any urls for info on this game ?

Filenotfound

Fledgling Freddie
as topic ... lookin to find out a bit more any1 got mainpage url or any testers tryed it ?

Aeiedil

Fledgling Freddie
there is also www.denofshadows.net
It has the largest collection of DE-related stories, aswell as a decent collection of screenshots plus other stuff in the works :)

mork

Fledgling Freddie
Darkov update Chronicles and tell us who's won your beta caption competition! :twak:

and of course the daddeh site of them all =>DE Compendious<=

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
The official site is a good one with a lot of nice info in the FAQ and "developer questions" section of the forums.

rpgvault.ign.com has a bunch of (over 40) interviews with DE community relations manager about all aspects of the game (check the Q&A) section.

www.moonshade.com has a lot of info & resources, especially on a number of guilds that are planned for the game.

I'm looking forward to DE a lot - it looks like it's the first MMORPG to seriously rival the PvP content of DAOC.

mork

Fledgling Freddie
just a shame it's restricted to just three roles, outlaws, bounty hunters and traders and it restricts who you can attack based on these roles.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think the roles concept is a problem, I think it's a strength. All out PvP has never really worked. It may seem artificial but I think you need some degree of controls in PvP for it to be successful - DE's roles look like an interesting way of doing things.

mork

Fledgling Freddie
yes the idea is good, I just think there's always going to be a shortage of one role thats played that will unbalance the pvp system and make it less fun.

Like the presence of a major clan that are primarily bounty hunters, if they get too strong then noone will bother being an outlaw, except for killing venerated mobs only. Doing trade runs between cities will be too easy and DE will seem very bland without any presence of a threat to a particular role, and will lose one of its major selling points - meaningful pvp.

This is an extreme example but this sort of BH's target outlaws, outlaws target traders approach is just a little too restrictive and almost impossible to balance. You cant force people into a particular role which has a major shortage.

Its going to be important to choose a good server, some will be very boring places I'm guessing - full of alliances between clans/cities - meaning less city battles, safe trading etc clans on a server could make it almost a pvp free environment. Horizons reborn :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom