Any reasons to come back?

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Fafnir said:
Well its hardly spamming making 1 thread that i was back, in may i think. Then this one when i was thinking. :)

Since i got no rl friends currently playing i would have no idea if something had changed thats why i made this thread to start with, dont want to throw cash away.

Well i am possibly not the best to comment as i am on the verge of quitting myself, but referring to your orignal post your main point was "muppets" and "class racism"

I dunno wot u mean about muppets? do u mean people that are bad at daoc? or good players that annoy you?? Not sure you can really expect that to change there will always be a balance of people, some that you get on with, some you don't, its the same for everything.

With regards to class racism? well that point infuriatated me, as there is no such thing. Everybody has a preference to what class they want to do what job and so they act on it. For example you don't want a pac healer soaking the agro from a dragon nor do you want your supp runey to go melee with Cyrek etc... In the same respect a lot of rvr groups want a good balance for what they feel they need, often having 8 class/specs in mind, again you can't force people to change these opinions cause you don't fit into them. I think its a very ignorant comment to say that class racism is the root of your hatred for the game, without common sense class choices almost all raids/rvr would fail. Likely you have a class that isn't popular in groups as there are other classes that perform better in that role. I am hoping you are not that selfish you would want a group to fail, simply to avoid being "class racists".

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Inca said:
I dunno wot u mean about muppets? do u mean people that are bad at daoc? or good players that annoy you?? Not sure you can really expect that to change there will always be a balance of people, some that you get on with, some you don't, its the same for everything.

Hmmm people that steals artifacts after agreeing on rolling for them just to sell them on their cm, cant they be called a muppet? Or the people who screams dont add. And you dont, but then they get wiped and scream why the fuck didnt you help us. Erhm because you always scream dont add.

Inca said:
With regards to class racism? well that point infuriatated me, as there is no such thing.

Ok lets call it RA racism then, when certain classes dont get groups cause they lack some RA's.

Inca said:
I think its a very ignorant comment to say that class racism is the root of your hatred for the game, without common sense class choices almost all raids/rvr would fail. Likely you have a class that isn't popular in groups as there are other classes that perform better in that role.

What is better, have a char that is better in group or have a player that knows what he does? And where do I say I hate the game? I would never have played since release if i hated the game. It just became to time consuming, due to the fact a ml mob was bugged and I wasted 40 hours on that ml. And still didnt complete it cause the mob fell thru the floor every single time. But the game will never be the same as it was before RA's where introduced.

Inca said:
I am hoping you are not that selfish you would want a group to fail, simply to avoid being "class racists".
Well I dont see me as a selfish player, just because I want to get a group sometimes. But I guess its up to the groups to kick me out just to take in a player who dont know how to use both guard/protect and where to buy it.

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
Cylian said:
resist the temptation!

or just play it like i do :p

you stay away faf... you stay far, far away :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Fafnir said:
But I guess its up to the groups to kick me out just to take in a player who dont know how to use both guard/protect and where to buy it.
Bleh it should be how to use both guard/protect and then he asked where he could buy it.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Mordur said:
or just play it like i do :p

you stay away faf... you stay far, far away :D
Well I dont like to play with myself :D I let my gf do that for me.

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm lots of points where do i start :)

Ok rolling for artifacts to sell, without this some people would not get arti's, some players will camp a mob till its up but then not have enough friends online to kill it, they have a choice either lotto for the arti or not do it at all. At the end of the day i am very active and while i am happy to help my friends get arti's i am not willing to help every single person that asks for it and i think deep down everyone is the same. I always help friends, often help friends of friends and friend's guildies, but it is very much on the premis that when i need help i get it back. If i am helping somebody totally random i expect to be able to roll, and if i want to sell it thats my choice. Also some players never get chance to get certain arti's or they have such low drop rates they don't have the time/group to get the drop, the only way these players can get arti's is thru buying off cm's. You did add about people stealing arti's and that is completely different. They truly are muppets, and if you check through the posts on here you will see i am one of the people most against it and with a very strong and unforgiving memory towards these people.

RA racism? well at the end of the day your running an rvr group, you know their are good enemies about are you gonna pick a caster with MoC or one without? a warrior with purge or one without? a healer with ragin power or one without?? People have the right to want the best they can for their groups, each player knows what ra's are good for his class/spec and those that don't only have to ask and they will get answers =D When i lead an rvr group i feel i owe it to the other players to get the best peeps i can in, both playng ability, class/spec AND ra's. I do agree that a good player with an unsuitable class/spec is more important than an afk bad player with fotm class/spec but when your inviting thats not easy to tell :) To be honest a good player will also know what spec/class is going to get groups and more to the point which isn't and act based on it. If they decide to stick to an "ungroupable" class/spec they won't whine as they accept the choice they made.

Your hatred of ML3 and importantly GOA's reaction, well yeah i share ur view, maybe it didn't take me 40 hours but i did have to do both ML3 and ML6 twice due to bugs etc... yeh i was pissed but lets face it, no1 was gonna do anything about it and its not like mythic said "that guy Inca, no MLs for him" etc... so i do understand your reason for leaving and even respect you for standing up for something you believe in.

Your last comment is basically saying that whoever the group leader takes instead of you will be a worser player than you, i find that very arrogant and often not true. I refer to my earlier point that a good player will more likely take a good spec/class and also that it is impossible to tell who is gonna be good and who isn't unless you know them.

I imagine your a thane and you usually get dropped for warriors, well mate things are likely worse now than ever before. A lot of top groups are only looking for 1 warrior, not even savages/most berserkers, less yet thanes. Even then they only want ML8 warriors for the bodyguard ability.

You only have to look to alb thought where an armsmen (clearly not fotm) called Steveh has dinged rr10 from leading his own groups. Regardless of peoples flames for him it does show that not-opt'ed classes can still do well and that of you want it bad enough you can make it happen. Perhaps if you hate being rejected for groups you could maybe look at running your own group to get round this problem?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Inca said:
Your last comment is basically saying that whoever the group leader takes instead of you will be a worser player than you, i find that very arrogant and often not true. I refer to my earlier point that a good player will more likely take a good spec/class and also that it is impossible to tell who is gonna be good and who isn't unless you know them.

Well I would say i'm better than 80% of the players i've been dropped for, I played my char since release. Most of thoose who took my spot when I was kicked came directly from the pl factory. If it had been their main they played up to rr5+ i would not say i was better than them

Inca said:
I imagine your a thane and you usually get dropped for warriors, well mate things are likely worse now than ever before. A lot of top groups are only looking for 1 warrior, not even savages/most berserkers, less yet thanes. Even then they only want ML8 warriors for the bodyguard ability.

With ML8 Battlemaster even a thane could do the job as good as a warrior cept the lack of det.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Inca said:
*raises an eyebrow* by rvr spec i assume we mean 39 cave/37 aug and by bb spec i again assume 47 aug/26 mend.

As an rvr shammy with 25% buff bonus and mota 2 and above (i think) you cap the yellow specs and so your buffs are every bit as good as the pve buffbot. Ok then compare the bb spec has the friggs, but weigh these up against bolts/roots/poisons and especially the damage shield and i would happily take an rvr shammy for pve before i would consider a bb spec.

Also rvr specs are more likely to have better passive ra's, ideally ichor (can possibly save a pve group if something goes wrong), purge etc... Plus both rvr/pve shammies take perfector but an rvr shammy is more likely to be higher ML than a buffbot, so will have Healing Font, Power Fot, Det Node, cure res sick etc etc.

as cylian says, if they want a shaman for dragon raids they take bot spec for last resists, if they want a shamn for anythin else (in pve) they just take a bot on /stick and take an extra healer / tank / whatever the hell they want and then say they need more people to play shaman's in rvr - yet screw them up the ass in pve :p

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
I am still here Fafnir come back, join my ml 3 raid tomorrow, maybe not succesfull but fun fun fun :p

At least there is a big chance I get lost in that dungeon and let the whole zerg whine at me so need some protection :fluffle:

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
Fafnir said:
Well I dont see me as a selfish player, just because I want to get a group sometimes. But I guess its up to the groups to kick me out just to take in a player who dont know how to use both guard/protect and where to buy it.

you're a thane, you're not willing to roll something else to grp with in rvr

you're a selfish little dorf with a sticky beard and you know it! :p

Sagano

Fledgling Freddie
NF the solution ? ROFL
saw a nf thane movie
thane hasnt changed , nothing will change ...

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
stopped like 2 months ago and still don't feel the need to come back , this game sucks!

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, you should be allowed to roll the class you want to play, and to be allowed to play it in RvR. What's the point of having classes in a game if you can't get to play the ones that you like?

Despite being huffy at Faf's choice of words, I think we all know that certain classes just don't easily get groups in RvR, so there is no point arguing that the class bias isn't there.

And Snoz, there was no need for that mate. Bad Snozzy, back in the box.

Anyway, there will be more for Thanes to do in NF. Check when 1.70 is coming Faf, might be worth your while coming back maybe a few weeks before that is scheduled so you can get a couple of MLs and so forth :)

Mordur's right though, he's just a stinky, sticky little dorf and so is the toon he plays :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Sagano said:
NF the solution ? ROFL
saw a nf thane movie
thane hasnt changed , nothing will change ...
Mythic dont dare to fix the Thane, to many inactive Thanes out there. When RA's came and then SI thane was pretty much killed in regular rvr. The only big change that can help, but it helps all people, is the DF change.

And they nerfed the Thanes biggest weapon, the hammer of lag. :(

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
I am making my thane super, I love to play that character, and she is great in RVR.

I specced her a bit wrong, going to do it right thanks to a respec stone I got on blueskys dragon hunt, got her some artis, still need to level those and I still need scrolls for one, but I take my time, and still she fought a paladin yesterday and she won, had some help but still my thane ruled :clap:

I think thane is the best character for those who like to combine magic with fighting, and pff if they don't take you in group, you solo whats the big deal.

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Oro said:
To be honest, you should be allowed to roll the class you want to play, and to be allowed to play it in RvR. What's the point of having classes in a game if you can't get to play the ones that you like?

Two very different issues there.

You are allowed to play whatever class you want and more than that you should always pick the one you like.

"allowed to play in rvr", i am not sure what you mean here, but thanes can port to HW or Emain and can leave Svas through the north entrance so can rvr. Also as a group the "invite" function does let you invite any class of player to your group, providing you have the spaces.

If you mean that thanes should automatically get rvr spots then like i said earlier your very ignorant. If a group leader has 7 players its his choice what he wants for the last spot, be it a supp sm, a pac healer, thane or a mend shammy :p A lot of rvr groups do not have a thane in them, but likewise don't have a shadowblade, hunter or berserker.

If thanes want to ensure they get groups they should make their own, the same way if any1 else wants to ensure groups they do. At the minute there are very few rolls a thane can perform that another class cannot do better (mezz breaking is not a roll :cheers: ) and so are not a popular choice. I said it before but there is no player on this game that is gonna tell me i have to invite certain classes to rvr just to avoid being "class racist".

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
Inca said:
A lot of rvr groups do not have a thane in them, but likewise don't have a shadowblade, hunter or berserker.

no berserkers make big daddy mordur QQ !

Oro said:
Mordur's right though, he's just a stinky, sticky little dorf and so is the toon he plays :D

i'm always right, Roo, now get your butt back to midgard where it belongs, i respecced my sm to dark because of you so now you come back and make lots of rvrgrps with me! :D

postfarm++

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom