Any way to copy UI setttings?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tin, says all.

Making a new character is a pain in one aspect, have to set all UI etc again. Any way, fancy or not, to copy them from another character?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't played the game in ages mate but you use to be able to do this:

Create your new character
Log out of the game
go into the DAOC folder and there should be two small files with the character name on it (or one - doesn't matter)
delete those.
copy/paste the one or two files of the character who's UI you'd like to copy, renaming the same as the new character name

so essentially you're copying myoldcharwithgoodui.ini and then renaming it to newcharacter.ini

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I haven't played the game in ages mate but you use to be able to do this:

Create your new character
Log out of the game
go into the DAOC folder and there should be two small files with the character name on it (or one - doesn't matter)
delete those.
copy/paste the one or two files of the character who's UI you'd like to copy, renaming the same as the new character name

so essentially you're copying myoldcharwithgoodui.ini and then renaming it to newcharacter.ini
This is not DAOC, this is AoC. :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
rofl

Good god am I a 'tard this morning! :) for some reason FH, talking about games = DAOC!

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't tested this.. but have a look under (this is windows XP):

c:\documents and settings\<username in windows>\local settings\application data\funcom\conan\prefs\<account name>\
(or just replace everything up to and including username in windows with "%userprofile%" )

There are a bunch of "Char<number>" dirs there.. with Prefs_2.xml files in them. Could be possible to copy that .xml file from one char to the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom