Any casters pissed about SC yet?

K

koskos

Was just thinking that it must be hell to play a caster now =)

B

Bellona

because of the magic ressis people will get ?

tbh, i dont care, ill respec to full mind and be a powerfull mezzer, and let my tank mates do the work :D

f00k my lousy body spec which will go from "You hit Zergin Hibbie for 270 (-134)"

to

"You hit Zergin Hibbie for 270 (-234)

:D

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Tanks will have it now also, most players will try to get 26% resist on crush, slash or thrust besides all the important other resists like body, heat, etc.
So we will all suffer. Nice thing is, battles will last longer :)
Regards, Glottis

A

Amadon

I haven't noticed much difference yet.. I think it will take a few more weeks til the full effects are really noticeable.

oh well.. when that happens at least I can still level my alts :wall:

K

Karam_gruul

everyone has like 20 or more resist to all weapon styles anyway as far as i know lol. wont make a huge diff. but ya, casters are phucked lol. i wasnt even remotly scared of casters before SC, now they're just laffable.

nuff said

O

old.LandShark

You're a retard.
Full spec darkness runie hits me, 43% cold resist, un-resistDebuffed, for 237.
43% resist = 'only' 5shotted.
Give me a break. Casters screwed because of 26% resists??

O

old.Mick

only thing that annoys me is that magic resists can be buffed and increased with RA's

melee ones cant :(

this in conjunction with the new resists based on spell lvl not character lvl just plain pisses me off

K

koskos

yes and TBH mezzers should be realy pissed =)
dare I say 50% resists + chanter RA or determination witch was made cheaper this patch =)

B

belth

Originally posted by old.Mick
this in conjunction with the new resists based on spell lvl not character lvl just plain pisses me off

Aww... My ickle gray's spell seem to stick pretty fine on lvl50's, hardly any resists, maybe 10%.

S

sollers_natus

Well.. I can assure you that sorcs are fOOked.

Our ae-mezz is energy based. When everyone goes around capping all resists, they'll resist my mezzes half the time. They nerfed the one thing we're good at

gratz goa!

this afternoon.. Tankster resisted my mezzes 3 times in a row. If that's going to be a sorc's daily frustration, then this sorc will be retired soon.

To hibbies: no reason to fear sorcs any longer guys :) And if I, in some mysterious way, succeed in mezzing you.. you still have your purge/grouppurge! ohh.. and insta my ass before I even begin casting, that way you won't even have to risk the 5% chance of me mezzing you. ....You must be rolling on floor laughing over our sorry alb-ass :(

G

Glema

I'm pretty sure resists only effect the duration or damage of spells, so it doesnt effect chance to resist at all.

Although tanks that will only be mexxed for 30% of you mezz is still scary I guess for casters :-/

Q

Qte Eth

resists are just level of spell based now and wont go to 50%
but when everybody has magic resist capped and boosted with ras and buffs to 50+ it will take rougly 20 sec to gank a tank(if he ip and he will ip,and if he gets heals..omfg) with dd and yes i can say thats not fun,but that is mages future
time will show,only good thing melee resist will be capped on everybody what was before a big problem for some classes ,at least on hib

N

Negura`

Originally posted by Bellona

f00k my lousy body spec which will go from "You hit Zergin Hibbie for 270 (-134)"

to

"You hit Zergin Hibbie for 270 (-234)

:D

Dont you mean you go from 270(-134) to 170(-234) ? If not your dmg wud have increased by 100...just the resist wud have increased, therefor you wud still hit for the same.

N

Negura`

Originally posted by sollers_natus
Well.. I can assure you that sorcs are fOOked.

Our ae-mezz is energy based. When everyone goes around capping all resists, they'll resist my mezzes half the time. They nerfed the one thing we're good at

gratz goa!

this afternoon.. Tankster resisted my mezzes 3 times in a row. If that's going to be a sorc's daily frustration, then this sorc will be retired soon.

To hibbies: no reason to fear sorcs any longer guys :) And if I, in some mysterious way, succeed in mezzing you.. you still have your purge/grouppurge! ohh.. and insta my ass before I even begin casting, that way you won't even have to risk the 5% chance of me mezzing you. ....You must be rolling on floor laughing over our sorry alb-ass :(

1.59 :bore:

O

old.Zeikerd

I'm a cab, so: DoTnRun for me.
Gonna get Tireless right away :D

H

hjalthor

Q: Spell resists. Can you give me more details as to how the system works?

A: Here’s the answer, straight from the desk of the spell designer:

"Spells have a factor of (spell level / 2) added to their chance to hit. (Spell level defined as the level the spell is awarded, chance to hit defined as the chance of avoiding the "Your target resists the spell!" message.) Subtracted from the modified to-hit chance is the target's (level / 2). So a L50 caster casting a L30 spell at a L50 monster or player, they have a base chance of 85% to hit, plus 15%, minus 25% for a net chance to hit of 75%. If the chance to hit goes over 100% damage or duration is increased, and if it goes below 55%, you still have a 55% chance to hit but your damage or duration is penalized. If the chance to hit goes below 0, you cannot hit at all. Once the spell hits, damage and duration are further modified by resistances.

"In general, RvR is between opponents within 1 quanta of each other (in the frontiers for example, L45-50), and the spells cast are L40+. This results in a 2.5-5% modifier, which is somewhat lost in the noise of the bonuses from Int/Acuity, realm abilities, and modifiers from resistances. For characters using spells around L30, they will see a more significant reduction however, and this factor is part of it."

From Fridays grab a bag, so resists does only affect dmg and dur

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Well, like it or not, we pay GOA, so who cares who makes it?
And GOA did manage to prevent us using cloaks to imbue, etc, so they have some influence.

And considering that Mythic allways denied that spell lvl mattered, they did screw us sorcs over big time by finally admitting what several sorc believed for a long time, but was allways denied by Mythic.

Anyway, most people had their important resists up to 26% already anyway, so not that much difference for casters.
Regards, Glottis

N

Negura`

ALSO jus FYI Bellanor..... if you go full mind.... u prolly gona be even less use to the grp because....

#1: once you mezz a group and they come out of that mezz they cant be re-mezzed for xx seconds.... what are you going to do? run around like a numpty?
#2: Resists: You will still get a lot of mezz resists with 50 mind - due to the SC resits again.... you just cant see the resists like you can with a DD eg 200(-200).
#3: Is it really worth going full mind for that little bit extra length / area on a mezz - gimping yourself?

mmmmmk..

E

Exinferis

Uhm negura, you actually read patchnotes for 1.59?

- Increased radius of Fog, Blanket and Cloud of Senility to 350.

- Added a power regen buff to Mind spec list so that all three realms have a version of this spell:

5 Comprehension of Power
15 Perception of Power
26 Perspicuity of Power
36 Cognition of Power
46 Lucidity of Power

- Instead of adding more crowd control to any realm, Sorcerers are getting two new ways of dealing with crowd control.

1) Added a self mez-duration reduction buff to Mind Spec.

16 Shield Mind
27 Harden Mind
35 Steel Mind
45 Invulnerable Mind

2) Added group mez-duration reduction chant to Mind Spec.

29 Solidarity of Mind
39 Unity of Mind
49 Brotherhood of the Mind

that part in particular^^

Originally posted by Negura`
ALSO jus FYI Bellanor..... if you go full mind.... u prolly gona be even less use to the grp because....

#1: once you mezz a group and they come out of that mezz they cant be re-mezzed for xx seconds.... what are you going to do? run around like a numpty?
#2: Resists: You will still get a lot of mezz resists with 50 mind - due to the SC resits again.... you just cant see the resists like you can with a DD eg 200(-200).
#3: Is it really worth going full mind for that little bit extra length / area on a mezz - gimping yourself?

#1 He can still nuke, doh!

#2 He will be resisted LESS when hes 50 mind, spells is lvlbased you know mmmmmk

#3 He isnt gimping himself, he is rather making his sorc better
getting pot5, more radius on his mezz less resists(higher spell lvl on his aemezz)

N

Negura`

#1. yes he can nuke with baseline lifetap that uses lots of power and does not much dmg. yay.

#2. yes he will be less resisted but mezz is not resisted that much as it is anyways. why go 50 mind when 24 / 34 is absolutely fine, meaning you loose out on a very nice backup DD with good cast time

#3. lvl 24 ae mezz, increased to 350 radius... meaning i can happily stay at 34 mind or respec back to 24 mind, (apart from the fact that we normally have two sorcs in the group) and stil get the same radius on a mezz.... im not sure who you play with but normally dont take an organised grp long to sort themselves out and kill a grp of mezzed people....

anyways that was not really the argument, it was about her conceptions in the first post about the resists.

i have played a 50 mind sorc in rvr before, and believe me you cant do any backup dmg at all, and your power runs out rather quicky.

k.
thx.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by sollers_natus
why do you complain about Hibernia's insta-mez and not Midgard's insta-mez AND insta-aoe-stun?

T

Tyka

When i rolled my eld they already had patch 1.54 on us and everyone was talking about high resists etc, so i knew mages would get shafted.

However i didnt go the same way as 99% of the hibbies do atm=mana. Mana spec is energy wich was a hard resist to get for many albs/mids, now that SC came everyone cap energy and all mana noobs go cry big rivers about how little their spec line lvl 50 179 base dmg do.

I also knew that light is cold dmg and everyone have it capped or almost capped already, so there is no big difference for me, still do same crappy dmg to people on the field, still the same shiat.

T

twistedmind

hmmm

i thought the (-xxx) was allready substaded when you hit. as in say. you cast a spell xxxxx are hit for 125 (-50) then you should really hit him for 175. that is what i have heard.

Twistedmind lvl 46 skald + some other alts (excal) rabid badgers and heart and soul

Twistedspells lvl 27 mentalist + another alt (pryd) hibernian devils

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
everyone has like 20 or more resist to all weapon styles anyway as far as i know lol. wont make a huge diff. but ya, casters are phucked lol. i wasnt even remotly scared of casters before SC, now they're just laffable.

nuff said

Likr you said Karam "what do you know"

Now thats "Nuff said"

F

Flimgoblin

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by twistedmind
i thought the (-xxx) was allready substaded when you hit. as in say. you cast a spell xxxxx are hit for 125 (-50) then you should really hit him for 175. that is what i have heard.

Twistedmind lvl 46 skald + some other alts (excal) rabid badgers and heart and soul

tis correct

ps - click on profile and get yerself a signature :)

level 24 mezz versus level 50:
85%+12%-25%=72% chance of landing
level 44 mezz versus levle 50:
85%+22%-25%=82% chance of landing

so 10% more likely to hit with the level 44 mezz.

N

Negura`

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by twistedmind

You Target Random Person
You Cast Random Spell
You hit for 400(-150)

You actual damage to that person was 550 - but because of his resists, you hit him for 400...... hence why what bellona said, makes no sense..... insted of hitting them for the same damage, but with more resists... you will hit them for less damage, with more resists.... if that makes any sense.....
insted of 250(-250), you could end up with 150(-350) [for example]

O

old.LandShark

Re: Re: hmmm

Originally posted by Fingoniel

tis correct

ps - click on profile and get yerself a signature :)

level 24 mezz versus level 50:
85%+12%-25%=72% chance of landing
level 44 mezz versus levle 50:
85%+22%-25%=82% chance of landing

so 10% more likely to hit with the level 44 mezz.

That is a sheeetload of spec points for such a small increase.
Tbh the idea of spell lvl being the determining factor in resists, is BS. What tosspot thought that up?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Well, like it or not, we pay GOA, so who cares who makes it?
And GOA did manage to prevent us using cloaks to imbue, etc, so they have some influence.

GOA had nothing to do with fixing the cloak bug. Mythic fixed it in the patch they gave GOA to translate. GOA does not change the functionality of the game in any way, they just translate the content.

O

old.Biffsmash

Originally posted by Pin

GOA had nothing to do with fixing the cloak bug. Mythic fixed it in the patch they gave GOA to translate. GOA does not change the functionality of the game in any way, they just translate the content.

I think you may be wrong there. If goa cannot change the functionality of the game in any way how can they do this...

There will be another round of maintenance tomorrow morning. During this maintenance we will make a few adjustments and bug corrections to the 1.54 version.

List of items :

Several translation mistakes for the different languages.
Modifications and corrections for the crafting recipes.
Correction of a bug regarding the Spellcraft.
Correction of the realm respec bug. Regarding the latter, some details : this "free" respect only concerns 6 classes (Armsman, Berserker, Warrior, Hero, Mercenary, Blademaster), and is only given to these characters if they don't have a realm respec available currently. That means that if your character already has the possibility to do a realm respec before tomorrow's patch, he will not get another one. He will keep the one he already had, that's all.

also, If what you say is right, it would be impossible for GOA to run events, as to run them they have to alter what NPC's say to reflect the GOA run campaign progress, they add in monsters that look different and have different names to the ones normally in the area where mythic put them, they wouldn't be able to set how much damage these event npc's do or what they con to the players etc etc.

They built an arena for the poetry contest as well..

I may be wrong, and everything in the GOA run event might of been written and sent to them by mythic? but I doubt that as mythic surely have enough to do ;)

I think GOA can and do make changes, like my BM's realm respec, which was in the patch sent to GOA by mythic 1.54., but which wasnt implemented until today when GOA did the above maintenance.

Again, I could very well be wrong... :) If I am wrong, I accept defeat, but I think what I am saying does cast a little doubt :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom