Anyone found a uk supplier with a correct date for cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda as the title says really, i can't seem to find an online retailer with a 24th/25th march release date. Wanna pre order it so its here waiting when i get back from holiday but can only find places with release dates of the 15th april.

York

Fledgling Freddie
Sugah said:
Kinda as the title says really, i can't seem to find an online retailer with a 24th/25th march release date. Wanna pre order it so its here waiting when i get back from holiday but can only find places with release dates of the 15th april.

www.swallowgames.co.uk

Ive emailed them a few times this is email i sent and the reply i got.

Dear Swallowgames
I have been checking your site for the upcoming release of Dark age of Camelot: Catacombs expansion but unfortunatly i havent seen it yet, on the forums for dark age of camelot alot of players are concerned because GoA the company who provides DAoC to europe is being abit slow on passing the new release date to the distributors, as you can imagine this is creating concern for alot of current subscribers to DaoC.
The date that was given to distributors was the 15th of April yet the new official release date is now 24th of march (25th for the UK friday release). The main concern of many players is that the 25th of march is a bank holiday and alot are worried that they will recieve the game on tuesday, my question is would you be able to provide the expansion on the thursday? i know many companies do this because of bank holidays.
I would be happy to direct the players from the forums to swallowgames when you have it up on your site.

No prob...i will sort it for the weekend.
many thanks,
SwallowGames.co.uk

So look out for it this weekend sometime, they are aware of the new release date so it should be all peachy

Ps ive used them few times and they have always been quick.
Good luck

Animal

Fledgling Freddie
well , i just checked swallowgames , and they do have the Catacombs Expansion up on the site now, but with a 15/04/05 release date :/

Animal

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm ... thats really wierd , as according to Req , the boxed set isn't due for release until 15/04 , where-as the expansion box is due on the 25/03 . ( theres a statement from Req stating that in one of hese posts somewhere )

skunksmoka

Fledgling Freddie
under 2 weeks to release and still no uk suppliers with correct date :/

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
im just gonan go into all my local game shops ont eh release date and if they dont have it then ill be pissed.. but untill then.. ill just wait..

Edit: if yer gonna say yer waiting before flaming then you can :p

York

Fledgling Freddie
hi guys

Swallowgames have put it on thier web site but they are stating april release, the guy i emailed about it wont seem to take my word for it (even though i directed him to the official release statment from GOA).

No idea how this is gonna pan out but by the looks of it the servers are gonna be upgraded on the 24th and noone is gonna be able to get the game till almost a month later ... poor show GOA, you need to get your arse in gear!

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
this is a joke now, surly this could/will effect sales overall? you would think it would be sorted now its less than 2 weeks away.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
UndyingAngel said:
im just gonan go into all my local game shops ont eh release date and if they dont have it then ill be pissed.. but untill then.. ill just wait

thats what i am going to do, though i am pretty worried Game wont even be stocking it, fuck it, if they dont i will just give in and join the WoW band wagon.

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
well i cant order the game from my own company so i have doubts that this add on will do anything to help current population problems
if i can't buy from my shop i will cancel my accounts and just play wow
deepfried

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
Deepfried said:
well i cant order the game from my own company so i have doubts that this add on will do anything to help current population problems
if i can't buy from my shop i will cancel my accounts and just play wow
deepfried
so much for their new distribution company

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
yes, because I'm sure all the new players will be salivating waiting to pre-order an expansion for a game they've not yet bought...

*rolleyes*

Sounding like a broken record here.

15th of April is the boxed set, that's when the new players will be playing, that's when the advertising is aimed at (read Requiel's posts on the matter).

I'd really like to have catacombs on the 25th myself too, and I'm fairly confident it'll be in the game shops all ready for me by then and I'm also quite sure that whining on here again and again and again about the same damned thing over and over and over and over and over again will do little more than piss off the GMs so they stop listening.

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I'm also quite sure that whining on here again and again and again about the same damned thing over and over and over and over and over again will do little more than piss off the GMs so they stop listening.
Stop listening to your customer because they complain about your product? That is not the way to run a company, but the easy way out for a person.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
For SI i had a FEW probs cmovincing the shops in my area that it was due for release on the correct day...BUT a quick phonecall fixed it...for ToA i had a nightmare just getting ahold of it, but i managed to in the end 1 day after release (after cancelling several orders that i had PRE ordered weeks before that still hadnt even registered as sent out)....catacombes looks likely its going to continue the trend of "im sorry sir, we dont have it on the shelve, and if we dont have it on the shelve then it obviously doesnt exisst"...."have you seen this neat console game?"

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Megalodon said:
Stop listening to your customer because they complain about your product? That is not the way to run a company, but the easy way out for a person.

there's a difference between:

"This product is faulty, this is why"

and "WAAH WAAH YOU SUCK!!!"

The first is something the GMs can either do something about themselves or pass onto someone who might be able to, the second helps noone.

The fact that a lot of shops don't have the correct release date yet is concerning but the GMs know full well about it and I'm sure they're doing everything they can to sort it out.

Dillyana

Fledgling Freddie
For those wanting to buy their Catacombs box in a shop in Sweden, I have found out that Catacombs will be sold on release date by EB Games / Traditions (I have booked my copies and the date seemed to be march 24). At the other store where I often buy games, called Game, they don't seem to know about this expansion pack.

To know if there is a shop near you, you can check this site, it lists some adresses, although the site seems a bit outdated (or check eniro)
www.tradition.se

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
A talked to some dude in GAME, Solna and he said they were gonna get it the 24th and start selling the 25th.

But I always buy my stuff at webhallen or softwareexpress

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
yes, because I'm sure all the new players will be salivating waiting to pre-order an expansion for a game they've not yet bought...*rolleyes* Sounding like a broken record here.

They should be. If the marketing was actually out there for people to be in anticipation of the product then maybe that would happen.

That's what hype is and that's what hype generates.
That is, if your product is good enough.

Part of the problem in the UK has been the lack of advertising in the past, lack of availability in the stores, and when the community that doesn't want the game they love to die, and starts to get nervous about both you come back with flippant replies and that people should just stay quiet.

That broken record dear sir, is coming from your direction.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kaod said:
They should be. If the marketing was actually out there for people to be in anticipation of the product then maybe that would happen.

did you note I said the expansion and not the boxed set? - no point having everyone after an expansion they can't use.

You need to flog em the boxed set (which is why the 15th of april is far more important for the new players - they can't do anything with a box from the 25th)

The community's quite entitled to be nervous if it wants to be but it could try and maybe post things in the same sodding thread rather than creating 40000 separate ones for a change :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
skunksmoka said:
ignore the player base for the win LOL

just a note... the FH posters aren't "the player base"

we're about 0.05% of "the player base" ;)

a particularly vocal and passionate* 0.05%

but still not "the player base".

(* - some might say "whiny")

Moggit

One of Freddy's beloved
i have just rung Play.com and Game and it does not look good:(

GAME: They do not know about this game they have no record and do not know if they will be stocking it at all

PLAY.COM: Told me i did not know what i was talking about the date of the 15.4.5 had been confirmed and that is the day that the extension pack will be release. I mentioned that we ( the players) had been told by our server GMs that it would be released on the 24.3.5 and was told i was incorrect and so was our server GM but if it was released before the 15.4.5 then we would recieve as soon as they had :(

i want my add on :(

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
did you note I said the expansion and not the boxed set? - no point having everyone after an expansion they can't use.

You need to flog em the boxed set (which is why the 15th of april is far more important for the new players - they can't do anything with a box from the 25th)

The community's quite entitled to be nervous if it wants to be but it could try and maybe post things in the same sodding thread rather than creating 40000 separate ones for a change :p

Fair point.

However, by the sounds of things, the people in the UK won't be playing it much before then either though. ;)

From what I can gather the bottom line of most things related to this forum is this:

Don't keep complaining else the GM's might stop reading.
Well more fool them if that's the case.

You reap what you sow, and thus far, not a great deal has been sown.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kaod said:
Don't keep complaining else the GM's might stop reading.
Well more fool them if that's the case.

I think I've been overharsh on that (reading the excal RvR section will do bad things to anyone's sanity) - what I mean is:

Don't flame the GMs - they are here to help after all.
State your problems in a mature fashion and don't go screaming "bullshit" at GMs and the like ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Moggit said:
i want my add on :(

:(

panic backup plan: if it all goes titsup for the 25th could always order from a french/german mail delivery company?

hmm I have a cousin in germany .... :)

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I think I've been overharsh on that - what I mean is:

Don't flame the GMs - they are here to help after all.
State your problems in a mature fashion and don't go screaming "bullshit" at GMs and the like ;)

Hell, I'm all out of arguments now then! ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well i think Req and co do a fantastic job on the whole, they seem to be the public voice of a company of incompetents though, which is a shame, DAOC could be the greatest mmorpg of all time, its just half the time it seems the devs (mythic) and the people that run our srvers just dont want it to be, you just need to look at the TL program to see what they (mythic) think of their customers views. Its only been in the lst year or so, since player numbers have been dropping like a stone that Goa have woken up and got people like req to actually talk to us.
As for the release debacle, i have every confidence that it will be ok in the end, however the release is less than 2 weeks away now and the places we can buy the game from dont even know of its existance.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Any updates on this? I want to order two copies of Catacombs, but everywhere - and I mean everywhere - in the UK still says "Due for release on 15/04/2005".

Bloody ridiculous. Heads should fucking roll over a farce like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom