anyone know how to increase fps

C

Conchabar

since shitty steam came out fps seems to have been lowered by a ton fold i used to get a 100 now its 20 at best anyone know how to increase the fps? :x

T

throdgrain

Ppl are always saying they get/got 100 fps solid, at ay sort of sensible resolution with out a very good pc i find it a little difficult to sort, anyway, one that helps a bit apparently is cl_weather 0, which turns off rain etc on maps like Aztec :)

T

Trem

Vertical sync needs to be off, then max_fps 101 or summat in console. Game runs better with vertical sync on though tbh.

C

Conchabar

guess i'll put up with it till hl2 =/

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by Conchabar
guess i'll put up with it till hl2 =/

You mean get used to it now, in preperation for hl2 :p

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Conchabar
since shitty steam came out fps seems to have been lowered by a ton fold i used to get a 100 now its 20 at best anyone know how to increase the fps? :x

fps_max 100

in config.

Also, you could acquire a handy little tool called powerstrip which allows tweakage of refresh rates.

Depending on your gfx card, you may need new drivers.

T

throdgrain

Well, in a state of boredom today I installed CS on this nasty pc on my desk at work.
Its a P4 1.7 with 128 mb ram and a TNT riva video card.
In other words, a world of unpleasantness :)
I set it at 640-480 with low sound and video quality. As expected it ran at about a low of 15 fps and a high of 45 ish. Hideous to play with to be honest.
Anyway, I turned it off , and changed vsync to always off on display properties, then added the command fps_max 101 in console. Restarted again , and I was amazed, with (admittedly) 6 or 7 people on the server, playing train btw, it made an avarage of 80-90 fps, with low points of 70 and high points of 99.
Totally playable :)
It not something id currently concern myself with , my pc at home is a xp2600 with 1024mb ram and a 9800 pro video card, and I set it at 85fps, leave vsync on and all is fine. However, when I turn vsync off on my hi quality pc's at home, I always get bad distortions. this wasnt the case with the p4, to be honest it played fine !

E

earthcoder

4 things..

1) fps_max 101

2) Vsync off

3) 100khz refresh rate, use rivatuner.

4) defrag hdd, which will increase speed of proccessing in game, sometimes helps ;)

Users who are viewing this thread