Games Anyone keep chickens?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm toying with the idea of doing a chicken over my fire on Friday night.
Nightmare. Unless you're making a spit. And even then, hours and hours of turning.

Beef. Always beef. (Or lamb really - you can't fuck that up as it's so fatty).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nightmare. Unless you're making a spit. And even then, hours and hours of turning.

Beef. Always beef. (Or lamb really - you can't fuck that up as it's so fatty).
Need a small boy to turn the spit for you. Im sure there is a shortage of employment in the mines In wales right now.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That's how I will likely do it. Wings sauce too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell. One of the guineas squeeked a bit and has cracked it's egg a little but for 6 hours, nothing.

Everything I read says don't help them out, leave them in the incubator and I thought I'd be fine with that. But it's hard!

This is going to be bloody stressful.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Fucking hell. One of the guineas squeeked a bit and has cracked it's egg a little but for 6 hours, nothing.

Everything I read says don't help them out, leave them in the incubator and I thought I'd be fine with that. But it's hard!

This is going to be bloody stressful.

Having kids for first time is always tough young man

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Last one of five to pip (earlier this evening) first to hatch. Must be a strong bugger. Now s/he's in there playing wobbly havoc with the other eggs.

View attachment 20210902_004551.mp4

I now want the other four to hatch - especially the one from yesterday. I don't want to have to hit them with the "+1 lump hammer of deadly kindness"... :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Last one of five to pip (earlier this evening) first to hatch. Must be a strong bugger. Now s/he's in there playing wobbly havoc with the other eggs.

View attachment 44828

I now want the other four to hatch - especially the one from yesterday. I don't want to have to hit them with the "+1 lump hammer of deadly kindness"... :(
Mrs had chicks and fowl at the infants school. Loads had to be disappeared when they hatched with legs bent the wrong way and such

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mrs had chicks and fowl at the infants school. Loads had to be disappeared when they hatched with legs bent the wrong way and such
Yeah. I'm hoping they're healthy. I made sure to put a non-slip surface in there.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Looks like it's hungry

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like it's hungry
Nah. They can last up to 72 hours in the incubator off the yolk they absorbed and it's dangerous to the other hatching chicks to open it whilst they're hatching.

Tomorrow it'll get moved to the brooder I've built.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Nah. They can last up to 72 hours in the incubator off the yolk they absorbed and it's dangerous to the other hatching chicks to open it whilst they're hatching.

Tomorrow it'll get moved to the brooder I've built.

Still looked like it wanted you to give it some food :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So I've got 3 guineas and a chicken now. The first guinea is white and the other two are brown. The chicken is wet and yellow.

When they're not in a massive pile pecking the living shit out of each other (the chicken was getting royally beaten up on it's way out of the shell and it's only intensified since there) they're sticking to their "colours".

@Job would be proud. I've got racist poultry :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can't believe I've not updated this in ages.

I definitely do have racist poultry. 4 light sussex chickens, white, they line up on the roost first, then the white guinea fowl, then the brown guinea fowl, then the only lavender guinea on the end.

100% racist. Job would definitely be proud if he hadn't gone mad and invaded Ukraine.

But I hatched a gosling the other day. One of two viable eggs - the second died after it had externally pipped (broken the outside of the shell) - I think it was just tired, shagged out and it's heart gave in.

The other one had spackky legs that I sorted out with a hair band and despite not wanting to eat or drink either at first is now fine. But they're social animals and really shouldn't be left alone - I've two more in the incubator - ETA 14th, but it'll be touch and go whether they make it because humidity has been too high. So I might be left with a goose that wants to follow me about everywhere and gets separation anxiety.

Cute as fuck though:
1651838993340.png

It's going to be hard work eating this one :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I definitely do have racist poultry. 4 light sussex chickens, white, they line up on the roost first, then the white guinea fowl, then the brown guinea fowl, then the only lavender guinea on the end.

100% racist. Job would definitely be proud if he hadn't gone mad and invaded Ukraine.

But I hatched a gosling the other day. One of two viable eggs - the second died after it had externally pipped (broken the outside of the shell) - I think it was just tired, shagged out and it's heart gave in.

The other one had spackky legs that I sorted out with a hair band and despite not wanting to eat or drink either at first is now fine. But they're social animals and really shouldn't be left alone - I've two more in the incubator - ETA 14th, but it'll be touch and go whether they make it because humidity has been too high. So I might be left with a goose that wants to follow me about everywhere and gets separation anxiety.

Cute as fuck though:
View attachment 46136

Sell it for spares? ;)

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Cute as fuck though:
View attachment 46136

Ha they have got you now.
They will be taking over very soon.

Watch this space

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've just been playing with what I think has turned out to be a goose's vagina.

Yes. It was necessary :eek:

:(

georgie

FH is my second home
Don't geese only have the one hole?

Guessing you were partaking in some fowl, bum fun too then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom