anyone going planetside may19th?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

No.

S

Sarnat

I want to try it before buying... plus I dont think my computer will run it. Not gonna leave daoc for it though, only to step in place of T2...

T

trumpandkwo

Ofc im going to play an FPS with servers located outside my country and with maybe upto 3k players per server.

because we all know that low ping doesnt matter in an FPS.

O

optical-

yep going planetside.

not willing to play a game anymore where the developers think its ok to destroy la after a year and destroy 2 classes at once + nerf another class all in one patch whilst other realms get improvements.

G

Gekul

Originally posted by trumpandkwo
Ofc im going to play an FPS with servers located outside my country and with maybe upto 3k players per server.

because we all know that low ping doesnt matter in an FPS.

It's not like being in a quake or CS server with 3k players, the netcode will be completely different. Probably something similar to tribes 2. :)
I'll probably take alook at it, my pc is just under the min specs though :(

K

katt!

Originally posted by optical-
yep going planetside.

not willing to play a game anymore where the developers think its ok to destroy la after a year and destroy 2 classes at once + nerf another class all in one patch whilst other realms get improvements.

want a tissue?

J

Jonaldo

yep here

been waiting for something to come out that might be a little less flawed than daoc. Even if it's not it can't be much worse. And even if it is I want to try something new anyway :)

B

baphomet

I'd like to , but don't have the time to play 2 MMOGs.

T

terrat

I am in it right now....have been since closed beta. First off obviously these 2 games are nothing alike...Daoc and PS. Almost everything you like in Daoc will not be in PS. Also all you people crying about Mids being nerfed...look at all the servers for christ sakes...most of em Mids own all the relics if not all and rule the land. It is not because you are a better player or have better organization. So you picked the class that everyone knows EVERYONE knows was over powered...boo freaking hoo maybe you shouldnt have jumped on the bandwagon.

O

old.ivan

All the experience i got from playing Neocron, allegedly the first MMOFPS with Rpg elements, says that i wont be playing Planetside...

Americans TaLkInG LiKe ThIs AlL tHe TiMe .... thats just too much, im not claiming that every one of em is like that but enough to make a person run away.
FPS = a good lot of CS dudes with one sole desire to pwn.
It will be good if Planetside has a solid Sci-Fi plot, otherwise it will come down to shooting each other all day long, stopping to buy ammo.

Im gonna try Planetside, but my hopes are not high because of that FPS element.

PS: and no, i didnt get pwned in Neocron.

V

Validus

cant make up my mind on what mmorpg to choose yet >_<

might just end up playing diablo II 1.10 (comes up before may according to bliz)

O

old.m0000

planetside looks cack

as every other mmorpg out at the moment does.

<yawn irl>

:sleeping:

T

Tesla Monkor

No.

And this thread shouldn't be here to begin with. ;P

L

Lafala Arifel

No. It looks about as exciting as a, heh, an FPS really :p

X

Xtro

Yes, I'll be playing Planetside along with about 20 others from Mid/Pryd.

F

fatgit

eyup xtro, which side will you be playing for ? :)

At the mo, I play Terran, so no doubt you will be Vanu or NC and kick my arse all over as you did in T1 and DaoC :p

For those worried about US servers etc, there SHOULD be UK/Euro servers at release, if not, I get 250ms ping to US, and it plays fine.

And I dont want it to be released on time, I want a nice long delay, because atm its free to play :p

You have to remember, PS is a MMOFPS, not MMORPG. For those that have played T1/T2, imagine a 3500 player game of T2 C&H with a better engine, better vehicles & equipment, but no jetpacks :p
It plays as a FPS. Theres no economy, no tradeskills, no PvE etc.
Im not sure about the long-term playability in PS, but then again people still play T1/CS after all this time, & usually play the same maps, and the PS maps are HUGE.

F

Flimgoblin

looks interesting - I'll maybe try it out... wait and see methinks :)

V

Validus

Originally posted by fatgit
You have to remember, PS is a MMOFPS, not MMORPG. For those that have played T1/T2, imagine a 3500 player game of T2 C&H with a better engine, better vehicles & equipment, but no jetpacks :p

no jetpacks? i heard the airplanes are so crap they mind aswell be jetpacks (airplanes are like normal fps just in the air)

X

Xtro

Originally posted by fatgit
eyup xtro, which side will you be playing for ? :)

At the mo, I play Terran, so no doubt you will be Vanu or NC and kick my arse all over as you did in T1 and DaoC :p

/blush!

Hello old m8 :D

Heh you couldn't be more wrong FG, I plan to play for the good ol' TR! Some of the old HH (HH here on Pryd) are going to play and people I've got to know in daoc are too, including present guildies in KN :)

Its up on amazon for pre-order but I guess that date is total BS.

I REALLY look forward to playing this, be just like old times. Well...this time me you and Jenkz might be on the same side :p

Cheers m8

D

deygos

the 19th may is official

i got concerns over lastability but if i can b a pilot then what the hell ;]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom