Any Asian players?

D

dovrak

hmmm.. asia = korea .. must have made a big impressions the koreans have shown the gaming community and btw, they don't represent asia as a whole.

Was just tryin to gather/get to know fellow asians and never did I expect such ermm ... 'enlightened answer'. [welcome to the real world]

Korea do have daoc which currently is under testing... and no, I will not play in korean server. why? cos' i dun speak/read/understand koreans language.

Btw, I connecting to daoc from Singapore.

/shake head
Cheers to those 'racist' .. they really make the world a better place to be.

O

old.Xarr

racist, xenophobe? i think people are taking this joke a little too seriously, like arnor said. you all need to take a deep breath and really think about what the word racist means and not use it so lightly.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

I'm of South Asian descent, dovrak, but born and bred in central London. I've met two or three Malaysian people on Midgard Prydwen, although I'm not sure if they're playing from Malaysia. The reason I meet them is because my DAoC name means 'Chicken'(!) in Malay, which they can't resist telling me.

I have a cousin working in Singapore, though, he is making too much money out there for me to believe.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Gee, the first time anyone notices the racism around here?
*points out the "r german and french ppl stoopid?" thread and other assorted fascist crap on the dead Camlann forums*

K

Keri

Originally posted by Xtro
Disappointing thread hijack.

Nice to see racism so rife :rolleyes:

If i had posted "hi many daoc players of African origin playing?" and you had posted pics of Uncle Tom and said "oh ppl taking this too serious we just toying with the niggers" would it be any different?

Racist pricks.

But why is it always okay to be racist towards Americans?

S

StormriderX

Born in hong kong raised in england. Which is part of asia...for those who think asia consists of korea ;)

T

Teh Fonz!!1

You wanna know what the main problem with this forum is?

Lots of wankers, not enough cool people.

E

Euthanasia.

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
Compared to slapmesilly and chimera you're my friggin best friend.

Must get very lonely Gombur -.-

E

Euthanasia.

Originally posted by Keri
Cos they teh fat pie eating f000l's!
<hugs Uncle Sam>

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Keri

Oh said it is? I didnt. And (being pedantic I know) thats being prejudiced against a nation, not a race as of course America has a much more diverse ethnic background.

Anyway...I didnt say that :)

X

Xtro

Originally posted by old.Xarr
racist, xenophobe? i think people are taking this joke a little too seriously, like arnor said. you all need to take a deep breath and really think about what the word racist means and not use it so lightly.

Sorry but you are wrong. A racist joke...is a racist joke. There is NO excuse. I dont need to take a deep breath thanks. I'll stop there anyway as I've been on BW a lot longer than the daoc forums existed and this isnt the first time by a long shot I've had to tick someone off for it. Unfortunately it probably won't be the last.

B

BubbleCDR

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson

Compared to slapmesilly and chimera you're my friggin best friend.

yay :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D:D:D
ur my best friend to:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by Xtro

Sorry but you are wrong. A racist joke...is a racist joke. There is NO excuse. I dont need to take a deep breath thanks. I'll stop there anyway as I've been on BW a lot longer than the daoc forums existed and this isnt the first time by a long shot I've had to tick someone off for it. Unfortunately it probably won't be the last.

to put it like this xtro, i wouldn't call that 'joke' racist. i guess it's all about personal tolerance. we all have our limits. i know where the line is drawn for me.

S

StormriderX

From my point of view I didn't find the 'joke's racist - just incredibly lame and not funny /em shrug. I mean wow someone doesnt speak english as well as you because its not their first language - gee wizz what a laugh :rolleyes:

S

SilverHood

was a dude from Singapore on midgard prydwen some time ago

Jon, the mighty warrior!
And his guild: Defenders of Jon,

not the sharpest tool in the shed, but a nice guy nonetheless :D

S

Sigurd

Ah, good old Jon.. used to let me tag along at level 35 when he went to clear out invaders... I remember him asking me to show him the way to Odin's Gate, despite being level 50 ;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

As Robert Heinlein said:

Citizen of Earth.

Lots say and agree, few believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom