Any Norwegians who pre-ordered the CE, help!

Grimness

Fledgling Freddie
I pre-ordered three copies from play.com as it seemed a good choice, since they shipped to Norway with no problems. I went to check my order today, and what do I see?

"Special Features
Only available to customers with a UK billing address"

so..anyone from Norway who has pre-ordered a place where I can actually get the pre-order bonus?

seems none of the Swedish sites want to ship outside of Sweden, so I was thinking of trying amazon.de as a last resort.

please let me know in this thread or PM if anyone has any tips.

edit: ordered from amazon.de now, will see if I get the code cards in the mail this week.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
did you already order on play.com before they changed that they only ship to UK adresses?

Because if you did, and they said (when you were ordering) they'd ship to Norway, they're technically obliged to do so...

But that's about all the help I can give you, soz for the crap help :fluffle:

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I noticed this morning they sneaked that little line into the top of the details bit.

Grimness

Fledgling Freddie
did you already order on play.com before they changed that they only ship to UK adresses?

Because if you did, and they said (when you were ordering) they'd ship to Norway, they're technically obliged to do so...

But that's about all the help I can give you, soz for the crap help :fluffle:

yeah, maybe, but I ordered from a german and swedish site as well, just to be on the safe side.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
I ordered a copy @play.com before they "edited" their page.
I expect play.com to inform me of their change in policy tbh!
Atm we're screwed I guess :)

IanC: will there be a Norwegian retailer with the "CE and Pre-order kits"?
If you cant answer it, can you check with your marketing department? :)

Much appreciated!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I believe the Swedish, Danish and Finnish stores should be delivering to most of Scandinavia. My mastery of Viking is not so good so it's hard for me to check it directly on the sites but that's how I understand it. I have asked about the Play.com situation as I know that a lot of non-UK people have ordered it already from there. As soon as I get an answer I'll let you know.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Thank you for your reply Requiel/IanC :)

I now tried to place an order at webhallen where they state that people outside Sweden only can order "downlaod only" games (see link). They dont ship i.e the CE box :eek7:

Guess I'll have to try one of the other scandinavian retailers.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Tried Spelbutiken, when ordering you have only "Sweden" listed under "country" and you have to enter your swedish social-security-number (to proove your over 16 years old) lol :eek7:

Sweeds...ZzZZZ ;)

Amagad....I only want to be a customer, can I please?! Pwetty please!:m00:

PS: sorry for the frustration

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
The story never ends...

At discshop they say:
Important notice
We no longer deliever outside of Sweden due to increased freightcosts, reduced sales volume and a large amount of lost deliveries.

At billigespel they say:
Warhammer Online Pre Order DVD: Sold Out. Please note: Shipment to Denmark, Greenland and Faroe Islands only

The finnish sites arent in English and I sure as hell dont understand that language :D

IanC: help us vikings out here m8! :D

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
can't you just come plunder our coasts like you used to do whenever you needed something? ;)

(sorry for the lame joke, but couldn't resist)

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm 225 page hardback book, lead figures, large package, I can see why companies won't want to be shipping abroad, particularly from England, something like that would cost 60 quid to send.

What I'd be more concerned about is the obvious over subscription that is going to happen, there are only 55,000 units, spread amongst so many retailers with all of them selling promises but nothing tangible. I'm just waiting for the sorry we messed up and you're not getting the pre-order pack or the CE email from play.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
can't you just come plunder our coasts like you used to do whenever you needed something? ;)

(sorry for the lame joke, but couldn't resist)

rjo0158l.jpg

Well when this is the only option around here.....what do you expect? :D

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
I now got an update from amazon.de telling me they're "sold out". So order canceled! :(
After a bit of dialogue, I now have successfully placed an order at GameShop.se, the Pre-Order pack is "on its way" - even if the price is a rip-off! But f*** it - im desperate! :D

839SEK for the game + 299SEK for postage and handling. Thats ~100€ for the game and ~40€ for postage and handling (pre-oreder pack now and the CE closer to release).

x-ing fingers!

B

bnaro

Ok my norwegian friend im from Sweden and i have my codes.Actully had them for a while now. Let me tell you this none of the Swedish stores which are mentioned as. The warhammer pre-order package partners sell Warhammer online pre-order boxes with the special things and so on. Outside sweden due to high shiping costs. And far as i know there is no norwegian stores asociated to this. So i guess you need to find a other way mate

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok my norwegian friend im from Sweden and i have my codes.Actully had them for a while now. Let me tell you this none of the Swedish stores which are mentioned as. The warhammer pre-order package partners sell Warhammer online pre-order boxes with the special things and so on. Outside sweden due to high shiping costs. And far as i know there is no norwegian stores asociated to this. So i guess you need to find a other way mate

GameShop.se hooked me and a couple of mates up with pre-order packs - so problem solved :clap:
I have my codes and I'm ready for WAR!

Seems GameShop.se is the only EU retailer shiping abroad atm. Guess they will be sold out soon :m00:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
When is the game going to ship? Worth pre-ordering now ?

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
To quote Mythic: Fall 2008, no date set yet. Still in closed beta.
If you want the Collectors edition and the Pre-Orderpack bonuses I'd suggest you get ordering asap. If you're fine with the ordinary retail game, then its no rush :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Play.com could not fulfill my order either, despite having a UK delivery address and UK Banks cards. two phone calls later I gave up. Had to cancel for now. Will be interesting to see If the game even goes on sale in UAE. DAOC never did get here.

Will just have to do the usual and ask a mate or my sister to buy it and ship it to me.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Try to order @ GameShop.se - its a bit expensive, but they ship everywhere. If you don't understand Swedish, I've made a "walk through" over at WarhammerAlliance, check it out here.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Play.com could not fulfill my order either, despite having a UK delivery address and UK Banks cards. two phone calls later I gave up. Had to cancel for now. Will be interesting to see If the game even goes on sale in UAE. DAOC never did get here.

Will just have to do the usual and ask a mate or my sister to buy it and ship it to me.
You say you cancelled so does that mean you HAD ordered it from Play.com but then they told you they couldn't fulfil? Only it's still available to buy on their website. Or do you mean you had to cancel as in give up trying to get a CE in general?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom