Any RVR guilds Recruitng atm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

-ag-bometal

As in topic,

are their any RVR guild recruiting atm ?

Saves alot of pm work :p

TIA,

Bometal McAyetee

A

-ag-bometal

aye I did,

the answer was then none where recruiting...

So checking "the market" again if you don't mind

Soloing in Hadrians Wall getts lonely after a while tho Cerdin :/

S

sigh

Level your Minstrel to 50 and you might have better luck with guilds.

M

Mage

Joining a guild in a good Alliance might be an option.

H

Herbal Remedy

2h pally see the guilds line up to sign you up:p

A

-ag-bometal

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
2h pally see the guilds line up to sign you up:p

sigh, here we go again...

<no comment>
<must fight against it>
We can't all play FOTM's, can we ?
Some ppl like to pla...

<no comment (dont want to turn this in the classical 2H Paladin = Gimp argument)>
:(

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Mage
Joining a guild in a good Alliance might be an option.
Our alliance is good, thank-you-very-much. :cool:

J

Jiggs

RvR guild and 2hd paladin in one thread?

i'd try <t** **o*i*y>

P

parlain

FC will not be recruiting any 2h Paladins in the near future, the same meaning of "near future" that Blizzard usually give for release dates...

G

gwal

Originally posted by parlain
FC will not be recruiting any 2h Paladins in the near future, the same meaning of "near future" that Blizzard usually give for release dates...

think most, if not all, rvr guilds share that opinion. soz to say it bometal.

A

-ag-bometal

Originally posted by gwal
think most, if not all, rvr guilds share that opinion. soz to say it bometal.

ginally posted by parlain

And the valid reason being ? The Gimp explanation is NOT a valid reason.

ppl should stop judge others on the base of stereothyps...

If they give me a shot and i fail, i can live with it

But turning ppl down without giving them a chance because some "idiot" said some class is "gimped", makes me :puke:

I wonder how s/s paladins feel. Before End chant they weren't that wanted to in a group and the moment they give another class end regain (mincer for instance, just hypothatical), they are screwed to...

Racism is ingame forbidden but this xenophobic attitude really can get on a persons nerves, espacially when he/she hears it for yet 18 months...

This is no attack on parlain nur gwal, just a generalisation...

ARGH

F

Flimgoblin

RvR groups try to make the best groups they can - they don't tend to experiment, they take what people say works and ignore everything else.

2h paladins ain't amongst the things that other gank groups say work, so they won't go with them.

Oh well, off to level my smite cleric, now I've got my split spec wiz to 50 ;)

P

Puppetmistress

Every (RvR-)guild is entitled on its own opinion about recruitment based on specs and stuff.

Tho my personal opinion is that it's very short-sighted unless your guild runs with a fixed group-setup where there is no room for newcomers but then recruiting is bullshit too (even a perfect specced paladin wouldnt get group then).

And infiltrators, cabalist, necromancers probably dont fit too well in the mentioned RvR-groups too, but are permitted in the well-known guilds.

Putting down someone with an in your eyes inferior spec while during the same time allowing 'gimped fg RvR classes' goes beyond my scope. Measuring with 2 standards? Alts?

Who knows, I dont really care and its none of my business. But talking like this about Bometal and his 2h-spec is just searching for a flame-war and showing off (your arrogance?)...

My 2 cents.

C

Conchabar

lol a 2h pally asking for a guild.. no one wants a 2h paladin in there grp so u havent got a chance in getting in a guild that knows what there doing lol :p

<i think 2h pallys only get grp if they really need end in the grp.. or they know the grp ldr ;)>

W

whuzzy

I think there have been very long discussions already about pallies and Perfect RvR groups, and i still stay on the side of the guy who said that pallies don't belong into that group (Nor do Friars)

Whuzz

B

Belomar

Whoa, this devolved into a 2H paladin thread, how surprising! :rolleyes:

And to Whuzz: A tank group without end is quite useless, you know. The first encounter you may survive with some end potions, but if you get adds you are in trouble. A "perfect" Albion RvR group (which currently is such a tank group) needs a paladin.

A

Asha

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
RvR groups try to make the best groups they can - they don't tend to experiment, they take what people say works and ignore everything else.

2h paladins ain't amongst the things that other gank groups say work, so they won't go with them.

Oh well, off to level my smite cleric, now I've got my split spec wiz to 50 ;)

No offense, but how do you know that? We experiment all the time. We have tried so many set ups with just about every class – we want to try cabalist, but don’t have one atm. Hatjitjai and Zael were both 2h and they respecced because it wasn’t a valid spec for our RvR group. I am sure the other “RvR” guilds experiment all the time.

To Bometal – I am not sure why you are posting here for a guild. The best way to find a guild is to play with people in game and see where you fit in. Like Puppet said, if an “RvR” guild is running group set ups and they don’t have room for a paladin, then you’re spec is a moot point – there is no point joining a guild that doesn’t need a paladin. I know you weren’t asking specifically about us, but I’ll tell you anyhow. BF doesn’t ever take ppl from Barry’s Whine. We only take ppl that we have grouped with for a long time and that we know get along with everyone in the guild. That is more important than their spec or even class, which can be changed.

I would suggest that you either contact the guilds you are interested in in game, or come to emain or odins and try grouping with different guilds. But yes, like FC, we wouldn’t group a 2H paladin. Firstly because we have several excellent paladins in guild and alliance, and secondly because the spec does not fit into our group set up. There has been much written on why. Maybe you will find a guild that will and that also fits your RvR needs, but I doubt that you will find it by posting on BW. GL :)

A

Aussie-

If you want to join a good RvR group/guild you will spec like they want. :great:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Asha
No offense, but how do you know that? We experiment all the time. We have tried so many set ups with just about every class ? we want to try cabalist, but don?t have one atm. Hatjitjai and Zael were both 2h and they respecced because it wasn?t a valid spec for our RvR group. I am sure the other ?RvR? guilds experiment all the time.

Was the impression I got from posts by various members of RvR guilds :) but you're quite right - not every guild will be closed to change, nor are they represented in whole by just one of their members.

A

Asha

ps bometal - asq is the second largest guild of Albion Excali after SS. Why not try to make an RvR group from all those members there instead of changing guilds?

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Asha
ps bometal - asq is the second largest guild of Albion Excali after SS. Why not try to make an RvR group from all those members there instead of changing guilds?

cos asq have seent he light and aare gonna kick him :D

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Was the impression I got from posts by various members of RvR guilds :) but you're quite right - not every guild will be closed to change, nor are they represented in whole by just one of their members.

yeah our FoTM thrust merc groups with one merc, slash 2hd arms and slash s+s arms

oh yeah dont forget we normally use theurgist instead of a sorcerer :D

P

parlain

Originally posted by -ag-bometal
And the valid reason being ? The Gimp explanation is NOT a valid reason.

Valid reason being FC has used 2h Paladins on (very) rare occasions and the results have not been very pleasing; the experiment failed and thus we prefer s/s paladins

On recruitment notes, as far as I can tell, we continue to be closed to general recruitment and usually only take a look at someone if they come recommmended

On specifically Paladins on roster we currently have:

Farek, Parlain, Metalwolf, Ckiller as Main Paladins and
Xanetia, Godbrojva, Sewen as Secondary Paladins (alts) and are currently giving a trial to Maramar.

As this accounts for 4 of the Top 10 (RP) Paladins and we only put two groups in the field we feel that we have sufficient cover for the majority of occassions that a Paladin will be needed.

This I believe is also the reason BF will not be taking Paladins as they can count on Hats, Zael, Gwalmar and Sighfi

As for experimentation you can often see a "gimped" FC caster group feeding RP's to the Hibs, or experiments with clericless groups, cabalists and wizzies, scouts, friars, reavers and many of the other "no room in a fotm tri dete tank grp"

Tbh I'd love to do damage over time tests versus a 2 handed Paladin on our local whipping post (Noret ^^) because I doubt that my damage output with s/s is altogther much less than that of a 2 handed paladin taking into account reduced chants and/or higher varience and as I can frontload with a large shield I fail to see what the advantange is; but I can't make statments without doing personal tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom