Anyone else worried about play.com preorder?

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
They are supposedly releasing the keys on the 15th. Early access on the 17th

This only gives 2 days to download the client (closed beta client is 13gb+ atm) with no guarantee of speed.

10+ gb in less than 48 hours, are you confident ?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
pretty sure youll be able to dl client without key to be hoped so anyway.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
I was under the impression you paid the £4.30 on funcom website for early start, then you got the download details?

lets hope not

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Where did you get the info that they will release keys on the 15th? If we get the keys on 15th, I am very confident about downloading it in time.

If they were clever, they d used the patcher as a P2P client. However I doubt they will implement drastic changes like that without testing, so all we can do is pray that the 5 EURs we pay will actually be used to buy extra bandwidth.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Alot of people have phoned up and been given the 15th as the date. However some have said between the 10th and 15th as the pre order offer has now been removed from their website.

However the game.co.uk keys have already been released, and some people have cancelled their play order and got their advance key through ordering on the funcom website.

48 hours is less than reasonable for downloading 10+ gigs imo, especially as most people wont be able to start until thursday night due to work.

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Alot of people have phoned up and been given the 15th as the date. However some have said between the 10th and 15th as the pre order offer has now been removed from their website.

However the game.co.uk keys have already been released, and some people have cancelled their play order and got their advance key through ordering on the funcom website.

48 hours is less than reasonable for downloading 10+ gigs imo, especially as most people wont be able to start until thursday night due to work.

They have very fast connection speeds though. I dled Cbeta in like 9 hours 800 kb/s constantly. ;)

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
it took me at least 2 days to get the closed beta client

150-400 kb/s

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit on the fence about this pre-play thing.

It would require to make a paypal account, and i just don't know if it's worth the hazzle.

Especially since you have to reinstall after the launch.

Not to mention the 5e that it costs, costs more then 10 days on a GTC.

If they had support for direct debit or moneybookers, then maybe.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How come ?

If i read it correctly, you need the bought DVDs to get into the game even if the D/L version works for the pre-play thing.

Might have misunderstod it as "you still need the cd keys", but it was weirdly worded then.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
pre play = client

client = same as a release

afaik

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
There is also a stage on the funcom website which takes a fair bit of time.

they need to activate your headstart before you can download, so thats another potential 24 hours people will have to wait.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Nevermind, you can download the client already even without a key if you look in the right places

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
the pre play only available through pay pal then or CC also pretty strange system if its only pay pal

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
It's not only PayPal, you can pay with normal credit/debit cards like VISA and Mastercard.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's not only PayPal, you can pay with normal credit/debit cards like VISA and Mastercard.

Also i asked directly about the payment options, waiting for a reply.

Have to gain knowledge about the pre-play too.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Attached is a screendump of the payment screen, you might have to wait after paying though. Since they have hundreds of thousands of orders, yours is put in a queue, I "payed" the 3. May but it got rejected, probably because I filled in the wrong address that the VISA belonged to, from my old address.

Attachments

• payment_screen.jpg
    payment_screen.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 16

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Im glad i chose FC onlinestore. Got the early access key with the confirmation mail the second i pressed "Pay by Visa", and they sent me yesterday a mail advising me that i could start DL'ing the game client from a link at my registered account page.

This is something i noticed also from OB and ClosedB forums, so so few ppl used official onlistore, i was worried at the beggining due to no ppl using it but meh.... :eek6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom