mum an Asus Vivo PC. It's a dual core cellery with 4GB ram but you can get them with more oomph if you need to. Also it's a tiny box about the size of a stack of 6 cdrom jewel cases.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
check groupon ive seen some good pc deals on there recently they aint nothing fancy but they will get the job done

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What about a Chromebox (Asus linked but Acer, Samsung and others make them)? I'm looking at one for a Plex box under the TV, they seem pretty powerful little machines for what you pay (if you get one of the i3 or i7 variants).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ta for the ideas all. I'll see what she fancies.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Forget aboit the Chromebox I mentioned above, @Scouse, I just order myself a NUC from Intel. The NUC5PPYH (they didn't exactly give them snappy names). It's about £150 and it has a quad-core Pentium in it. You have to add RAM and an SSD (or an SD card in my case) but you get a pretty powerful little box for it, more than capable of doing every day Windows things. Here's a proper review of the dual-core Celeron version, and a quick review of the aforementioned Pentium one (they are identical in everything except CPU so it's just a quick performance comparison).

soze

I am a FH squatter
I keep thinking about getting one for under the TV as they are powerful little boxes with a IR port on the front. Next time I have some toy money I might look into one a bit more. You can get fanless cases for them too which is what would interest me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom