Anyone ever hitchhiked ?

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Just wondering ?

Father in laws car broke down a few weeks back when he was working in Bristol and had to get back to Manchester for a party. Got a lift of some random bloke. Asked him where he was going and he replied "I will take you as far as I can"

Ignored him completely till he got to Hilton Park Services. Father in law said "I think I will get out here" so the driver said "It's propbably for the best"

Anyone done it before or would you if you were desperate ?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
um, 15~20 years ago I'd have said go for it. now I'd say no friggin way am I getting in that truck with the shifty-eyed twichy driver avec strange smells :eek:

Chilly

Balls of steel
It used to be the norm 20 years ago, step father used to hitch up to oban from cambridge regularly every summer, and back. These days people are much more wary and with good reason, sadly :(

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
I've hitchhiked a couple of times when camping up north and in Arran - I got stranded in a village with no public transport on a Sunday, some old geezer gave me'n'the'bird a lift to the nearest town with a bus.

When I was in Arran some cool dood saw us lugging camping gear and offered us a lift, he happened to be the barman at a hotel and ended up serving us drink till 5am. On a different trip 3 years later the same guy spots us again and offers a lift.

I also got a lift from a redneck farmer who just wanted to tell us how many animals he'd creamed with his jeep (pointing out a deer in a ditch along the way ... "Insurance better cover any damage!").

:eek7:

Ardas Nails

OT Photoshop King
Dad used to all over Europe. Went to spain and back over 2 months and spent absolutly bugger all on transport :p

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
30 years or so ago my sister and a girlfriend, in their early 20's, hitchiked to India and back. I was only about 7 at the time, and thought it was a great adventure. My mum on the other hand was terrified for the whole 9 months it took.

At that time though my sisters, and their friends, rarely travelled any other way. It was normal.

The best hitching they ever saw was driving along one day and seeing a sign by the side of the road:

Sam would like to meet you

Round another corner another sign:

You'd like to meet Sam

Another Corner and another sign:

Sam's going to Bristol

Round the last corner is a guy standing holding the last sign:

Hi, I'm Sam.

Apparently it worked pretty well for him

RB

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
These days the next sign would read,

"sam got bummed and is buried here >>"

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i did 10 yrs back from preston to wakefield, some nut job 70/80yrs old f00 picked us up in a really natty rusted transit was the old t reg or somat. anyways he was cracking jokes like nowt we thought he was preety funneh till we are zooming down the motorway and he says to my mate grab the "wheel would you" after abit of arguing he told us he is letting go and up to us if we held it or not. so my mate did and the next thing does he pulls a brick from below his seat and places it gas pedal and starts drinking his tea from a flask. 15 minutes i prayed for my life while the bastard drank his tea and the van kept a steady 60mph. to cap it off i left my game boy in the van at the next stop:mad:

ive not hitched since then

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I'm still waiting for you to add

*may be lies

to the bottom of your post :eek2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom