Anyone able to help as it seems GOA won't

Axuk

Fledgling Freddie
Customer ()
05/31/2004 02:36 PM
Kelsanor the quest mob from Voices of the Dead quest in Wearyall Village is bugged.
He cannot be targeted. It is giving the message: Target is too far away, even when you are standing on top of him.
This is on Prydwen server Albion Sunday, May 31.

Customer ()
06/03/2004 10:16 AM
Hi
I have returned to Kelsanor and am still unable to target him.
He cannot be targeted with range spells and he cannot be targeted in melee either.
He has been like this since Friday 29 May which is when I first tried to do this quest.
I am trying to complete this quest on a sorcerer with a pet.
Many thanks for your help.

Response (CM)
06/04/2004 11:29 AM
Hello,
We have made some tests with Kelsanor and there is no problem with this monster.
Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager
Customer ()

06/04/2004 12:27 PM
He remains untargetable using a sorcerer and pet either in melee or with ranged spells.
I have repeatedly cleared the area. Gone up to him on his platform. Stood next to him. He is not targetable. I cannot attack him. My pet can't attack him.
I can't complete this quest.
Perhaps you could explain why if he is working properly?
Many thanks

Response (CM)
06/04/2004 04:12 PM
Hello,
You have to bring a friend (maybe a tank) with you and you will see that everything is working as intended.

Yours sincerely,

Customer ()
06/06/2004 12:47 PM
This quest has been soloed with many classes including a necro. It has even been soloed by a class using GTAE spells.
There is no difference between a necro sending in a pet to melee Kelsanor or a sorcerer sending in a pet to melee Kelsanor.
As a sorcerer I should be able to target this mob and hit it with my staff if I wish to do so.
It is an aggressive mob but at the moment it will not attack me even when I am standing right on top of it.
I do not think this is working as intended. It is intended as a quest for ALL classes and is soloable. I should not have to bring a friend and have never had to when I have done this quest with my other chars.
I think you need to take another look at this.
Many thanks

Customer ()
06/07/2004 11:43 AM
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?realm=Albion&cquest=575
If you go to this link you will find right at the bottom a number of posts from players who have completed this quest.. including a team of casters who used pets and a necro that soloed it.
Many thanks for your help

Response (CM)
06/07/2004 02:05 PM
Hello,
We have made two different tests with this quest and there were no problems to target Kelsanor.
We are sorry but nobody else but you have a bug with this quest so it must come from your side.
Yours sincerely,

Hi
I am not trying to be difficult here but the situation is this.... I am a customer and yes I know I have a problem, that is precisely why I am asking you at CUSTOMER SUPPORT for help in removing this problem.

Telling me I am the only person with this problem is not solving the problem is it?

If I was able to correct the problem myself I would have done so already. I am unable to and therefore I am requesting that you as customer support help resolve this problem.

Perhaps if this problem is beyond your capabilities you would like to ask Mythic direct how to solve it. I would ask them myself if it was possible for me to do so.

Many thanks

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you are the only one perhaps they can't do much about it other than just giving you the quest reward and tagging you as completed the quest. But did you try to target him with SI and with the ToA client? Otherwise just ask a lvl 50 paladin or other tank to help you 10 min, I'm sure they would like to help you and just complete the quest. Or PM me and I'll log either my sorc or my armsman on to help you out.

Axuk

Fledgling Freddie
Good idea.. I'll try it using the SI client instead of TOA. Thanks

harm

Fledgling Freddie
Answers may sound useless but they can't help you unless they somehow are able to duplicate the bug. I think you're better off asking for player assistance in this one.

Tricky situation :(

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Had the exact same bug with this mob on Excal. Didn't rightnow it though as I was only trying to help someone make the quest. Only thing I can think of is to try a pb attack?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Had the exact same bug with this mob on Excal. Didn't rightnow it though as I was only trying to help someone make the quest. Only thing I can think of is to try a pb attack?

Wish sorcerers had PBAOE :p

If the problem isn't solved with the SI client and no one in game wants to help you out just leave a message here or PM me and I'll help you...

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Wish sorcerers had PBAOE :p

If the problem isn't solved with the SI client and no one in game wants to help you out just leave a message here or PM me and I'll help you...

Am well aware Sorcs don't have pb aoe though you could at a pinch try to release a pet next to mob and use aoe debuff.....but I more thinking of taking a realm mate out there to unbug the mob for all :)

Axuk

Fledgling Freddie
Never mind it was just GOA being stupid after all.

06/07/2004 03:20 PM*

Hello,

This time we have made some tests with your character and it was absolutely possible to target Kelsanor and to cast a pell on him.
So it must come from your computer.

Could you send me a DXdiag.txt ?
To do it, click on [start], [run], and type DXdiag [ENTER].
Save all the infos in a text file and join it to your message.

------------------------------------
Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

*I ran the DXdialog which all came up as normal so I thought I would attempt the quest one more time before I sent you the text file.

However when I returned to Kelsanor this time, he was in the middle of the ruins where he should have been all along. He was targetable to me once he was in this position. The times before when I went to him he was standing at the stairs at the front of the ruins and that was where i was getting the unable to target message.

So he was in fact bugged. And by moving him back to the centre of the ruins you did in fact correct the bug/problem.

Many thanks

So lets see. They check this out and the see that the mob is in the wrong spot so they move him to where he should be. THEN they do the test and he is of course working as intended.

They move him to his proper spot and then tell me that he is working as intended and I have something wrong with my computer, well hellooo duh!

Wouldn't it have saved all of us a lot of time and effort and been far more cost effective for them to just admit a mob in he wrong place is a bug rather than spend a week telling a customer they are halucinating and need a new computer?

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Does this dissprove the myth that Goa don't reply to right now?

Axuk

Fledgling Freddie
It sure does.. although I can't help wishing they hadn't bothered in some ways as I have a large lump on my head from banging it on the desk for a week ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Axuk said:
It sure does.. although I can't help wishing they hadn't bothered in some ways as I have a large lump on my head from banging it on the desk for a week ;)

it's possible someone happened by and pbaoed him to death (or he got bored of standing in the corner and went back to the middle)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
grp with someone that can do it and get it overwith

Cyfr

Banned
Shike said:
grp with someone that can do it and get it overwith
Did you read the rest of the thread or just the first post? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom