Motoring Any car nerds following the Detroit show?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
There are some remarkable cars on display from normally boring as hell manufacturers this year:
kia stinger.jpg
Kia. 300bhp - cheaper than a GT86. Kia!

lexus RC-F.jpg
A Lexus that goes BMW M4 chasing. 500bhp, none of that hybrid nonsense.

volvo xc90.jpg
A four door version of this will be the next Volvo XC-90. Being a parent may not mean my motoring life is over after all.
ats coupe.jpg
A Cadillac. They'd actually be able to sell this in Europe.

Toyota FT-1.jpg
This is a Toyota. Its probably the new Supra. Its like their designers have started dropping acid or something.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The Kia will never be produced. There's no room for an engine at the front, which means it'll have to be in the middle or the back. Which instantly makes it a 2-seater coupe with limited market appeal. Face it, would you buy a 2-seater Kia, or a 2-seater Porsche?

DaGaffer

The Kia will never be produced. There's no room for an engine at the front, which means it'll have to be in the middle or the back. Which instantly makes it a 2-seater coupe with limited market appeal. Face it, would you buy a 2-seater Kia, or a 2-seater Porsche?

The Kia is actually a runner. Its a 2+2 they reckon they could get on the market in less than two years (the main engineering change is the headlights wouldn't be legal in the US). And the main point is they're touting it as costing less than the Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ twins, so the Porsche comparison isn't relevant

Peter Schreyer - KIA said:
Most of the car is production viable, apart from the stacked LED headlights, which are too low for US regulations, while the viability of the see-through A-pillars hasn’t been evaluated either. Yet it’s not a pipedream or crazy concept. ‘We always imagine it [a concept] on the street,’ says Kia president, Peter Schreyer, ‘and that’s the same with this car’.

Because its RWD I assume the engine is flipped on its side to achieve the low bonnet line. The guts of the car will probably be based on this:
2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-feature_rdax_646x396.jpg

Last edited:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
The Kia is actually a runner. Its a 2+2 they reckon they could get on the market in less than two years (the main engineering change is the headlights wouldn't be legal in the US). And the main point is they're touting it as costing less than the Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ twins, so the Porsche comparison isn't relevant

That Kia looks an awfull lot like a pimped out version of the theyundai Veloster to me.

kia-stinger-jpg.17541

Hyundai_Veloster_(left_side).jpg

Last edited:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I actually kind of warmed to that Kia. I never thought that would happen. My MUM drives a Kia ffs :eek:

DaGaffer

Olgaline said:
What are your thoughts on this?

It's an inoffensive mid size saloon. It's alright for a Chrysler (certainly the interior is an improvement on the normal Chrysler shitbox quality) but I don't know why anyone in Europe would be interested.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
It's an inoffensive mid size saloon. It's alright for a Chrysler (certainly the interior is an improvement on the normal Chrysler shitbox quality) but I don't know why anyone in Europe would be interested.

I kinda like the 300c though - Yes, it's a guilty pleasure :D (5,7 Hemi or 6.1 SRT ofcause )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom