Any SM Darkmasters around?

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I team up with Svenfleet quite a lot and once that darkness gets going it can be hard to stop, especially when he goes MOC mad. Normally good for 2 - 3 kills in that period.

I think Dark is a very good spec.

I actually put SM's at the top of the caster tree in Midgard, especially when the Pet is fully buffed.

With a nice bit of MA and a PAC healer for some CC. 3 or 4 Dark SM's will rip through a group, maybe with a Dark Carver to start off each target with a cold debuff. Though 3 or 4 Supp sms are very nice if you can get enemy tightly packed.

I think Dark SM's are good for soaking up attacks and slowing down enemy tanks, as well dealing long/close range damage.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
how good are dark SM's at soloing low lvl's? been thinking about making one for ages...

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
how good are dark SM's at soloing low lvl's? been thinking about making one for ages...

just started a full dark sm, soloing´s quite alright, but then again I´m used to playing a pally on alb/exc so I´m not really able to judge the speed of kill :)

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
just started a full dark sm, soloing´s quite alright, but then again I´m used to playing a pally on alb/exc so I´m not really able to judge the speed of kill :)

Now with the intercepting pet, just nuke away with the pet standing on you and cast between intercepts/interuptions. Don't bother with CC or running around. Unbuffed can take anything upto high reds. Very fast the only thing you waiting on is mana regen which a pox can fix :)

Old way of lvl'ing was to let casper grab agro and do some damage but thats so slow in comparison. Yellows only take a few seconds to bring down with new method but you need good armour to be able to take the knocks.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Be careful with trusting the pet intercept at low levels - the chance to intercept rises with the type of pet summoned.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
I just let casper take the beating and sit and heal once in a while :)

I dont have to twist and I still kill with the speed of a pally :)

Salvion

One of Freddy's beloved
Any more ideas of how to spec?

Belo said that u can perform QC Rezz witch would be nice..

i think 47 Dark is set but then what? if we talk rvr.

26 supp gives L26 PBAoE but not mezz remove annd rest in summ?
that would give pretty decent damage overal and some utillity with diffrent lines?

input would be nice :)

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
47 dark 26 supp is the classic darkmaster. Spent a long time with that spec.
47 dark 25 sum 8 supp is my current spec and finding the rez quite useful though missing the lifetransfer which can be very handy.
48 dark 24 sum for the big 50% spirit debuff for your pbae mates
50 dark 20 supp for the last ae mez.

All the above are good valid dark SM spec's, probably others but they the main ones unless Belor or Roo can think up any others.

I would stress though get atleast 8 supp for the pbae, its very usefull in finding those pesky stealthers. Just yesterday used it to reveal 4 hib stealthers at MMGO :) Made me chuckle.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ok in the next couple of weeks I'll organise the dark group. Got a few things on in RL and as always got commitments in game, but I really want to try this, I think it would be a hoot :)

Rustan

Fledgling Freddie
If you wait until after the patch of doom Roo I will join :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ok lets sort out a lineup.

I was thinking 3 Dark SMs, 2 Healers, Shammy, Skald, Warrior as a test lineup.

And bags be one of the SMs! :D

What do you reckon?

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
My newly leveled 50 dark sm is specced 50 dark 20 sup all for soloing purpose. Did quite ok eventhough i don´t got moc or purge yet.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm setting up the Cockroach group. Any Dark SMs interested in something for a bit of a giggle PM me. Also need 2 Healers (1 with pac 45 min), a Warrior, a skald (already taken) and a Shaman.

As far as I'm concerned to qualify as a Dark SM you must have Dark specced to at least 47 for the last lifetap.

This is just for a bit of a laugh and to see what its like to have a properly gimped group :D

If enough interest and people can guarantee to be online the day(s) we do it, I'll set up more than one group - I know the Dark SMs are about if they can be motivated :)

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(TM)

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
That sounds realy fun. Why Didnt anyone have this when i was Dark specced. I have now tested all 3 specces and both dark and supp is good in diffrent ways.

supp - With good suport and with some other supp sm

Dark - Soloing .Good in grps aswell (love the castingtime on lifedrain)

I will now go back to supp.Who knows i might get back to dark someday. Actually I would like to have one of each (sum wasnt my thing)

Wee Soulkeeper

Fledgling Freddie
Hard time...

So even little me are giving up hope for the Dark ways of spiritmasters.

Now I´ve used my respec to test out the life as a Summoner.

When the next patch arrive, the Line of Suppresion will be my path.

Never ever thought I would change away from the dark path but.......

*feels alittle bit sad*

Wee Soulkeeper

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
Fraid I've turned traitor as well for the time being. Used a respec to go full supp for farming purposes, depending on how this goes the coming respec in next patch is always on hand to go back to the dark side. Though going to have to farm an RA respec stone as well as went Majestic Will 3 / Raging power for taking down ubers.

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
I know that this is an really old post, and that roo stopped playing, but did this go life ? and if so, any movies ? id like to see it :)
always loved darkSM's cool gfx uber cast time and nice dmg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom