Anyone experienced with Thanes?

Phalanx

Loyal Freddie
I'm mainly wondering whereabouts the WS and damage output will land and the difference between 39 and 50 weapon, since I'm guessing most damage will come from melee.

Some specs I've been thinking about are:

50 storm 39 weapon 42 shield
39 storm 50 weapon 42 shield
42 shield with various combinations of 44-48 storm and 42-46 weapon
50 storm 50 weapon 23 shield (6s back stun)

Would it be worth giving up Slam for the dmg increases in the 50-50-spec? Anyone who got some own experience in what would either make or break a Thane?

Thanks

-

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I think I'd be tempted to go 45/45/42
Don't even consider going less than 42 shield imo.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there, i hope i can help you :)

First off, 50 sc over 48 sc is a red str/con over a yellow, this could seem worthwhile, if it wasn't for the very thing called buffenhancement.
I equip Stardrop (a jewel with 20% buff enhancement), then buff up, then change to my ordinary jewel (the buffenhancement is only needed at the time you buff).
This cap the str/con, so speccing 50sc aint good, in fact it's very bad ;]
Now some use artifact-jewels, so using stardrop might seem a hassle, well then there is different drops with buffenhancement, leggings(etc etc) that you could use instead.

The dmg diff is very small btw 39 and 50.

With all the archers out in the rvr zones you need high shield spec, and if go high shield spec, i'd advice for 42, since you got slam at that point, higher spec than that would in my opinion be a waste of points, since it would pretty much do nothing for you, unless you go 50 shield, but that will eat up alot of spec-points as well.

So 42 shield, 48sc(for best damage, with dd, and thats really needed, since thanes no pure casters and dont get any way to enhance their piety(spelldmg) and so you won't be resisted as much(as you would be, with the lower dd).

Shield is a great defence but vs dualwielders the blockrate is about 50% of your normal rate, wich make you not that a hard target for some stealthers and some other classes, parry rate ain't reduced vs a dualwielder, so i'd suggest going 48sc,42shield,39weapon and parry15, over 48sc,42shield,42weapon(not even a new style, and as close as no dmg bost) and parry0.
The 15 parry +11 (or higher depending on your rr) combined with masterofparry 2, will make a good impact on your 1vs1 fights, dualwielder or not, and the 42 instead of 39 weapon won't be noticed.

That said, i'll mention that the adviced spec is probably the thane spec thats seen as "best" and most used.

I have found a spec that suit me better though, and im very happy with it.
48sc, 42shield, 34sword and 24parry.
I like to duo and grp, but foremost i enjoy soloing and then my 24+17+moparry2 suite me better then to hit mby 40-80(with 2-hander that is, else mby 20-40 more with 1-hander) points harder each hit, compared to if i'd been sword 39-50.

Parry:24+17+moparry2
Shield:42+17+mob2
Dex fully buffed 333, thats a hell of a defence, trust me ;)

I'm not the best thane around, but then i think im pretty far from the worst(rr7 and 3d ranked thane on excalibur), so i hope my advice/info help you out.
GL

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
im 42 shield, 44 hammer, 46 SC, think is best template

sirius

Fledgling Freddie
oi

yeah yeah, i know, but it looks nice with a cleaver full of alb blood

my spec:

axe: 44 - shield: 42 - stormcalling: 46 - parry: 3.

hit's damm hard

Phalanx

Loyal Freddie
I'll go with 48 storm 42 shield 39 weap 15 parry, seems a good all round spec.

Thanks loads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom