Anyone has an idea wether crafting will change?

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
The only way to make crafting in DaoC less painful is to go try the EQ2 crafting system (disclaimer: quit EQ2 some time ago it may have improved by now). Now that really was a system to have to pulling your own finger nails out in frustration.

Yeah , the EQ2 system can be a real biatch until you get used to it , once you get to know the " buffs " better you should be getting Pristine ( pristine is top quality in eq2 )virtually every time . Also , since they changed the crafting system slightly , ( basically added the daoc equivalent to secondary skills )you no longer need a carpenter to make your paper and quills if your a Sage ( as an example ):p

One good thing about the daoc system , at least you don't have to go and harvest your materials 3 at a time from each node ( or buy from someone else ).

But i do agree that the crafting in DAoC does need a revamp , as people have already said , you've spent all that time getting to LGM , you really shouldn't be " failing " so often to get those MP .

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Adoctor said:
crafting quest items do NOT affect your chance of MP. They only stop you getting 94-95% items.

Wrong!

You can still get 94% items, only exception to that is if you're using the item for making higher quality items, then the chance of making 94% items is gone. It still increases the chance of making a MP item by 1% or 2% depending on which quest you've done. There's a chance of 2% per try to make an MP without any crafting tools, increasing that to 3% or 4% isn't really that much imo. Instead if you have a lgm crafter you should be able to do a quest who gives you a 5-10% chance of making a MP.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
Wrong!

You can still get 94% items, only exception to that is if you're using the item for making higher quality items, then the chance of making 94% items is gone. It still increases the chance of making a MP item by 1% or 2% depending on which quest you've done. There's a chance of 2% per try to make an MP without any crafting tools, increasing that to 3% or 4% isn't really that much imo. Instead if you have a lgm crafter you should be able to do a quest who gives you a 5-10% chance of making a MP.

You're wrong :p
Q: What effect does the minimum quality tool do?
A: It raises the min floor of quality. so you have an equal chance of making 95-99% and still only a 2% chance for MP item. (with +1% quality tool)

http://www.ethinarg.com/faq.php

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Baldanah said:
Yeah , the EQ2 system can be a real biatch until you get used to it , once you get to know the " buffs " better you should be getting Pristine ( pristine is top quality in eq2 )virtually every time . Also , since they changed the crafting system slightly , ( basically added the daoc equivalent to secondary skills )you no longer need a carpenter to make your paper and quills if your a Sage ( as an example ):p

One good thing about the daoc system , at least you don't have to go and harvest your materials 3 at a time from each node ( or buy from someone else ).

But i do agree that the crafting in DAoC does need a revamp , as people have already said , you've spent all that time getting to LGM , you really shouldn't be " failing " so often to get those MP .

EQ2's crafting system is actually fun though. So far I've made it up to level 21 and I've actually enjoyed doing it - as much as levelling in fact. Its like a little game all on its own, and there is <some> element of skill involved at least in making things - unlike DAOC's mind numbingly dull <push button> <wait> <push button> <wait> etc etc etc.

Farming the ingrediants is a hugely good thing too imo. It means that crafting is not the outragously expensive affair that it is in DAOC. People actually sell items for many times their crafting costs (as you only have to buy materials to make the tools operate, like candles for chemistry operations, coal for the furnace) and even a low level can make a lot of money in a short amount of time. In DAOC, if I charge what an items cost me to make, I feel like I'm ripping someone off ("that will be 4p for MP plate legs please sir" "4p!!!11oneone!! You're having a giraffe son!")

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Ahh crafting, So much fun Isn't it :p

Hmm changes, Here goes.

General changes.
Main city crafting.

First off i'd remove all the meterial merchants, Sounds harsh i know, But read on :) Then i decrease timers for crafts in main city, -20% on skill 0 - 999, -40% on skill 1000 and up. Then i'd remove 94% and 95% from grey crafts and 96% when lgm status is achieved and final 97% when item is grey and you are LGM.

I'd add market explorers to main cities, Extended so there is 1 ME for each housing zone. These would be spread across the city but only have a 10% useage price.

Paterns.
I'd add paterns like the crown patern for all parts, Good wide selection and add rare dropped White paterns in the higher lvl tombs, ml9/10 bosses, sidi, legion, hib/mid si tomb bosses.

Weapons smith and fletchers.
I'd change the Main hand, 2hand, pole and staff weapons to 6 slot 42 point imbune value on MP weapons produced by crafters for the 51(rr5) market. This would have a small increase in ppl picking crafted over arti's. Instruments produced by fletchers would all have a 5 slot imbune value.
A selection of paterns for these items to add graphic details.
Removal of cross bow bolts from the fletching line and added to the weapons crafting line. Add an extra cross bow bolt and arrow that requires the head to be made by weapons smith and tail to be made by fletcher, These would be zero weight and stackable in 1000's, but produced in 100's and have the same stats as the highest arrows avail from merchants.

Armor smiths and tailors.
A larger selection of paterns not just for vest/robes but all parts, Giving a different look for ppl to pick from.

Alcemists.
Ability remove and reapply any proc from any weapon(none artifact), Armor(none artifact) or item(none artifact) with just the loss of item/weapon/armor incured, Salvage a heal proc from a weapon, lose the weapon. This would realy on alcs ability to make equal lvl procs.

Spell Crafters.
Ability to remove 50% of the gems from an item(none artifact), weapon(none artifact) or armor(none artifact) with the lose of said item/weapon/armor. Salvage would be from the selection of the the gems used to imbune the item or the closest they can craft. If the item has 4 stats, then 2 would be picked at random and these would be 100% qual and equal to highest they can craft in that gem line (yellow or lower).

Thats my take on it tho, Others would differ :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Bob007 said:
Spell Crafters.
Ability to remove 50% of the gems from an item(none artifact), weapon(none artifact) or armor(none artifact) with the lose of said item/weapon/armor. Salvage would be from the selection of the the gems used to imbune the item or the closest they can craft. If the item has 4 stats, then 2 would be picked at random and these would be 100% qual and equal to highest they can craft in that gem line (yellow or lower).

Err, could you give an example on this, and why it would be useful?

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Deepflame said:
Err, could you give an example on this, and why it would be useful?

Yeah sure, Lets take an item first.
Lava Etched Belt.
heat 6%
body 6%
hits 44
acuity 15
dexterity 15

1 gem you can't craft, Acuity, Leaves 4 gems. salvaging this item would give you 2 of 4 posible gems.

Heat resist gem
Body resist gem
hits gem
dexterity gem

As you can't craft them numbers, you'd get closest higher gem.

Heat resist gem at 7%
body resist gem at 7%
Hits gem at 44 hits
Dex gem at 16 dex

Both gems would be 100% qual. Imbune a mp requires all 99% for max over charge, or 1 mp and 1 98 for full over charge. You have salvaged a 100% qual gem from a piece of loot you'd maybe have sold to a merchant for 4g, This cuts down on your crafting time for scing, and cuts down on your costs for producing a 99% gem when a 98 will do.

Yes i understand you wouldn't salvage lava etched belt, But all them rog items that go to merchants could be usefull :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so, it's just a way to get easier MPs then I guess. Would have been cool if you could just imbue what you salvage out though. :)

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Yeah would be, But require mythic to add in every stat they produce and add a gem for it, Lets not hope for something thats not gonna happen :)

Am sure sc'er wouldn't mind free MP's from rog drops that norm sold to merchants. We all want more, but a little at a time :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
Wrong!

It does not affect the chances of making an MP, it simply raises the minimum quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom