Anyone found a uk supplier with a correct date for cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
All UK retailers should be updating to show the correct release date over the next day or so as we have now resolved the problem that made our distributors want to change the date to April. As a result of resolving this problem however there is a chance that Game may not be stocking the expansion as they were insisting on it being released in April and apparently aren't prepared to deal with a March release date. We are trying to talk them round at the moment and I'll let you know how that goes. In the meantime I can confirm that you will definitely be able to get Catacombs in stores and via webmerchants for the 25th March.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Requiel said:
All UK retailers should be updating to show the correct release date over the next day or so as we have now resolved the problem that made our distributors want to change the date to April. As a result of resolving this problem however there is a chance that Game may not be stocking the expansion as they were insisting on it being released in April and apparently aren't prepared to deal with a March release date. We are trying to talk them round at the moment and I'll let you know how that goes. In the meantime I can confirm that you will definitely be able to get Catacombs in stores and via webmerchants for the 25th March.

:clap:

shame about Game - guess i'll be buying it elsewhere :(

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

Thanks for the clarification on the matter :) Quite happy to order from Play etc even if it means it'll be a few days late cos of Easter.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Requiel said:

nice one, will leave game to the playstation fanbois then :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'm sorry but are GAME on this planet or their own specially designed one?

NOT HAPPY SELLING A FEW HUNDRED COPIES OF A GAME?!!!??

Well I'm happy not to buy it off the cretins or ever darken their door again.

Please make Game go away and give us a REAL games distributor.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Amazon.co.uk still showing 15th April. as is Play.com. as is swallowgames.co.uk

FraGGenstein

Fledgling Freddie
Have the same 'Release Date Bug' here in Sweden aswell. The internet game shop i usually use originally put the release date to the 24th, so I pre-ordered it ofc.
Now, sometime during the last few days, they revised the release date to a 'Preliminary 30th', very interesting.
After a phone call to the company all I found out was that they 'really didnt wanna tell me where they got this new info from'...oh well, will just have to wait and see I guess...hehe.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
FraGGenstein said:
Have the same 'Release Date Bug' here in Sweden aswell. The internet game shop i usually use originally put the release date to the 24th, so I pre-ordered it ofc.
Now, sometime during the last few days, they revised the release date to a 'Preliminary 30th', very interesting.
After a phone call to the company all I found out was that they 'really didnt wanna tell me where they got this new info from'...oh well, will just have to wait and see I guess...hehe.

Webhallen.se still have 24/3 as release date

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
Update received this morning from Game.

Dear Mr Pearce,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately we do not have any information on the release date for
Catacombs and we also have not had it confirmed that we will be stocking
the title.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Chloe Coupe
Customer Services Advisor
GAME Stores Group LTD

Looks like you will have trouble with Game Requiel as you thought. Who needs Game anyway :kissit:

As a funny note when I went into the game store in Oxford last week and asked about Catacombs I was told to buy WOW instead to which my reply was If I wanted WOW I would have asked for it. The guy then said he played DAOC for a whole year and it was crap compared to WOW.

Those muppets wont be getting my business ever again unless I want to play a game for 10 days and then take it back as they make a good free rental store.

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
This has been mentioned before and believe me Play.com have made a cock up. I would not go ordering it.

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel has said they have sorted the Matter. How quickly the actual Retailers update their information and their internal communications work is a matter outside of the control of GOA. So whilst Requiel or whoever may have been told it would be updated in next few days it may take longer but that does'nt mean that the problem has not been addressed and resolved from the GOA end.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
heh, i have check alott different online shops in Finland and not yet find even way to preorder this addon.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Scunner said:
Requiel has said they have sorted the Matter. How quickly the actual Retailers update their information and their internal communications work is a matter outside of the control of GOA. So whilst Requiel or whoever may have been told it would be updated in next few days it may take longer but that does'nt mean that the problem has not been addressed and resolved from the GOA end.

It also does not mean that it has been resolved.

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
2 add my 2 pennys i went in to Game in canterbury where i hasseld to the guy the point of making him ring some people dont know who to get conformation of a date, and the guy on the phone said that its not a real game! the guy (me) must have got the title wrong... i ask you! anyhow he said if it is a real game they wont get it.

so went to HMV nice chap there he did a quick search and it said some time in april and i stated that its the incorrect date and he said if it is wrong then they will get it b4 hand it will be on the shelfs.

looks like Game couldnt care less, shame really i use to buy a lot there but wont be now they treated me like a retard as they have many other people in this thred...

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I ordered my 2 copies from Play for about 14.98 each (no shipping charge). So as long as they arrive, then its going to be a good deal.

IainC

Tuppe said:
heh, i have check alott different online shops in Finland and not yet find even way to preorder this addon.
Cos I'm nice.
Here you go.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
the date on amazonis april 15th so im guessing game will be the same. need to find out for sure so i can book time off work lol

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
why don't u let us download it from the Goa Europe main site and buy the cd-key for £14.99 ??

U'll make money directly without having to pay distributors/retailers etc.

I'm not a great one for servers (as in i have no clue how they work), but u could use the EU test server as download one for catacombs.

Everyone can download catacombs now, buy the cd-key and w8 till the 24th to activate it.

IainC

Adoctor said:
why don't u let us download it from the Goa Europe main site and buy the cd-key for £14.99 ??

U'll make money directly without having to pay distributors/retailers etc.

I'm not a great one for servers (as in i have no clue how they work), but u could use the EU test server as download one for catacombs.

Everyone can download catacombs now, buy the cd-key and w8 till the 24th to activate it.
For a couple of reasons:
It's about a 3.5GB install and having a lot of people downloading that at the same time would probably crash our network or at the very least make the servers unplayable.

Secondly, we've not been able to offer direct purchasing in the past because our contracts didn't allow us to compete with our distributors. I believe that the marketing team have been working on things however and there may be other alternatives on the horizon.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
For a couple of reasons:
It's about a 3.5GB install and having a lot of people downloading that at the same time would probably crash our network or at the very least make the servers unplayable.

Secondly, we've not been able to offer direct purchasing in the past because our contracts didn't allow us to compete with our distributors. I believe that the marketing team have been working on things however and there may be other alternatives on the horizon.

ahhh k cheers for answering :) ...

as for 3.5gb...some people i know will need to delete some pron to make room (no not me :cheers: )

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Play.com still listing 14th April as Cats release date - just spoke to Pauline there, she's looking into it again for me and will call me back. Soon as I know anything, I'll post it up here.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
shame that even if you order it for the correct date with play.com you still wont receive it in time for Easter.

Animal

Fledgling Freddie
well www.play.com have changed the date for the release of the cats expansion , but its still not the 25th March ......... they have it as the 1st April now instead of the 15th they originally had it at :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well i think its pretty clear that we wont be getting catacombs in the UK, for at least 2 weeks - 1 month after it goes live...a real shame and a real kick in the balls for sticking with daoc through the the years. :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Raven said:
well i think its pretty clear that we wont be getting catacombs in the UK, for at least 2 weeks - 1 month after it goes live...a real shame and a real kick in the balls for sticking with daoc through the the years. :(

I'd have said it looks fairly murky to me...

meh all else fails mail order it from france :p take a day or two at most to mail it.

Mikor

Fledgling Freddie
just checked gameply.co.uk they have finaly updated but they have put the release down as 1/04/05 :eek2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom