Advice Any Kodi users in the house?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
For various reasons I've just had to reinstall Kodi on one of the Android streaming boxes I have dotted around the house; I did the reinstall and set up the TV and Movie sections, pointing them at my NAS; all as normal, no bother. But when I try to index the files (MovieDB etc.) its either not finding half the files or completely misidentifying the films and programmes. MovieDB isn't perfect, but usually its just the odd obscure movie it can't find, now I'd say its several hundred movies and half my tv shows (a hundred or so series and several thousand episodes thereof).

Anyone else ever seen this issue? Is MovieDB that's fucked, or my files (which on inspection seem the same as they've always been).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
For various reasons I've just had to reinstall Kodi on one of the Android streaming boxes I have dotted around the house; I did the reinstall and set up the TV and Movie sections, pointing them at my NAS; all as normal, no bother. But when I try to index the files (MovieDB etc.) its either not finding half the files or completely misidentifying the films and programmes. MovieDB isn't perfect, but usually its just the odd obscure movie it can't find, now I'd say its several hundred movies and half my tv shows (a hundred or so series and several thousand episodes thereof).

Anyone else ever seen this issue? Is MovieDB that's fucked, or my files (which on inspection seem the same as they've always been).
There was an issue with one of the scrapers last year. Are all your addons updated and I know (granny time) you have set the correct source type ?

Also, if you have multiple Kodi devices why are you not running a mysql instance and pointing everything at that????

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
There was an issue with one of the scrapers last year. Are all your addons updated and I know (granny time) you have set the correct source type ?

Also, if you have multiple Kodi devices why are you not running a mysql instance and pointing everything at that????

Yeah add ons were up to date etc. I’ve now switched the tv one to a different scraper which seems to have fixed that, but the movie one is still wonky; there’s a new scraper out there but it’s in beta so I’m not sure about it.

I read up on MySQL for Kodi a couple of years ago and decided it wasn’t worth it - it all seemed a bit...fragile.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah add ons were up to date etc. I’ve now switched the tv one to a different scraper which seems to have fixed that, but the movie one is still wonky; there’s a new scraper out there but it’s in beta so I’m not sure about it.

I read up on MySQL for Kodi a couple of years ago and decided it wasn’t worth it - it all seemed a bit...fragile.
Weird. Think I am using The Movie Database as my scraper.

As for MySQL, been running it with Kodi for years without a single issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom