[QUESTION] Anyone have problems with guild mechanics ?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have one person who we have invited to the guild that we cant seem to do anything with in the guild roster window.

I cant kick him or promote him or demote him.

I have had him leave the guild and reinvited him and still the same problem.

Is this an known issue ? Or some sort of limitation we have found.

Just thought I would ask before making a bug report.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
You have to use the slash commands

/guildpromote xxxxxx

not sure about other commands but thats what i've been using.

I've found the UI only doesn't work for 'new' members in the guild, ppl added before a certain point are able to be changed with the UI

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Its an issue that affects many guilds since several days back, mine included. Wether its "known" or not is less certain - i made a CS petition on it and got a reply that as far as they knew it didnt affect anyone else, but they would "look into it"...

I assume im not alone in reporting it, so i guess that tells us something about the level of CS GOA are providing us. Yet again.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
You have to use the slash commands

/guildpromote xxxxxx

not sure about other commands but thats what i've been using.

I've found the UI only doesn't work for 'new' members in the guild, ppl added before a certain point are able to be changed with the UI

cool thanks :power:

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
This issue is known and is being investigated by our QA team, while it has also been passed on to Mythic. As suggested, using the /guildpromote NAME command should sort you out until a fix is implemented.

The number of bugs reported by our CSR's, passed on to QA for investigation and then passed on to Mythic for a solution to be found, is quite staggering. Many issues may be known internally among our CSR's, but not yet confirmed to be bugs. CSR's are often not able to share the knowledge they have on a topic, simply because it hasn't been confirmed. To do otherwise would be unprofessional and would lead to rumour spreading and basically false information being spread around. In other words, until an issue is confirmed we must practice caution.

-Magnus

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
The number of bugs reported by our CSR's, passed on to QA for investigation and then passed on to Mythic for a solution to be found, is quite staggering.

That many bugs.. what was beta for again...

:m00:

Soazak

Part of the furniture
This issue is known and is being investigated by our QA team, while it has also been passed on to Mythic. As suggested, using the /guildpromote NAME command should sort you out until a fix is implemented.

The number of bugs reported by our CSR's, passed on to QA for investigation and then passed on to Mythic for a solution to be found, is quite staggering. Many issues may be known internally among our CSR's, but not yet confirmed to be bugs. CSR's are often not able to share the knowledge they have on a topic, simply because it hasn't been confirmed. To do otherwise would be unprofessional and would lead to rumour spreading and basically false information being spread around. In other words, until an issue is confirmed we must practice caution.

-Magnus

Any chance you could post a full list of slash commands for us to use in the meantime?

a new post or in the update thread would be better than here of course (If you do decide to post it on war-europe could you at least copy it here for those of us who don't go there :))

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
if my memory serves me right there is a menu option at the chat panel that prints out all commands...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm comfortable with most of the work-arounds as the functionality is there, even if the interface to get at the functionality is a little borked.

The only real frustrating part of guild control is the Alliance situation, which even using the command line doesn't get around: /allianceinvite <GuildLeaderName> ..."player not found".

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I am suprised that so many bugs are being reported. I must admit I have seen very few of them myself - the odd crash to disk and a couple of minor things. It may be that after playing AoC anything short of a bug a minute seems amazing.

So far so good on the gold sellers as well, had 3 spam messages so far and all those in one day. It looks like GOA are taking the same hard line as Mythic say they are - best wishes to them in banning the lot.

Belsameth

Tainted
Not having much problems either. Nothing gamestopping at least.
Mostly minor things like cloak visibility state not being saved (I hate my white rag so want it off. This needs to be done after every time I zone) same goes for Guild Tithe (voluntary tax) it's saved in the interface but after zoning it resets as well.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
WAR has few bugs compared to most other game releases. But think we are just better at reporting the ones we find so they get 10000 copies of the same reports :)

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Hopefully, the fix below, included in the 1.02 patch will also resolve these issues. I'm not certain about this though and we would love some feedback tomorrow!

• Fixed a bug that prevented players from creating an alliance with more than two guilds. Now that this issue is resolved, alliances can grow to great numbers to crush their enemies!

-Magnus

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
WAR has few bugs compared to most other game releases.

No, Warhammer has just more legend builders (to whom I am becoming more and more allergic).

You didn't count the bugs, so you can't know, the rest is personal experience.

My:

Played all recent MMOs on same machine and I think they're all on par, each game had more broken stuff in different areas (e.g. Tabula Rasa had many broken quests that needed help from GMs, Age of Conan had a broken 3D engine and Warhammer has a broken network message engine) but they were similar when it came to game breaking.

Warhammer has the most sloppy client, especially in non-windowed mode and 2nd grade graphics which elimiate a lot of possible trouble (smart move).

Reading the various forums, all clients suffered from show stoppers like crash to desktop, degrading FPS over time, memory leaks and so on.

Unless we have access to the developers' internal bug tracking systems it is pointless to make any judgement, you could wait a couple of months and compare the past patch notes then for the some time length to get an idea, but companies today "stealth" nerf/fix, so it wouldn't be a good indication also.

So please, unless you're a paid Mythic or GOA employee with the task to do some guerrilla marketing, stop and think about it.

At the end of the day, the overall design and many old friends led me to Warhammer and I will stay with it for now, but it has little to do with the bugs.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No, Warhammer has just more legend builders (to whom I am becoming more and more allergic).

You didn't count the bugs, so you can't know, the rest is personal experience.

My:

Played all recent MMOs on same machine and I think they're all on par, each game had more broken stuff in different areas (e.g. Tabula Rasa had many broken quests that needed help from GMs, Age of Conan had a broken 3D engine and Warhammer has a broken network message engine) but they were similar when it came to game breaking.

Warhammer has the most sloppy client, especially in non-windowed mode and 2nd grade graphics which elimiate a lot of possible trouble (smart move).

Reading the various forums, all clients suffered from show stoppers like crash to desktop, degrading FPS over time, memory leaks and so on.

Unless we have access to the developers' internal bug tracking systems it is pointless to make any judgement, you could wait a couple of months and compare the past patch notes then for the some time length to get an idea, but companies today "stealth" nerf/fix, so it wouldn't be a good indication also.

So please, unless you're a paid Mythic or GOA employee with the task to do some guerrilla marketing, stop and think about it.

At the end of the day, the overall design and many old friends led me to Warhammer and I will stay with it for now, but it has little to do with the bugs.

what he said. This forum has died a death before it has started. All you lot want to do is whine and bitch.

Tell you what, why not e-mail GOA and mythic everytime you want to rant about something that only effects you or a small minority of people?

More idiots moaning about shit on here than used to about CS updates back in the day.

/edit : This post was aimed at scorge's comment, which was just flaming/baiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom