Anyone has an idea wether crafting will change?

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
This has always been a nail in my coffin.
You start playing, need armour so i started crafting on my cleric. Took ages to skill up and loads of money and yet there are some things me and other crafters sure aren't happy about.

For instance when you get near capping (or doesn't even need to be that high) all items start to con grey.

To me, logical sense would be that when you craft a grey item you would at least get a 98-99% quality all the time and at least in about 10-15 retries an MP.
That way you know your time spend in crafting isn't (wasn't) wasted in the past and you don't spend a week trying to get someone a full mp suit.

At the moment you need an average of 50 retries or more to get an mp and usually get quite a lot 94-97% items still.

You would think that when something is grey you already got the perfection in making it mp or at least close as?

Does anyone have an idea if this is ever going to get better or hasn't Mythic not even thought about the logic sense behind it - or don't they care?

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I've only heard rumors that mythic has some plans for crafting, but I guess horses and new epic weapons take priority..

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
Made 3 MP crowns for a friend. :) first one took 40 and was pretty fine. Second took 100 and well bad luck happens. Last I got last night with 220 retries and well what can I say others but you can only guess if I would like crafting changed...

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
ye i heard some rumours aswell that mythic were planning some revising(sp?) of the crafting system and had some of the big crafters of us servers to help em

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
could be worse it used to be 89% qual up ;)

they've mentioned they're going to look at crafting - maybe next years freebie expansion will have some changes or they'll get to it in the normal patches.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Preferably something that will provide incentives to gather in the capitals again. I'd like to see something along the lines of group benefits. If a LGM is in the group, lower level crafters gain levels quicker as if they're receiving wisdom from a master craftsman.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Alyssania said:
Second took 100 and well bad luck happens.

You see that's the hole point... when you gained so much skill you should be able to have an mp straight away and not over 100 retries, otherwise what's the point in skilling up? :)

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
I'm LGM Tailor. MP Studded Boots I did for about 140 retries. /shrugged ah well nm, next item. 120 retries. Doh! (And I'm sure people have had even worse luck).

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
i must admit crafting in DAOC suck, Hopefully they will steal some of WoWs ideas on crafting. I also like the idea of an auction house but not sure how that would cope with CM's

:m00:

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's fine as it is. Maybe make some queststuff for lgm crafters so they get a higher bonus when crafting, that to me should be a nice reward alone. if it's too easy there would be a shitload of lgm crafters and there would be no one to ask for crafting. Might aswell have vendors that sells mp stuff if so.

just my 2 cents thou!

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Malcolm said:
Preferably something that will provide incentives to gather in the capitals again. I'd like to see something along the lines of group benefits. If a LGM is in the group, lower level crafters gain levels quicker as if they're receiving wisdom from a master craftsman.
Aye, or even a 10% skill up rate and 10% crafting speed extra while crafting in the capital zones would help loads.

Rep

One of Freddy's beloved
I've just came back to daoc from swg and the crafting system there was amazing..

Resources had up to like 10 stats, for example "Conductivity", which ranged from 1 to 1000. These resources came 'into shift' in different places thru out the game and stayed in shift for so long while you could mine them with various machines.

Crafting a specific item would require several different types of resource, all with random stats.

Crafting, then, with these resources with stats like this would produce an item with stats completely unique to that crafting session

Also, crafters on swg were proper classes, not just bits on the side like in daoc, so there were also items to increase crafting skills, giving you more "experimentation" points and such which helped you do things like create more durability on armor for example, at a risk of failing (similar to overcharging SC).

This gave rise to people being known as "the best armorsmith on the server" and such which i found really cool as they had fulltime jobs, tracking resources, placing harvesters and crafting better and better items to earn themselves fame as a crafter.

Anyhow, thats just an example of how daoc crafting could be made better, rather than just buying resources from an npc, crafting several hundred items for 1 mp and such.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The only way to make crafting in DaoC less painful is to go try the EQ2 crafting system (disclaimer: quit EQ2 some time ago it may have improved by now). Now that really was a system to have to pulling your own finger nails out in frustration.

yurithegreat

Banned
They should work the quality system out off drops imo
Example:
For every 99% qual item you salvage you get say 2 arcanium bars that when used along with the correct amount of bars makes a 99% qual item (2 bars only as an example ofc)
The rest of the bars are standard bars used for either crafting for skill gains or trinketing

Using the crafting bonus items such as 1% qual increase along with the 99% qual bars makes an MP piece of armor

Crafters have to farm drops that way to make their cool armors and also do the crafters quests to get qual increase tools

When making the armors you should get a /random 6 meaning you have a chance to make a MP part with 6 slots for SC and 2 slots for alchemy (procs) should you land the lot the 6 sc slots obviously are for sc gems the 2 alchemy slots are 1 buff slot and 1 damaging slot in a sense it would do away with BB`s as players with a full set would have a good few buffs with no timers on the buffs but keep the timers on the damaging procs
Same goes for making weapons
Also the quality of alchemy products such as procs should atleast mean something

SC materials should be given as drops aswell and also sc`ers should be able to remove gems from drops using the /salvage to gain materials again with the %qual of the item used for the quality of the item they are making

Thats my opinion anywayz

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the simple thing to do would be to allow SC'ers or alchs to make toa bonus gems/procs, also increase the amount of slots to 6. They could have semi rare drops that can be made into toa bonus gems (a bit like legendary weapons) this would increase the trade for all crafters.

At the moment its just a waste of time crafting :(

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Phule_Gubben said:
Maybe make some queststuff for lgm crafters so they get a higher bonus when crafting, that to me should be a nice reward alone.
There already are crafting quests that help you to do that, though?

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Mybuddies said:
I'm LGM Tailor. MP Studded Boots I did for about 140 retries. /shrugged ah well nm, next item. 120 retries. Doh! (And I'm sure people have had even worse luck).

was making an item for a guildy and was upto 170 tries and was told to give up

Gareivil_GK

Fledgling Freddie
Malcolm said:

That seems like a very nice idea...

Also maybe making Crafter able to make 5-6 diffent patchens on armour and weapons(making same axe but another style..)

Some people do tend to go for style more then use:D

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, the mundane crafts should have a bigger chance of MP and more choice of detail on your armor. I like that they added 'Inconnu' armor to the list, it's a step in the right direction.

Alchemy and Spellcrafting should be made slightly more powerful too, ie; 6 imbue slots for Spellcrafting and some extra things, like, 1% casting speed, stuff like that, but only limited to 1%. Maybe be able to SC cap increases as well, though, that could be pushing it.
Alchemy should get 'Always on' bonuses, like, 'Always on' extra strength buff to help those without bots and to even the field a little. Or 'Always on' 5% movement speed increase. You know, little things like that.

That would make crafting a heck of a lot more rewarding, rather than paste to fill the gaps created by your TOA items.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Only issue i have is the quallity.

Something along the lines of:

Red - 94-95%
Orange - 94-97%
Yellow - 94-100%
Blue - 95-100%
Green - 96-100%
Gray - 98-100%

With an equal chance of anything less than MP and MP occuring 1/5 of the chance of any other quality, so hence:

Red con - impossible
Orange - impossible
Yellow - 1/30 chance
Blue - 1/25 chance
Green - 1/20 chance
Gray - 1/10 chance

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Mybuddies said:

im tryin to make myself armour for my shade atm...the gloves took 280ish retries >.< im now up to about 140 retries on wreath..and i have a bad feeling.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Demand for crafted items is already very low as it is, increasing the chance of MP items will completely destroy the market for them. Yes, sometimes I am very unlucky and taken 200+ tries to get the MP, but other times I'm very lucky and get a MP after only a few. That's just the way it works, and I'm happy with it like that.

I wouldn't mind not getting the low quality ones, but the last thing I want is the MP rate increased.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Now with the Prydwen-implosion, I suspect demand for MP crafted items has gone up a lot.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Now with the Prydwen-implosion, I suspect demand for MP crafted items has gone up a lot.

True, but that's only a temporary situation, once people replace their stuff the demand will go back to practically zero. If Mythic made any changes, it would be (semi) permanent and would result in long term collapse of the market for these items.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, but what would you expect? Players can't keep getting their gear re-crafted over and over. Once their character is done they wont need a new kit for ages.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i can see the prydwen-implosion being potentially v bad for crafters. Short term they will get a boost of business as hundreds of ppl redo templates, bad side alot of these ppl in a few weeks may have changed temp anyway but will not need to now for many, many months ie: there will be a pretty long dry spell, dryer than before for a long time.
In this time some crafters may continue to craft mp's ect on the off chance ppl still need new stuff and market then rather than being dry of mp's as demand is high may be flooded by mp's driving yr prices down.

Just my take on it, i know i will prolly be proven wrong but I can see smth along these lines actually happening.

Oh and the idea's i've read so far seem v nice, some a little too rewarding and easy going for crafters but some are good solid idea's that would work a charm :D

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Vandar said:
Only issue i have is the quallity.

Something along the lines of:

Red - 94-95%
Orange - 94-97%
Yellow - 94-100%
Blue - 95-100%
Green - 96-100%
Gray - 98-100%

With an equal chance of anything less than MP and MP occuring 1/5 of the chance of any other quality, so hence:

Red con - impossible
Orange - impossible
Yellow - 1/30 chance
Blue - 1/25 chance
Green - 1/20 chance
Gray - 1/10 chance

Perhaps if you tweak those figures a bit it could be a good idea...
Personally, and having all items con grey in weaponcraft,tailoring and armorcraft, I'd be pumping out lots of MP everyday if I wanted to.

I think that's not right and would hurt other crafters a lot.
Even if it's in a way a reward for capping the craftingskill.

Going with your idea, I'd use these numbers:
Yellow - 1/50
Blue - 1/40
Green - 1/30
Gray - 1/20

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
There already are crafting quests that help you to do that, though?

Yes there is at 700 and 800 in tradeskill, they gives 1% and 2% gain when trying to make mp's. why not make a 1000 tradeskill quest too that gives like 5-10%? Was thinking more like that, could have stated that too ofc but I chose not to.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
crafting quest items do NOT affect your chance of MP. They only stop you getting 94-95% items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom