News Anyone impacted by RBS / Natwest fuck up?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Salary went in today. Though I did have trouble logging on, it took a few attempts to get past a "temporarily unavailable" screen

Sar

Part of the furniture
We're still having problems here with Ulster Bank ffs, not fixed until next week.

Mind boggling incompetency tbh.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
My personal loan direct debit has switched itself from monthly to daily payments. Ouch.

soze

I am a FH squatter
My personal loan direct debit has switched itself from monthly to daily payments. Ouch.
All RBS personal loans have been taken twice. My Mum got her debit card declined till she could move money between accounts RBS said they were aware of the error and the money would be back tomorrow but made no apology for the fact she got embarrassed with a declined card.

Sar

Part of the furniture
And still it's rumbling on over here. I bet they don't even talk about compensating us for being without a bank account for over 2 weeks now. It's apparantly going to carry on into next week, so that'll be nearly a month (if it gets to Friday next week) without a working account. Fucking disgrace tbh, and this is a company 82% owned by the public. Then again I shouldn't be that surprised...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Talk with your feet, and transfer your account to another bank ASAP.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And bill them.

And complain to the ombudsman.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Talk with your feet, and transfer your account to another bank ASAP.

Only problem here is that we pretty much have a banking monopoly, and all our major 4 banks here are as shit as one another. Either that or go with some solid outfit like Santander. I hear they're rock steady these days :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
Only problem here is that we pretty much have a banking monopoly, and all our major 4 banks here are as shit as one another. Either that or go with some solid outfit like Santander. I hear they're rock steady these days :D
Coop bank? Last bastion of customer-owned goodness?

Sar

Part of the furniture
Meh, have a biggish overdraft with the UB, so I'd have to get that down before thinking of leaving. Mind you, co-op over here isn't exactly all that prevalent.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
First Direct here since 1999. No issues ever with them. (They are a sub bank of HSBC)

soze

I am a FH squatter
I am sure there is a reason why it can't happen but seeing as the governments own the height street banks anyway why not just expand the Bank of England to be a consumer bank. Take all of the profits away for the high street banks and have them go to the country or back to the people. I know it is probably impossible but I would switch tomorrow.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Very true, a mature company will realise how key IT is to every other aspect of the business and have procedures in place to evaluate, plan, and test before any changes, and also to eliminate repeat incidents through root cause analysis.

The fact a banking institution seems to fail to do all these things is beyond scary.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm up to my neck in it Ch3t, I'm going to write a book about it when I retire.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
once apon a time the DNB, the Dutch National Bank told the Dutch banks that IT was their core business. Their core business! Ever since that was said, the banks have been working their arses off to change that. Ah well.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hehe. Where I used to work senior management never missed an opportunity to tell us how unimportant we were in IT :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom