Any DOM interest?

• Thread starter old.[WMD]Obsidian
  • Start date
O

old.[WMD]Obsidian

UT Domination Sign Up
There are a lot of DM and CTF leagues for UT, but no Domination leagues. I know there are a lot of clans that do want to play Domination, but the lack of servers and leagues has stopped them from doing so. You can signup here if your clan want to play in a DOM league. I am talking to an admin at BarrysWorld who might be interested in starting a BW DOM league, but will only do so if there are enough clans willing to play in it. So Signup using the form displayed below.

You can find the signup here : http://www.clanz.nl/domsignup.asp

Plz do if you think the DOM mod needs a qualityleague :)

O

old.[G-UT] C.O Defiance

ooh !

it used to be my favourite form of play !

but ive kinda gone off it now

and im in two leagues also ( why the hell i signed my clan up for both the CTF and tm-dm ones i do not know :)) )

N1 tho anyway :)

try and make it not clash with the CTF and DM ones we have at barrysworld , and ull get a lot of support.

W

Wazzerphuk

tbh, not being mean, I don't think DOM will take off, even in a league...bw tried to start one up here a while ago....lack of interest....same would happen if you tried an assault league....

*shrug* it's a goog game type too :/

O

old.Scimitar

[G-UT] C.O , if you know any clans who might wanna participate, please send em to that URL.

I got 10 clans signed up now, and WP has offered to provide me with the servers (even a few with good ping for dutch cable) and the support, so I'm ready to kick off, but I'd like a few more clans to participate.

the first season will start off as a try-out and we'll see how many clans will actually keep playing and maybe if more will become interested.

I will try to have the matches arranged on days that they don't clash with the other leagues, so do signup ppl.

O

old.[G-UT] C.O Defiance

fuck it ... if you can make the league on a weeked ill get my basts to join :)

O

old.SUp3rFM

Think DOM, will not get that many attention... I think that a Tactical Ops league will! :)

I'm starting to get addicted to Tactical Ops!

O

old.Scimitar

[G-UT] C.O Defiance
I've been checking dates to see on what day I can hold the matches without clashing with Wireplay or BarrysWorld Leagues, and basically only friday and saturday are left ;)
so I guess it'll be a weekend league, so sign up m8!

SUp3rFM, maybe that'll be something for the future

I've got lotsa nice ideas for new UT leagues :)

O

old.[G-UT] C.O Defiance

ah

maybe

where ya get tactical ops from ????

O

old.AlphaFlyte

Lo,

Hmm I would love to play some DOM, but I have no clan to play with and neither much experience. I just think it sounds like a good idea to try DOM under controlled forms with teamwork etc. Anyone else in the same situation? Maybe we can put together a DOM team. Is this allowed for players that are already in a CTF clan for instance?

O

old.SUp3rFM

Check the Tactical Ops website (http://www.tactical-ops.net). It's a great mod (if not THE MOD) for ut. I luv UT for this... u can make everything with it... I'm hoping to find and SIM UT (sort a Sim city.. eheh :))

O

old.plightstar

DOM is not a game type

DOM is not a entertaining game type
CTF and Team DM are the best
DOM was good at the start but got very boring very fast i have downloaded loads of maps for DOM but none are fun
The only map i liked was the one with the pyramid at each end with a underground, that was a good map
but a DOM league will never survive and if it does my name is mud.

O

old.The_Stranger

dom uses the same tactics as CTF

you have to defend the control points you have, and attack the control points you dont have, so rather than having one place to defend and one place to attack, you have 3 places that you have to defend or attack depending on circumstances, I should think that decent ctf players would take to it quite easily.....

W

Wazzerphuk

DOM's more TDM like than CTF. Think about it. TDM = Teams hold areas of the maps, preventing opposition from getting to powerups and weapons etc. DOM = Do the same, but with set points and to score points. CTF = Tactically easier, although it does run on some of the same basic principles.

O

old.Mig

Well hope this talking of DOM will mean more full servers :)
coz I like it a lot

TDM and DOM have a big major diference Wazzerpunk:
Translocator :)

O

old.Mig

well TL is not exactely a detail m8, epic even made a "TL dedicated patch" :)
everytime I play without TL I always feel slow..

W

Wazzerphuk

Yes, but that's only because some lame skill-less pe0nz wrote a script to translocate at uber speeds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom