Any suggestions?

G

granny

OK moved to new house in Derby, got BT line installed (just for ADSL), turns out I can't get ADSL cos the house is about 200 meters too far away from the exchange. NTL say they offer no services in my area so no cable modem for me either :(

So it's looking like back to the overpriced heap of shite that is ISDN :( (unless anyone has any other realistic alternatives?)

So, can anyone recommend an 0800 dialup that's good for ISDN users? It's a couple of years since I used a dialup in any shape or form so I have no idea who's any good now.

D

Dial-A-Rez

Originally posted by granny
OK moved to new house in Derby, got BT line installed (just for ADSL), turns out I can't get ADSL cos the house is about 200 meters too far away from the exchange.

When you get your phone line installed you can make it a condition of the contract that if it proves to be unsuitable for xDSL you can terminate the phone line rental immediately.

There's a few guys on the newsgroup uk.telecom.broadband who took this approach, they were successful in cancelling the contract with BT with no penalties. Do a search on Google Groups and you should find the threads easily.

G

granny

Nope, no RADSL either.

And yeah I've cancelled a BT contract in my last house when it turned out ADSL wasn't available, took some doing but managed it. To be honest though I'd rather have BT phone + ISDN than NTL phone + modem so I'll probably just stick with them for now.

But back to my original question - can anyone recommend a good ISDN 24/7 0800 dialup?

X

xane

TBH I doubt you'll ever find a 24/7 connection using anything other than broadband, you can get 24/7 _availability_, i.e. flat rate charge at all times, but most ISPs put an upper limit to the amount of time you can spend online per day/week/month.

Check out Plus.Net, who afaik do a range of FRIACO options, including an unlimited time one which is quite expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom