Any professional Guitar pro 5 users here?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Looking to tab a guitar solo for a friend, but i hardly know how to get the right beats etc so i am turning to FH, anyone?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
play him the record cos tabs are for fags

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not used Guitar Pro. I'm pretty much keyboards only.

What does it give you that a full weight DAW doesn't? I mean, from screenies and stuff I can see the guitar-head pic but I'm not sure what benefit this is. Looking at the tech specs there was nothing that other DAWs don't do.

Not having a poke at Guitar Pro, just interested in what about it makes it nice for guitarists, from a guitarist's perspective and why they would use this instead of something else.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Guitar Pro let you transcribe songs in tab form, even applying sound modulations to the different instruments etc. I don't know what a DAW is, but Guitar Pro is a pretty swish program. You can also download and playback songs people have transcribed/wrote.

Sorry I can't help fett, not really an advanced user.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Digital Audio Workstation. Things like Cakewalk Sonar (which is what I use), Cubase, Ableton, Propellerheads Reason, etc.

So, Guitar Pro is really aimed then at guitarists that might want to demo stuff or write material that they will later properly record? Rather than something that will be used to make a complete track by itself.

The spidey sense started tingling when I saw "Mastering" on the list of tech specs. Since Mastering happens after a track is fully complete/mixed I wondered if they were aiming Guitar Pro as a full weight DAW :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Digital Audio Workstation. Things like Cakewalk Sonar (which is what I use), Cubase, Ableton, Propellerheads Reason, etc.

So, Guitar Pro is really aimed then at guitarists that might want to demo stuff or write material that they will later properly record? Rather than something that will be used to make a complete track by itself.

The spidey sense started tingling when I saw "Mastering" on the list of tech specs. Since Mastering happens after a track is fully complete/mixed I wondered if they were aiming Guitar Pro as a full weight DAW :)

Well like I mentioned in my other post, I'm not that familiar with the more complex workings of the program, but yeh, it's a lot more of a 'notepad' type program in my experience, where you can write down tablature form guitar parts (and a shit load of other instruments as well actually) and not actually record and layer tracks. :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I know a few people that might be interested in this. I'd never heard of it before. I'll point them at it. Cheers :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Make sure they get later than GP5 as thats when they put in the 'realistic' sounding instruments :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom