Anyone For A Game

M

Mr Golf

Anyone for a GAME???

Hello There,

One of the many GAME stores in this country fancies having a crack on a booked server one night, against any talented battlefield 1942 fan, preferably a Monday night.

We currently have 8 players every monday, so if anyone interested the first 8 people to email me will hopefully get a date/time and password for the server.

Many Thanks

stetrotter76@hotmail.com

p.s. We arent bad, but go easy!!!

R

reubs

Why don't you turn up to the BF Fragathon on a Tuesday evening and catch up with a few players there?

M

Mr Golf

Will try and get some of the troops to one of those, Thanks.

C

Cdr

Okay,

*note* If you are not part of the [56] Clan, then I apologise for what I'm about to say - if you are, then, read on.

First off, I suggest you pick the people you play with more carefully. After joining what I thought might be a good game (and after passing on the info to a few clan mates so you weren't left without a game), I found a couple of your [56] people extremely offensive, and I was given abuse almost all the way through.

I find it extremely annoying when a games been advertised, and you get nothing but abuse.

I also don't think this is the 'proper' behaviour for a clan.

Like I said before, if you have nothing to do with the [56] Clan, then ignore what I've just said - if you are a member, maybe even their clan leader - then please instruct your team members to conduct themselves with a little more maturity.

S

SteveMonk

Come on...!

Cdr you can not be serious, first of all your calling 'us' immature... you should read what your personal signature says at the bottom of your post and then think about who the mature ones are and secondly you dont know any of us so how can you seriously take offence by anything we say. If you cant handle the heat then stay out of the kitchen!

You should stop moaning about people and start practicing on Battlefield because you certainly need it.

O' and its not [56] nubbins its [59] you could have at leased got that right.

F

Flamin_Squirrel

Re: Come on...!

Originally posted by SteveMonk

Sums it up really doesnt it.

Knowing u has nothing to do with the way u speak to ppl. Unwarrented abuse is inexcusable.

If we want to exchange plesantries with a bunch of ignorant prepubesant reprobates, we'll go to a 'leet cs server'. Grow up and show some goddamn manners child.

C

Cdr

Be it [59] or [56] its unimportant.

The fact is, I kept killing you in my plane, and because you didnt have the gumption to jump in an AA gun or another plane, you decide to start calling me names.

So, just because I dont know you, I shouldnt take offence - great logic! I dont know the man who lives 20 doors away from me, but if he started being abusive, I certainly wouldnt let it go.

Just another example of pre-pubescent teenagers, who hide behind their internet connection and think they are allowed to talk how they like to whoever they like

And as for my sig, its a quote - so sue me.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Sue me instead!

(I'd still like to see them going at it like a pair of moneys though)

C

Cdr

SEEEEEE!

It's your fault Scoob.

I've been labeled immature, because of you.

I will sue you. Expect to hear from my solicitor in the morning!

Yrs

Rob Fleet LLB (Hons)

7th

w00t!

erm yea, i noticed a few comments in that game and er, can't say they made a favourable lasting impression...

you should read what your personal signature says at the bottom of your post and then think about who the mature ones are and secondly you dont know any of us so how can you seriously take offence by anything we say.

erm, how can a signature bear any relevance to how a person conducts themself "in game" ? I've know Cdr for quite a while and as far as im concerned, he's one of the more mature people i've gamed with...

So, just because I dont know you, I shouldnt take offence - great logic! I dont know the man who lives 20 doors away from me, but if he started being abusive, I certainly wouldnt let it go.

I was about to make the same point but then quickly re-read the thread.... woo go me for paying attention. damn you Cdr.

7th

A

Anasyn

Originally posted by 7th
erm, how can a signature bear any relevance to how a person conducts themself "in game" ? I've know Cdr for quite a while and as far as im concerned, he's one of the more mature people i've gamed with...

I'd have to agree. Not once have I seen Cdr resort to insulting others on a server, he gets on with the job, and does so very efficiently.

And SteveMonk, after the match, those in DR talked about the match and the most common topic was the disgusting behaviour of certain members of the 59 team during that match, I myself managed to see some of the accusations aimed at Cdr and suffice to say, I was not impressed.
He was basically, as he said, kicking your ass. He IS very good in a plane, and doesn't need to cheat, he's practiced in it. But just because several of you didn't think to try shooting him down (it IS possible, even I've done it), some started insulting him instead.
If it hadn't been for that the general consencus was that it was an enjoyable game, totally ruined though and we'd have to seriously consider playing you again at any time in future unless things improve. The abuse was like playing on a public CS server, when I thought this community would be above all of that.

I would like to stress that this wasn't everyone, credit to those who DID try to get on with the game, they're the type of players that this community needs to be taken seriously. Those who don't resort to insulting others when they're losing, who just try, even if it's against the odds, to keep going and do something. Infact I remember a couple of occasions when just those players made breakthroughs, and if those who were abusing Cdr had stopped and actually played instead of whinged and bitched, then who knows what the final outcome would have been?

G

Gumbo

It was quite funny that a couple of the [53]:p guys got all upset when Cdr started bombing them to bits.

I think most of the regulars on here know that when he gets in a plane, the opposition are in a lot of trouble. Anyway, the answer is to hop onto an AA gun and shoot him down.

When I was on the opposing side that night that is precisely what I did. The next round I swapped to even the teams up and one or two on the predominantly [55] side seemed reluctant to jump on an AA piece to remove the threat, and instead spent their time accusing Cdr of cheating.

Air domination is particularly important in a lot of BF games, but the AA is powerful enough to make an impact, and is far more effective than moaning in the in game chat.

I don't want to tar all of [51] with the same brush though, as some of them seemed to get their heads down and fight the good fight, but it is a shame that a couple of them seemed to want to invent new cheats to accuse Cdr of using, and has been said earlier, generally behave like CS kiddies, (even if they aren't actually that young).

I really hate it when people can't lose graciously, and screaming to have someone kicked just cos they are better than you, is as low as it gets.

I would certainly like to give [58] a game again in the future, but it might be worth having the one or two members in that side who can't cope with getting beaten by the better player consigned to a training server, where they can just shoot at bots and people who only bought the game that morning.

Cheers for the game generally speaking though, shame one or two idiots can drag it down.

7th

Cheers for the game generally speaking though, shame one or two idiots can drag it down.

Ditto that, i didn't want my post to sound like i was labelling the whole clan... the game was quite enjoyable and a fair few people where playing with a decent attitude, overall it was quite cool asides from the general insults

oh one thing to Codename47, never leave tanks :p never. ever. because they get stolen. by me. :D

7th

F

Flamin_Squirrel

Really, whats the point in posting such an inane message?

E

Embattle

Re: Come on...!

Originally posted by SteveMonk
Cdr you can not be serious, first of all your calling 'us' immature... you should read what your personal signature says at the bottom of your post and then think about who the mature ones are and secondly you dont know any of us so how can you seriously take offence by anything we say. If you cant handle the heat then stay out of the kitchen!

You should stop moaning about people and start practicing on Battlefield because you certainly need it.

/Steps In

Fuck off batty bum basher

A

adams901

Take it to Private messages please.

Thanks

M

Mr Golf

Anyone For A Game 2

Hello All,

I am disgusted to hear about all these negative comments about both teams and we should settle this where we should of all along.......... on the battlefield!!!!

Id like to say sorry if anyone was offended by any comments that where made, ive only just got back from my hols to hear of this crap thats being said

Secondly, CDR, you turned up late, yes late, I said 9pm, so respect went out the window didnt it!!!

And last of all the guy called FLAMIN SQUIRREL I think, u where class, i thought u ruled, shame u werent on my team.

MANY THANKS
STE

A

Anasyn

I thought this'd been settled long ago? Just let it lie. What needed saying on our behalf has been said.

Users who are viewing this thread