Any1 actually got their new pass yet??

M

Melodic

no but unless the server pops on DAoC home are pure bs then 20,000 people already have their passwords

A

Athralmall

Those figures are from several days ago, not been updated since last week.

P

parisienscot

Imagine logging on with only 8 players on the whole server!!

Hello? Anyone there?

Not too much zerging in Emain though I imagine ;)

M

Mishy

Originally posted by parisienscot
Imagine logging on with only 8 players on the whole server!!

Hello? Anyone there?

Not too much zerging in Emain though I imagine ;)

dunno, 8 albs on atm, and 4 of them are in emain!!

S

skerit XP

Well, I got it...

--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Hello,

These last days, you have probably noticed unusual things on Dark Age of Camelot:

- Shutdown of Rightnow!, our customer service tool.
- Shutdown of the subscription system.
- Unusual events on the Prydwen server.

Since the 18th of August, Dark Age of Camelot Europe has been the victim of computer crime, like many other well known online services.

GOA’s technical team immediately implemented a series of preventive measures, which resulted in the shutdown of our customer service tool, Rightnow!, and of the subscription system.

We have also lodged a complaint with the competent authorities.

As a cautionary measure, we have decided to change your 'game' passwords. The game servers should thus be stopped for a maximum of 3 hours.

Your new 'game' password is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (A lot of numbers in mine, argh)

In the days to come we are going to process the change of all 'subscription' passwords. Services shutdowns are thus planned in order to finalise the reinforcement of the security measures of our platform.

We will keep you informed during the week of the precise planning for the restart of the different services, and we are doing everything possible to ensure once again an optimal service.

The DAoC Team

---------------------------
----------------------------

C

cHodAX

Got one of mine 10 mins ago, currently 27 people logged in on Prydwen.

J

Javai

Passwords coming through in order of account registration, as I suspected hence French and Germans mostly got theirs first.

My account was registered launch day evening my bfs next morning took 6 mins between e-mails....so they should be over the biggest spike of accounts by now you'd hope.

T

thegreatest

argh!! 6 mins per day...how long ago was daoc released? 18 months? Let say 18 months, Im registered 9 months ago, that makes 9x30 days = 270 days...270x6=1620 minutes

1620 minutes/60 = 27 hours...

god please no :(

S

Stormm

nice to see GOA keeping us informed and updated huh, and with info such as wtf you do if ur email is no longer valid etc blah

oh well least they consistent in being shiat

S

svartmetall

FFS this is going to take forever, these are the same people who never answer on RightNever so I could be waiting 3-4 days for my password...

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by svartmetall
The two UK servers are the ones who've had the least passwords sent out

:rolleyes:

Yup... I bet those 8 on Exc and Pryd are communicating in French too... ;)

S

svartmetall

Hehe, that'd be a RR blanked out in there then :p...weird to be in realm with so few players I'd guess.

M

mucking_fuppet

Just got my password, not many others seem to though, 23 people here on mid/prydwen.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by mucking_fuppet
Just got my password, not many others seem to though, 23 people here on mid/prydwen.
When did you reg?

W

Wai

got 2 pw's for 2 of my accs but still missing 1 more... they were sent to me neare nough same time (15 min interval inbetween) and long time later still don't have the 3rd one... just hope they don't "miss" my other acc or as its happened to someone else send my details to someone else

F

fenrisan

Originally posted by skerit XP

We have also lodged a complaint with the competent authorities.

[/B]

I do hope they meant relevant authorities, rather than competent

Oooh - an email :D

O

old.Mu.

Got my password, and it works. I registered my account a week(ish) after release day. Not much point being on with only 15 other Mids though tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread