Anyone else use Overnet?

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Specifically, does anyone else use Overnet AND Norton Antivirus. Looks like a virus definition from the past day or so flags overnet.exe as being infected with backdoor.blarul virus. My NAV popped up a warning then deleted the overnet.exe just after I got in from work tonight. I started a full scan and started looking for info on the net when Norton announced that annother application was infected: The music software Reason. I nearly shat my pants as I imagined some horrible virus munching it's way through my apps. Turns out it's a problem with the definitions update flagging these two apps wrongly.

... unless of course it's a horrible conspiracy to fool people into adding Overnet to their exclusions list.... then the next time a new version of Overnet appears...... Muhhhhaaahhhaaa.

Back to eMule for me.

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
NAV deleted my Reason.EXE file this afternoon claiming it was infected with the same virus,a little overzealous detection routine on NAV methinks, gotta reinstall reason now doh.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
mookie said:
NAV deleted my Reason.EXE file this afternoon claiming it was infected with the same virus,a little overzealous detection routine on NAV methinks, gotta reinstall reason now doh.

Remember you'll have to add 'reason.exe' to your exclusions list before you reinstall... or it'll just be deleted again. BTW, you could probably just restore the deleted file from Norton.

I'd imagine the virus definitions will be sorted pretty quickly. There must be a hell of a lot of people using eDonkey2000 or Overnet (and Reason) in conjunction with Norton Antivirus (some of them may even have obtained Norton through p2p apps)

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom