Anyone else got it yet ?

T

throdgrain

Had to go to the bank this morning, so I popped into the jolly old game shop and bought a copy of Road To Rome. I see that we have servers up, perhaps we could get a game together?
Whilst Im here, does anyone know why the EAUK (cough) servers for BF1942 are still version 1.2, when the BW and BY ones are all 1.3 ?

C

.Cask

Got it in the post this morning. Can't find any servers with other people on running R2R though. Bit annoying as I wanna try it out :/

T

throdgrain

The EAUK servers had people on when I looked m8.
I'm at work atm, so I got to wait till tonight :)

F

Fex

Had BF1942 come through my door this morning and im just about to go out and buy R2R. From what i've played so far which has been a mix of multiplayer and single player BF1942 seems great :D

L

leggy

Amazon are cocks.... it's not here yet...

T

throdgrain

Aw mate :(
I felt a right twat going in Game at 9.01 am to buy this game tbh....
I ought to behave more grown up you know, but I just can't help meself :)

L

Lester

Is it expensive and am I gonna have to buy it to carry on playing (not that I do much)?

T

throdgrain

£19.99 I paid m8 . I expect (knowing EA as I do a bit now) that it will be a different exec, meaning that you could still play BF 1.3 without the expansion, though obviously not the expansion maps.
Dont quote me though, I havent installed it yet !

S

Scooba Da Bass

I'm stuck here at work, you bastards!

Anyway, the EA servers are still on 1.2 as most people haven't upgraded due to the 'wallhack' that 1.3 allows. None of the major leagues/ladders are recognising 1.3 as a needed upgrade. I doubt it's a problem here as I can't see anyone caring enough about coming top on our servers that they'd use it.

U

Ukle

I got it...

Ordered from Play and came with the Posty this morning. Been playing for about 4 hours solid, and well hmm not impressed. The maps are nice enough but only Salerno is amazing. The problem with a lot of the maps is one simple addition - Fighter Bombers/light bombers. Put these in the hands of someone who knows what they doing and the enemy just doesn't stand a chance - they are faster than normal fighters, reload faster than the b-17 but drop there bombs faster so more go where you want them to go, and they are very agile. To sum it up they are deadly, the only way to stop them from the ground is a few AA batteries at once, as one at a time wont kill them and they can easily dodge the AA fire then swing round and certain death for the AA. Also on most of the maps the sides dont just have 1 FB they get 2 of the things!

Also I dont like the tanks they have added mostly due to they luck ugly as fuck and they feel like they have no power in there guns.

Its a nice patch, and none of the maps are bad but this should never have been a expansion as there is nowhere near enough content.

T

throdgrain

There was meant to be a patch for the patch wasnt there ? A few days ago I thought ...

S

Scooba Da Bass

As soon as the problem was noted EA unofficially made a statement that Dice were aware of the problem and that a patch fix would be available in a few hours to a day. That has now changed to Dice are aware of the problem and are working on it.

It's really depressing that EA/Dice seem to care so little about the people who play the game, as currently the community is split. On ASE last night I had 5000ish people playing on 1.2 servers, and about the same on 1.3 servers. Now you need to weigh up (on publics at least) the benefits of 1.3 vs playing with people who may well be using the exploit. At least 1.2 can be installed over the top of 1.3 without problems.

C

.Cask

I agree with Ukle.

Most of the maps are kind of brainless lemming fests. Anzio is prolly the only one I like so far. Salerno seriously needs some AA guns in the main bases. If you get pushed back that far then you're focked as vehicles get bombed the minute they spawn.

Husky is a bit of a lemming fest. Only one way to attack and defend really so you're just running into the enemy guns hoping eventually you'll manage to get close to the flag.

I quite like the light tanks actually. The main gun is pretty hopeless but the anti-infantry gun is quite useful. If only those second tank positions would turn only on their own axis. So when the driver spins the tank you aren't throwing the mouse around trying to correct your aim. That APC with the turret on is fairly useless too but a nice addition.

Fighter bombers... bleh don't even get me started. At least the new maps have lots of jeeps and hills for me to do stunts on.

Come on EA, give us some decent map tools so we can make some real maps.

T

throdgrain

Im going to stick with 1.3 I think. Particularly in light of RtR I just bought.
I know to have a built in wall hack is a bloody aweful thing, but on the avarage public server how much drama is it really going to cause ?
It's not like Counter-Strike where the whole point is knowing where the other bloke is before he sees you, or that when you die you have to wait 4 minutes or so before respawning.
Anyway, you wont need a hack to tell whereabouts i am on the other side of that wall. Cos Ill be in a TANK !

E

Embattle

Well I'm now home and got it but I need to build my new system up so it'll have to wait :)

C

.Cask

Is it just me being crap, or are those new bombers incredibly hard to shoot down with fighters. I was being surprisingly accurate for me shooting at this one, I'd say about a 70% accuracy given the amount of debris pouring out of him.

Yet I completely ran out of machine gun ammo and he wasn't even smoking. Don't even bother trying to shoot em down now. In fact I guess he noticed I wasn't doing any damage and seemed to stop trying to lose me.

Madness.

T

throdgrain

I played it for a couple of hours tonight and didnt have any problems with aircraft. In fact I didnt really notice them. Maybe the pilots wern't any good.
The main problem I had was trying to get me head round the idea that I was a fighting Italian tbh !
The tanks as someone said, are bloody ugly are they not, however I like the idea of a covered heavy machine gunner incorporated into the tank, I think that could lead to a bit of team work as the game goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread