Anyone actually played SI yet with all the new graphics?

P

purgatory

You think they'd be here if they'd got it up and running?

A

Alrindel

First impressions from last night: character animations are a bit more fluid now, which is nice. I like very much the ambient music system but I suspect that eventually I'll get tired of it and switch it off. Higher resolution trees look very nice, water effects look smashing but I suspect that I'll switch those off as well because when going by a river at bard or horse speed it's very flickery and distracting. Sunsets and atmospheric effects look great. Popped over to HyBrasil: the new zones look very interesting graphically and I'm looking forward to exploring when the rest of my guild gets caught up. Rolled a Sylvan Forester and took her straight to Mag Mell to enjoy lots of "wow what is that" attention from people who hadn't seen one before. Dinged 5 and tried to figure out the animist pet system. Seems very complicated. Head hurt. Took animist to Druim Ligen and duelled some level 50s to demonstrate different sorts of turrets and AE animist spells. Went to bed at 04h30 quite happy.

A

Aileanara

Didnt play for long last night (about 15 mins)
I got through on my last attempt before going to bed

most of the time I was just reconfiguring my quickbars and getting use to the new interface colours and style (plus my mouse view needs reseting)

But as far as the graphics go
:clap:
excelent

sound is impresive also

cant say much about characters because I only ran about a bit and tried some of the new Emotes

Cant wait to get home from work and spend abit longer tonight (other half permiting offcourse)

T

the_smurflord

We are here if we had to go to work.
New graphics = loverly
New class = didn;t get chance to get past lvl 3 before I had to go to work.

And to my surprise it runs fine on my 550MHz P3 :)

C

CliffyG

I played around with the graphics settings quite a bit and found it didn't make much difference. It did seem a bit jerky at first even with settings right down but smoothed out over the course of the night for some reason. I now have everything maxed in game and water set to medium quality and occasional update. Looks very nice and the water looks spot on, didnt notice a performance decrease with it on full but am thinking when im in a well populated area with loads of shadows on aswell it might slow down. I'm have a XP2000 processor, 512mb 2100 DDR and a GF4 Ti 4200. As to the game, only seen the starting town for Innocu, have started a reaver got it to lvl 4. One thing i think is a bit shite about them is that you can't train flexible till lvl 5, so i'm levelling with no styles at the mo :(.

Users who are viewing this thread