Any Ideas?

W

Warp-crazy

Ok here are my spec:
Amd 2800+
512 Mb of Pc2700
Radeon 9700
WD 120 gb HD

Yet this game isn't playable in anything except 800x600 and thats in moderate gfx setting! So any tips?

X

Xtro

Driver Issue? I had to upgrade mine to play.

Update if you haven't updated your gfx drivers already.

P

[PS]Venom

Wow that's a bit wierd.

Update drivers as already suggested and defrag your hard disk.

Other than that.. What motherboard is it?

W

Warp-crazy

Asus A7N, ive used the newest ATI drivers! What settings do other people use, Gfx wise!

S

SilverHood

its that radeon of yours buddy, get a real mans graphics card :)

You should be able to run at default settings, I do, and my pc is very similar, cept I havea GF4 and a gig of (slower) RAM

W

Warp-crazy

Bleh, im defraging now! My Radeon would blow away your GF4 in any "normal" game, give me UT2k3 with 4xAA and we'll see ;)

S

SilverHood

Not got UT2k3

well, I do, but not legit

I like the old UT better anyway :D

P

[PS]Venom

Asus board shouldn't cause any trouble at all.

Wierd... You haven't got any strange programs running in the background eating away your resources have you? No virus checkers or autoupdaters?

U

-Ultimate

Originally posted by Warp-crazy
Ok here are my spec:
Amd 2800+
512 Mb of Pc2700
Radeon 9700
WD 120 gb HD

Yet this game isn't playable in anything except 800x600 and thats in moderate gfx setting! So any tips?

Yeah bog off back to T2 warpy :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

One thing to check is that hardware acceleration for your graphics card isn't disabled in Windows for troubleshooting purposes. Right click on Windows background, select Properties, Settings, Advanced, General. Its in there.

This is often a cause of these kinds of things.

Somewhere you may also have the option to disable enhanced 3D features in your CPU, make sure this hasn't been set by accident as this may slow it down though some systems crash with this on.

I'm afraid defragging will only speed up loads from disk as it makes your files contiguous on the hard drive so its unlikely to solve much once the game is up and running (but still a good thing to do in general :)).

Hope this helps :)

P

[PS]Venom

Point is he hasn't said he has other problems with games so defrag ect was the only thing I could think of to suggest, unless it is a driver problem and something that PlanetSide doesn't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom