Anyone found a uk supplier with a correct date for cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Play rang me back yesterday and said to the best of their knowledge April 1 was the actual release date.

It'll be so astoundingly sucky if it turns out we actually will have to wait longer than the rest of Europe to play Catacombs because of this bloody ridiculous farce.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I'm getting the sense that actually it will be 1st April before we get the expansion in the UK, the last day of the week I've taken off to play it after the official release date was announced hurray.

Really this is so farcical it almost seems like one of the stories that used to be made up about how GoA could screw things up. I'm normally quite a defender of things being out of their control but here we are talking about the official link from the official pages, supposed to be coming 'back' from WoW for Catacombs along with most of my guild...many of us with time off next week to explore instances together...so much for that :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
scares me how much power certain high-street retailers have really :(

the official link works fine for me btw - if you click on the grey boxed set you get a coming soon message but the red expansion is a link to play.com...

if anyone really really wants to play it on the 24th they could take a trip to calais and get a french copy :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
scares me how much power certain high-street retailers have really :(

Since GAME haven't even been stocking DaoC since before ToA it's stupid to pander to them in any way. It's also insulting to have a post on an official site which says release date is 24th March click the buy link to be taken to a page with a release date of the 1st April makes the whole outfit look entirely unprofessional.

Of course I'll happily spend my week off playing WoW instead but longer this goes on less chance there is any of us will bother coming 'back' to DaoC (even though I _know_ it is a superior game to WoW and EQ2 in terms of depth, lasting appeal etc)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
if anyone really really wants to play it on the 24th they could take a trip to calais and get a french copy :)

Damn passport is out of date else I might be daft enough to try :)

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
How about you all stop creating shit and wait for the 25/26th as per Requiels statement. He has fully explained the situation yet you all have to moan worse than the yanks on VN boards.

SHUT IT, BE PATIENT, LISTEN TO REQUIEL. If it does not come about at the said date though it is NOT Requiels fault. He has been supplied the information by his Marketing team.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Javai said:
Damn passport is out of date else I might be daft enough to try :)

shame britain opted out of the Shingen thingie else ye'd not need it.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Dubaxter said:
How about you all stop creating shit and wait for the 25/26th as per Requiels statement. He has fully explained the situation yet you all have to moan worse than the yanks on VN boards.

SHUT IT, BE PATIENT, LISTEN TO REQUIEL. If it does not come about at the said date though it is NOT Requiels fault. He has been supplied the information by his Marketing team.

Erm...why wait til the 25th - it's the 22nd today play.com are based in Jersey thats 3 days shipping to the Uk so if it isn't shipped today its not going to be here on the 25th. No high-street shops are listing the expansion on the correct date and I don't believe anyone blamed Requiel for this - his keeping us up to date is much appreciated but it doesn't alter the fact that it is at this moment impossible to find a UK supplier to get the game this week. And as with ToA the official supplier cannot supply on the official date (Amazon had problems shipping to date for ToA).

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
it's the 22nd today play.com are based in Jersey thats 3 days shipping to the Uk .

Maybe if they use carrier pigeons aye

received my bot's toa the day after i got confirmation of the order

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
nakkiel said:
Maybe if they use carrier pigeons aye

received my bot's toa the day after i got confirmation of the order

You were lucky then I got a confirmation e-mail for some DvDs from play on Saturday and they aint here yet.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
You were lucky then I got a confirmation e-mail for some DvDs from play on Saturday and they aint here yet.

those beastiality dvd's usually take a day or 2 longer for them to get hold of i heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom