Anyone interested in?

PBAEhero

Fledgling Freddie
Im looking to start up a alb tank/necro group on the US servers, Perc spefic. I'm interested in seeing if there are any euros who have experience with this type of group. I specifically would like someone who has previous experience playing a necro in RvR assisting tanks w/ AF debuff.

Group makeup gonna look like:

Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
Minst
Pally
Necro
Merc
Merc

Basic strategy is tanks assist as normal per melee group, necro assists with AF debuff and powertap, transfers to cleric/sorc when needed. Simple idea, hard to pull off without an excellent necro/MA. Anyways if anyone is interested go ahead and send me a PM, would love to hear from some people.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
The necro is useless against any group that knows how to deal with it.

Regardless of recent changes the necro should be CCd and nuke'd to death very quickly. The necro pet isnt exactly small and easy to hide.

Its workable against Mid tank groups, less so vs hibs who have the benefit of GP and virtually always have a few casters.

If you try this at all pick a Mid-dominated server ;)

Its been tried on Excalibur - like everything else. Its successful at times, and frequently fails for the reasons above. The number of necromancers of decent RR proves the point - the number that have gained significant RPs since the line-of-sight issues were fixed should make it obvious to anyone.

PBAEhero

Fledgling Freddie
You have some valid points, most of which I agree with, you wouldnt ever hear me saying this group setup is easy to play, far from it. However we did it on alb/iseult for about 500k rps and it just rocked, the DPS output is ridiculous, much higher than any savage or BM group. The key is good support that keeps the necro de-mezzed, and a necro that knows that their main role is AF debuffing quickly, and then staying out of harms way, while staying an asset to the group rather than a liability.

PBAEhero

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
Just use Battlers, end of story.

lol, AF and ABS are 2 very different things, ABS +AF debuff is the key though. ;)

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
It doesn't matter, you'll have ~4k weaponskill and AoE absorb debuff charges (when fixed). You'll hit for shitloads :p

PBAEhero

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
It doesn't matter, you'll have ~4k weaponskill and AoE absorb debuff charges (when fixed). You'll hit for shitloads :p

Lol yes it does matter. Go ahead and test the 2 if you dont believe me.

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
AF debuff from the necro = cap every time

~2300-2400 weaponskill = cap on everything but paladins nearly every time
Battler + generic buffed merc = ~3000-3500 wskill

Soo.....

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
You can cap out with Battler alone, why run with a shitty Necro? :p

PBAEhero

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
You can cap out with Battler alone, why run with a shitty Necro? :p

lol your making yourself look stupid, thats just plain false

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
It's not.

What p0x said is spot on.Battler weaponskill is silly, bet it gets nerfed but probably take ages in europe to be.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
A 50% increase in weaponskill is a 50% increase in damage, do the maths :p

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, the necro getting 3 shotted by hib caster groups doesn't help either :)

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
If you're unwilling to believe me, that's your problem. I do not save every URL of every test either, so I ended the discussion :p

Necros suck, end of story.
Battler rules, end of story.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
battler > all tbh
just glad savages cant get it as a 2 hander :twak:

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
this is class ... anytime anyone suggests something that might not be totally completely uber/perfected/optimal ... it gets burned to the floor.

Maybe ... just maybe ... some people play this game to have fun ... try new things ... do strange stuff ... push the rules or just plain ignore them ...

Not everybody wants to uber... (and that is very easy to say for me as I'll never ever come close to uberness... ever ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom