anyone found the new epic priest quests?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
If you mean the epic armour sets, they drop in MC. Drop rate seems to have been boosted somewhat this patch - bosses drop ~2 pieces and there's a chance for it to drop off trash too.

ansgarr

Fledgling Freddie
no,no..I mean a new series of epic quest geared towards highlvl players.

So far I have heard that paladin epic quest starts as a random drop in Dire Maul. Perhaps the priest quest start there aswell...

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
ansgarr said:
paladin epic quest starts as a random drop in Dire Maul.
The book "The Light, and how to swing it!" - by Uther?

I'm guessing those are what you're referring to?

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
The book "The Light, and how to swing it!" - by Uther?

I'm guessing those are what you're referring to?

No, thats the class book for the Dire Maul Class trinket, while nice, it is not epic.

The epic quest is given by a purple drop like this one for Warriors & Paladins.
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35776

Which leads to Onyxia and gives as reward:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35887

Don't know where priest epic starts, but I've been told that hunter epic starts in Molten Core.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
from reading the threads on that board looks like its gonna be pretty impossible for me to complete unless

a. Im lucky and get invited to join a pickup raid group (i get lots of invitations for 5, 10 and 15 'man' pickup raids, never a 40 tho :( )
b. I join a raid guild (which i don't want to do)

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
3 Things:

1. Get drop (Eye of Divinity) from Majordomo in MC. Not very easy if you don't know how and needs some good sheepers and good tanks. (and some people who are Honored status to douze the flames to summon this bad ass mob)
Droprate will be increased next patch (100% quest item drop but it can be a priest or hunter one)
2. Get drop (Eye of the Shadow) from either Kazzak or Elite Demons in Darkwhisper Gorge (Winterspring) / Tainted Scar (Blasted Lands). Kazzak is a sure drop but some servers have such campers (can you imagine people have campbots stationed there...) that it can be impossible to get Kazzak killed (he's even hard). And the drop from the random elites is as hard as any random world drop so it's all about luck. It's BoE btw from the random elites.
3. Get Quest done near Stratholme (by equipping the Eye of Divinity). Without the eye you won't see it. Nobody can help you (cast on you or do damage) as they can't see the mobs or the peasants either and they can't interfere. I had someone passing by once so people can pass by without interrupting it. Don't need the Shadow Eye for this. Just need the Divinity Eye.

Tips on the Priest Epic Quest:

1. Don't use the healthbars above the mobs/peasants.
2. Get some oil + crystal spire (from ungoro, blue+green at the E crystal)
That will deal with most of the mobs that spawn.
3. Pay attention as the peasants can get another disease halfway (think it's the archers doing it to them) so watch out and cure em.
4. Renew Rank 7 and Flash Heal Rank 4 were sufficient here.
5. Get some nice Felwood insta stuff like Nightbreath and Whipper Roots.
6. Don't die, heal yourself ofcourse as well (unlike the manual says).
7. Get a couple of big major mana potions
8. Get some buffs from other people (like intellect, druid buff, etc.)

I personally did it with some mana regen gear (about 30 mana regen). Healed myself a couple of times. Use Flash Heal (rank 4) on -50% peasants. And I also respecced myself to Holy for this specially (even Holy Nova Rank 2 is nice as it will insta kill the skellies so I waited sometime when I had like more then 4 around me to insta kill em). Only took me 4 tries to get it done (and first 3 were kinda coordinating which info from the websites was right and what isn't. (I only had 4 oils left for the last try and in combination with the spire damage shield and my holy nova it was sufficient).

So good luck to anyone who gets the drop from Majordomo!

PS. Looking for an Eye of the Shadow :D

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
in contrast to poster above I'd suggest you do turn the healthbars ON ... set max camera distance and move view to something like a birds view (prevents the healthbars from jumping around too much) ...

I've done it with my fortitude buff only and 30 oils (and fear is also nice) ... having something like thorns would also help I suppose ...

most importnat thing I learned: KEEP YOURSELF healed as well ... grab a healthstone from a friendly warlock, it will help ;)

anyway, bring on patch 1.8 so I can finaly put an enchant on the staff :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom