Anyone got a PSP?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone imported one? if so what site you go to? im thinking about getting one from Importmadness.

If you have one whats your opinion on it? good or bad?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
let us know how you get on wit it when you get one.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Played them, not a bad console. Some people have reported issues with the analogue stick breaking after a short time. Also battery life tends to be very short.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Any one had any dead pixels on thier psp or ds? Guy bought one back at work, only one dead pixel on his top DS screen, but it was very noticable and annoying. Not sure what Sony and Nintendos returns policy is regarding dead pixels on these handhelds.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I reckon it should be a replacement given the small size of the screen.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I got one its amazin.

Got Ridge Racers and Super Puzzle Bubble, got a 512mb card for movies managed to fit an episode of Spaced and Family Guy on there.

Very easy to use had mine for about 2 months now and haven't had any Dead pixel problems and the battery life depends on what your doin really I get around 8hrs of play from Ridge Racers and about 12hrs from Puzzle Bubble. But im waiting for the US release b4 I get any more games as I can't read much Japanese. I bought the Value Pack so I got the cool headphones and case.

The only problem with the PSP I find is the screen gets smudged very easily, so u have to wipe every now and then.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Tempted to get a US one, once they are available from Lik Sang europe (as UMD movies will be region coded but the games won't, and I don't really want japanese movies, at least not without without subs!).

Yaka

Part of the furniture
well im told that yank movies just released work fine on japan psp's, region locking is lame tbh on psp. will only make some one crack it

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Ordered mine from Lik-Sang sunday. apparently they might not get over here till November so that Sony can feed the mighty USA.

Ordered Wipe Out & some truck shooter game (forget what its called)

The DS looks too clunky for me and the games are too childish.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
given my DS away. it was good but not for me.

might get a PSP now

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Gamespot.com has a great a feature on the psp at the moment if you have any questions about the psp.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
DSCF0187.JPG

sod it im getting one now in a weeks time or so. so cool to have a psp XBMC remote!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Apparantly by the time the PSP is launched here, the Square button "feature" will have been rectified.

Huzzah!

:D

Still can't beat my SP though :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I haven't had a problem with mine at all, the square button is fine and no dead pixels. But alot of people have.

Lumines arrived this morning and its brillant.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I think the problems have been blown out of proportion in all honesty, I read somewhere only about 0.6% of Japan PSP's were affected by dead pixels, which for the launch of a new console, reallyy aint that bad. Any company will have some production issues early in a product's life cycle, why should the PSP be any different? Sony are replacing defective PSP's like they did with PS2 and MS are doing with Xbox power cords, so I really don't see what the fuss is about. Once again the unhappy few are outwhining the happy many, who are probably too busy playing Wipeout Pure to care.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
not really Bodhi. It's not Sony's fault, we as consumers have to bite a hard bullet with dead pixels. On such a small display as the PSP's and DS one or two dead pixels are far more noticable than on your 19" flat screen. Nintendo have chosen to accept dead pixels as a fault, Sony have not.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Well I got mine on friday. there's 1 dead pixel but tbh I only notice it when the screen is black, otherwise its not really a problem. I got wipeout pure and iyts very addictive. One hell of a cool console and def aimed at the adult market...nice one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom