Any1 else sick of these duels?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
purely coz there isnt /stick and shit?

i mean, in daoc dueling was 1 of my favourit things 2 do, sitting in aegir having fight after fight and trying different styles all the time having respect for the person who won - aslong as they didnt use run through/lag tactics (we all know about the runt hrough bug, but im glad 2 say i never used it, and neithar did the majority of the people i fought).

so does it sadden any1 else that people in wow are now running around in circles, jumping around u etc 2 hit u and u cnat hit them back? and i know 1 some1 is gunna say "just jump around aswell" or whatever - but for me that isnt a viable option, it isnt fun and doesnt show the strengths/weakness of ur character/playstyle, only shows ur a **** who can press the space button alot etc.

should they introduce /stick ? i mean atleast that way those fucks have no reason 2 jump about and u will land half ur hits etc?

i just honestly dont see how people can enjoy playing there char like that and think they are skilled or have a good char, even when dueling people 3-4 levels above me they do the exact same tactics, and my char isnt that brilliant so why the fuck do it? what do u gain from it?

i know this is whinning, but to me this is 1 of the major flaws with wow :(

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, damn Blizzard for making a game where you can't just /stick and spam your favourite style button like a no-skill lazy bastard!

When people run around you and try to avoid your hits, have you ever considered moving yourself, or do you suffer too much from the DAoC complex and carelessness that "olol I /stick n00b!" brought and just stand around like a rock while you're getting hit to a pulp? It's easy, just back off or try to get behind them like they're trying to get behind you, if they are morons who think it's enough to just run in circles, they'll be drawing the shorter straw, I promise you that. :)

Keep /stick away from WoW, please!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
No /stick and no /face makes WoW a hell of alot more fun.

Might take a bit of getting used to, but posting this just makes you look like a bad loser ;)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Groborthir said:
Yeah, damn Blizzard for making a game where you can't just /stick and spam your favourite style button like a no-skill lazy bastard!

When people run around you and try to avoid your hits, have you ever considered moving yourself, or do you suffer too much from the DAoC complex and carelessness that "olol I /stick n00b!" brought and just stand around like a rock while you're getting hit to a pulp? It's easy, just back off or try to get behind them like they're trying to get behind you, if they are morons who think it's enough to just run in circles, they'll be drawing the shorter straw, I promise you that. :)

Keep /stick away from WoW, please!

actually i do, i move backwards 2 try and keep them infront of me and i dont use the word noob, i spell lol as lol not olol and i NEVER use numbers for letters :)

but i find it pathetic 2 runt hroguh some1 so they cnat hit u and u take no dmg etc when ur 5 levels higher than that person and its only a fucking duel not pvp.

i agree in pvp its more fun with running around etc, but in duels it sucks.

also i wouldnt sya im a bad loser i always say good fight or nice dmg or u kicked my ass :) etc when its true, i dont find running around me in circles and jumping over me etc 2 b a good fight so i dont say it then :p

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
i agree in pvp its more fun with running around etc, but in duels it sucks.
If it's duels it means it's arranged, so why don't you just tell your opponent that you can't be arsed fighting if he's going to be all over the place like a mouse on steroids?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
i for one hope they never bring /stick in, the combination of that and /assist is what killed daoc for me.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Draylor said:
Hmmmmmmmmm

ment like n00b and 5h17 trying 2 b leet, i use "2" and stuff because its quicker also what he said was derogative assuming i think im "leet" which i dont, infact i know im not.

also when they challenge u 2 a duel and u decline and they keep asking 10-15 times then :p

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
It's even realistic! :touch:

Doubt people on medieval were standing perfectly still and hitting each other till one of them died ;)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:

Doubt people on medieval were standing perfectly still and hitting each other till one of them died ;)

Doubt they had to rely on a fast computer, a good mouse and lagfree connections tho.
Mmorpg's are supposed to give you the opportunity to play a character with abilities that you dont have, such as swordsmanship etc - there is no stat on the character sheet governing "strafejumping", or at least i havent found it yet.

That beeing said i think its perfectly ok to move around when dueling and fighting, just not to try to run/jump through people and such.

Tilda

Darksword said:
<snip> i NEVER use numbers for letters :)
but i find it pathetic 2 runt hroguh some1 so<snip>

ok :p
Live with it tbh, face and stick sucked anyway.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Downanael said:

i doubt there was gnomes, tauren, orcs nightelfs trolls etc and i doubt there was magic bolts and inst heals :) oh i also doubt they could run through each other :p

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
I enjoy the freedom of speech - but even suggesting /stick and the like introduced in WoW is... well, the WORST idea ever! Must have been a brain fart or something, but Im QUITE sure you didnt mean that.

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
that's not annoying. the annoying thing is some random just challenging you wherever you go without saying anything imo :p

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
lol you blame daoc for /stick and /face but why didn't stop to use those macros urself if you are so l33t ? Is it because you couldn't play without those macros as good as with em,right? And do you belive that others will suck without those macros as much as you do ? You are pathetic ...
It's possible to make /stick macro in wow by using script afaik.Try to look in google.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:

Doubt you had warriors in full plate-mail bunny-hopping all over the battle field giggling like a schoolgirl and yelling "n00B!" at their enemies.

Games arent realistic, the day i have to start as a shit-scraping dung-slinging serf in a medieval mmog is the day i quit and take up pilates ;)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Bonelamencer said:
lol you blame daoc for /stick and /face but why didn't stop to use those macros urself if you are so l33t ? Is it because you couldn't play without those macros as good as with em,right? And do you belive that others will suck without those macros as much as you do ? You are pathetic ...
It's possible to make /stick macro in wow by using script afaik.Try to look in google.

don't see the point of macros myself, i can do everything perfectly well with the basic interface and by pressing keys and using the mouse.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
no /stick please..

if people are playing with their arrowkeys or whatever thats their problem. suck it up, champ.

and lets try to keep the word "skill" out of this discussion.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
One thing to remember is that /face was actually required for DAoC's casters. If your character was running and you need to cast, then using /face on something stops you instantly. If you try to stand still by stopping auto-run or stop holding the forward key then it takes a short while (a few hundred milliseconds?) before you come to a complete halt.

But getting back on topic... Take a look at the melee classes in WoW, most of them have abilities to slow down or stop enemies from running away from a small amount of range. Would /stick really be needed for you to stay right next to your enemy?

Your idea of a good fight seems to be relying on the power of your class alone. You want all your WoW duels to be identical to DAoC ones, where you honourably do nothing to try and run away and cause any sort of problem for the person you're duelling! Even though RvR was all about trying to avoid the enemy if they are trying to kill you, you'd be criticised for doing the same thing in a duel.

Moving about and using the abilities of your class is more tactical than standing next to each other using /stick.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Sadly people became so spoon-fed with DAoC's no-brainer, no skill approach to most elements of PvP (/stick, /face *yawn*) that they are unable to deal with a game that requires some modicum of control and skill. I hear tiddlywinks is good if you're looking for something less demanding.... (and it has the extra benefit of being more interesting than DAoC! ;) )

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Sorry but as a cloth wearing caster with no strength /stick sounds incredibly bad for my health. If I have to run about to avoid crits from warriors with 3k armour or keep moving to stop the stealthed rogue from stunning me I will and combine it with fear for a laugh.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Im glad there isn't stick in combat, makes it all the more interesting

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Sinnica said:
that's not annoying. the annoying thing is some random just challenging you wherever you go without saying anything imo :p

Dont forget when they wanna duel you if you're 20 lvls lower, so they can feel better for themselves :)

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
the best thing i found as a warlock was to cast unending breath and then jump off lakeshire bridge and dive for the bottom.. of course this only worked against melee classes but was good fun to watch people follow me underwater .. especially when they couldn't last the full 10 minutes :p

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
Doubt people on medieval were standing perfectly still and hitting each other till one of them died
True enough... but while running around is fine, I seriously doubt that anyone in a duel in medieval times jumped around all over the place like a retarded kangaroo on a caffeine high! :eek7:

Possible solutions:

Reduced chance to hit when jumping around.

All characters should have an endurance bar, which would be drained by jumping around, and continued jumping when out of endurance will start reducing health and impose a movement penalty.

Give all races a special attack for dealing with people jumping all around them... for example, Taurens could reach out and grab their opponent by the neck and slam them into the ground.

Ogri

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
purely coz there isnt /stick and shit?

i mean, in daoc dueling was 1 of my favourit things 2 do, sitting in aegir having fight after fight and trying different styles all the time having respect for the person who won - aslong as they didnt use run through/lag tactics (we all know about the runt hrough bug, but im glad 2 say i never used it, and neithar did the majority of the people i fought).

so does it sadden any1 else that people in wow are now running around in circles, jumping around u etc 2 hit u and u cnat hit them back? and i know 1 some1 is gunna say "just jump around aswell" or whatever - but for me that isnt a viable option, it isnt fun and doesnt show the strengths/weakness of ur character/playstyle, only shows ur a **** who can press the space button alot etc.

should they introduce /stick ? i mean atleast that way those fucks have no reason 2 jump about and u will land half ur hits etc?

i just honestly dont see how people can enjoy playing there char like that and think they are skilled or have a good char, even when dueling people 3-4 levels above me they do the exact same tactics, and my char isnt that brilliant so why the fuck do it? what do u gain from it?

i know this is whinning, but to me this is 1 of the major flaws with wow :(

tbh, there are 2 kinds of duelers....those who dont really care if you just got a new skillzor, and want to test it on someone....(these peeps are out 4tehw1n) and those who wajn about the former.
If you make it perfectly clear before you start the duel that you want a test duel, or to test a new style etc, then peeps usually will grant you that without any hassle whatsoever, but if you just spam a duel challenge without a word, then prepare to be assreamed.
Lets just say..you strafe to avoid your opponent's opportunity to get a style in (in tank type duels) and strafe to get your own style of attack in (side, back etc),.Thus increasing your chances of winning. OOh and jumping makes fuck all difference, other than to confuse the fuck out of your opponent
SOoo, lets face it, if you are the same Darksword who spammed me with a duel in Darkshire (warsong) a couple of weeks ago, then wajned about your laggy connection etc when I whipped your ass, then when I gave you the opportunity just to win in a 2nd round, and didnt even say thanks....well, tbh kiddo, I feel you aint got half a leg to stand on.
Dueling in Camelot was fun, but was 2x as bad for /stick etc...perhaps you just dont have the edge for freestyle dueling :)

Spadge

Wyleia

Fledgling Freddie
Ya, im gonna stand there in cloth and let you beat on me.. err No thanks :)
Part of the game is running around in circles trying to avoid hits while getting your hits in. Run around in circles and instant arcane explosion is great fun :) So much more fun than having to stand still with my chanter to get the cast off and getting interrupted all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom