Any chance of a delay on cloning?

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
If any GOA person is watching is there any chance of a delay on the cloning? Telling us at such a late stage hardly gives us a chance to discuss it in guild or in alliance. We have over 150 people in the guild we have to inform in just one day, and we would prefer to have had a chance to talk in the alliance as well.

Why do GOA constantly have to do things at the last minute? A little more notice could not hurt.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Its the same notice Mythic gave, they want to get it out of the way as soon as possible to avoid giving too many people a free level 40 char..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
2 days notice... last minute would be "servers coming down, we're cloning these 4 servers".

Post on your forums, post on the server board here.

Login to the old server and post on the MOTD and check a day later if anyone's logged in and mail them if they've not appeared on the new server.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Even if the move would ve been announced two weeks ago, the problem persisted. People stay put and expect the others to move or want to move the complete playerbase to the new clone server. Both options aren't WAI in my book.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
well its not like you need to discuss it now and move, they said they are cloning the chars so all you got to do is set a time to discuss it and not lvl your char anymore till a decision is made where you will continue your war gaming experience :)

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
You can easily put in on the Guild info screen.... That way the people you can't contact in time should know...

just post : Our guild has left the building (and moved too xyz)

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
If any GOA person is watching is there any chance of a delay on the cloning? Telling us at such a late stage hardly gives us a chance to discuss it in guild or in alliance. We have over 150 people in the guild we have to inform in just one day, and we would prefer to have had a chance to talk in the alliance as well.

Why do GOA constantly have to do things at the last minute? A little more notice could not hurt.

so hang on, you want to delay server cloning and keep the queues, causing 100's if not 1000's of people to have to wait hours to play WAR just so you can administer to your guild ? cant you just make do with a post on your guild forums informing your members and stop thinking so selfishly ?

MephTheLaw

Fledgling Freddie
2 days notice... last minute would be "servers coming down, we're cloning these 4 servers".

Post on your forums, post on the server board here.

Login to the old server and post on the MOTD and check a day later if anyone's logged in and mail them if they've not appeared on the new server.
Is your salary nice at GoA? Curious, if they pay well or not :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Is your salary nice at GoA? Curious, if they pay well or not :)

hoho, anyone who doesn't think the world is ending must be paid by the corporation, THEY WORK FOR THE MAN! They did ply me with a t-shirt (too small for me but it fits the missus - huzzah!) and a poster at Gamesday though... such bribery.

if they gave you a week's notice people would whine WHY ISN'T IT HAPPENING SOONER!!!!!1111oneone.

Surprised noone's posting that about the 2 days.

You have in-game tools as a guild (and out of game ones too if your guild is worth its salt) to get your people moving.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
, THEY WORK FOR THE MAN!

Fight the Man!!!!!

Work for the brotherhood (undercover brother for those nvr to have seen it)

brotherhood.jpg

horlely

Fledgling Freddie
so hang on, you want to delay server cloning and keep the queues, causing 100's if not 1000's of people to have to wait hours to play WAR just so you can administer to your guild ? cant you just make do with a post on your guild forums informing your members and stop thinking so selfishly ?

selfishly? This is a prob for all big guilds. :twak:

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
No one is waiting hours, exaggeration doesnt help. Giving us until the end of the weekend would allow us to tell people. What it means now is that we stay where we are because we dont have time to tell people. If other big guilds have the same problem then the big guilds stay and no improvement takes place on the server - in our case karak Hirn. Thats not selfish its common sense, take a few days to give a longer lasting solution.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
I don't see what the big trouble is?

"Hey gusy, from this Wednesday and on, we're off to <X> server, come along if you like.", write that in the guild motd. People will join up with you when they see the message.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
24 hours is sufficient. We've already polled enough people that a majority vote could be sorted.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
if they gave you a week's notice people would whine WHY ISN'T IT HAPPENING SOONER!!!!!1111oneone.
QUOTE]

The only thing I have regularly criticised GOA for has been lack of news and lack of advance warning of things happening, so at least I am consistent.

This is not meant to be a bash GOA thread. It is not a "GOA have screwed again" issue and not something I will hold against them, but a little more time would have been useful. Trying to get alliances to agree cant be done overnight when people may not be on.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Seems to me you could discuss whether to switch or stay a lot as there are arguments and counter arguments in both directions.

Given time is short the guild leaders need to make a decision on behalf of the guild and inform them (motd or some of the suggestions above are pertinent).

GOA were not going to win this one. Peeps are annoyed at the queues for lots of reasons. To some this response is overdue.

I appreciate spreading the word to guilds with large numbers is not always easy but this needed doing. My guild leaders made a fast decision which may not be what all members would have preferred but it has been done and communicated so we all know where we stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom