anyone else finding a possible dex/str sword a little scary?

P

Pandemic

another interesting discussion thread by our middie rvr TL is that sword be changed from str to str/dex

great for our kolbold warrior brothers and sisters (except for those that have to respec to sword) but it nerfs me into the ground

why the hell are they even thinking about such radical changes when they have more important things to fix such as my broken ra's is beyond me

O

old.Lythande

To help out SBs would be my guess.

R

-RG-Jaond

Sounds realy good to me =)

Maybe have something to do with my class ;)

H

Haldar

i am up for this change.

i am sword specced tho...was axe a while ago. but if i was axeman still, i would respec in a blink of eye...throwing away 15p for new SC is nothing compared to increased survivability in RvR.

but they can do it better way....just make all weapons SB use str/dex based, no matter sword it is or axe...and leave other classes as is.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Hroft[BC]
but they can do it better way....just make all weapons SB use str/dex based, no matter sword it is or axe...and leave other classes as is.

and then albion and hibernia will cry nerf, as their assassins dont have this advantage ;). Besides that it might not be smart to make sword dex/str based, as then axe is lousy. They are both slash and with sword sb's get higher weaponskill. So whats the use of axe then?

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Pandemic
another interesting discussion thread by our middie rvr TL is that sword be changed from str to str/dex

great for our kolbold warrior brothers and sisters (except for those that have to respec to sword) but it nerfs me into the ground

it would be 50% each stat, since u have higher str u would balance out. look at diff savage race WS specced in h2h.

some h2h WS race testing

P

Pandemic

u miss my point mate it would mean i do the same damage as a kolbold warrior (currently i do quite a bit more) but the kolbold warrior would block more often as that isnt getting changed

and it would decrease my damage 390 str or an average of (390 str and 292 dex /2) = 341 which is a significant difference unless u dont calculate like that

so given the choice who would want a troll sword warrior when compared to a kolbold one in their rvr grp?

not a very amused troll (all hugs on a temporary ban) and my gf has had a bad day at work so we going out and getting shit faced

C

Carlos Bananos

well thats true,

but its not as if your specifically tied to the sword line, especially since Axe + hammer are a little more attractive.

Z

zoia

I don't think troll skalds with 50 sword would like this.

E

eös

u miss my point mate it would mean i do the same damage as a kolbold warrior (currently i do quite a bit more) but the kolbold warrior would block more often as that isnt getting changed

and it would decrease my damage 390 str or an average of (390 str and 292 dex /2) = 341 which is a significant difference unless u dont calculate like that

so given the choice who would want a troll sword warrior when compared to a kolbold one in their rvr grp?

not a very amused troll (all hugs on a temporary ban) and my gf has had a bad day at work so we going out and getting shit faced
given the choice i would already take kobold warrior over troll since in rvr group warrior is guard bot, lets face it you want damage you take a savage, also aint gonna benefit kobies cos i have 334str and 337dex buffed so aint gonna make much difference to my weaponskill

X

xajorkith

This would be a huge advantage for a Hunter!

Hunters can spec sword but str is their tertiary stat, dex being their primary. Assassins use str debuff which decreases the weapon dmg output of the sword greater than spear. For these reason's you don't see many Hunter's spec sword.

Making this change will mean that Hunters at last have a valid reason to spec sword rather than spear! Spear also suffers from awful negative defensive bonus's which means many Hunters do want to change to sword.

K

Kindar

Ehm...i thought the hunter spears was str/dex...at least thats what i've been told.
I dunno about the sword change thou....it will make more melee classes tend to spec on axe or hammer, since most go sword. I dunno why....assult or Polar rift cause they are anytime styles?
Quit the 1 button spam...at least try and use the styles you are given.
They don't suck you know...

Im afraid the the change would ruin many sword specced....kinda like 3/4 of mid is sword :-/

Z

zmurf

Respec weapon? not the end of the world, it's far far from a 'nerf' as u can respec to another weap and loose no dmg, sure ull have to place my than just 2 weap-styles in QB, but is that REALLY that horrible ?

P

Pandemic

considering if i dont respec to another weapon i wont get into any rvr grp after 2 years of using the same weapon with no complaints of nerf me from hibs or albs
yeah i reckon thats pretty fucked up

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by eös
given the choice i would already take kobold warrior over troll since in rvr group warrior is guard bot, lets face it you want damage you take a savage, also aint gonna benefit kobies cos i have 334str and 337dex buffed so aint gonna make much difference to my weaponskill

thank fuck i aint in ur guild then

H

hidon_steve

tbh i hope they dont do this shit.. will mess up alot of our tanks... plus who wants a axe? they look so ghay

U

uglymug

in theory i like the idea

but looking at the chars i play, only my hunter could benefit from this

they'd need to really do a good job on the stylechanges their planning other wise i'd never respec my hunter to sword. parry and block based styles for a hunter?

other than that ... i'd happily trade in me spear for a sword :)

(oh .. and give hunter unspecced shield so they'd have a reason to use 1h sword :))

C

Carlos Bananos

considering if i dont respec to another weapon i wont get into any rvr grp after 2 years of using the same weapon with no complaints of nerf me from hibs or albs
yeah i reckon thats pretty fucked up

why? it wouldn't make ANY difference to your troll.

the WS would be based off 2 stats rather than 1 (str debuffs woudn't hurt u as much = good) would still be pretty much the same....

Kobalds already block/parry more than trolls, nothing new there...

it would be a small boost for Kobald tanks, no real change for higher str races etc.

and as said b4, sword isn't the only weaponspec i midgard.

E

eös

thank fuck i aint in ur guild then
eh you run around with 2h taking ss of you're damage? well dunno, i assist MA and slam unless we're outnumbered, support is under attack, or enemy SoS and tbh thats pretty much all the time, so yeah i run around switching guard and PFing tanks chasing support, thats how we survive...maybe you don't need to do that when you run 2fg i dunno :p

so on that basis i prefer kobie over troll but hey thats just me, ow and the extra 5% energy resist is nice vs. pbae groups

O

old.Emma

Its quiet possible for them to make weapons use str/dex for SB`s/Hunters and Str only for other class's.

failing that, add some thrust based swords to mids items which are useable by all class's and then use str/dex giving those class's that wish to use str/dex based weapons the option but they will be thrust damage not slash.

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by eös
eh you run around with 2h taking ss of you're damage? well dunno, i assist MA and slam unless we're outnumbered, support is under attack, or enemy SoS and tbh thats pretty much all the time, so yeah i run around switching guard and PFing tanks chasing support, thats how we survive...maybe you don't need to do that when you run 2fg i dunno :p

so on that basis i prefer kobie over troll but hey thats just me, ow and the extra 5% energy resist is nice vs. pbae groups

no i meant thank fuck i aint in ur guild as if i was i'd never get a guild grp being a troll warrior from what u said

i do the same as u in rvr so dont be a muppet and presume i dont thats just being a twat and no idea what this 2fg businiess is ur referring to

E

eös

no i meant thank fuck i aint in ur guild as if i was i'd never get a guild grp being a troll warrior
lol i said i preffered kobies, i didn't say NP didn't allow troll warriors in group, Splashor for example... :)

P

Pandemic

k great so whats up with the 2 fg comment ? we have barely enough peeps to run a fg at anytime atm

E

eös

k great so whats up with the 2 fg comment ? we have barely enough peeps to run a fg at anytime atm
humour? /shrug

P

Pandemic

not a very amused troll (all hugs on a temporary ban) and my gf has had a bad day at work so we going out and getting shit faced [/B][/QUOTE]

humour also ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom