Any advice - low fps

S

S-Gray

he looked to have been on for a few weeks (Holiday?) but he is back now, has been for a week or so, not seen him on the forums tho

S

Skyler

Jobbie is my father.

I'm going to drive up there soon, I might have to pick up some of j00z lot to back me up as we force inside his house and ownz0r him :D

L

legendario

He doesn't like me or acknowledge me on the servers so I aint speakin about him.

:)

maybe someone finally flushed the toilet. :D

W

wizeuk

wow bad ass

I recently connected my p2 300 with a geforce 2 mx to a cable modem thinking I cant use it for games just for browsing.
Oh boy how wrong was I :D
A great lover of cs which I have played for about three years in lunch hours at work (good job I know).
I installed cs and started to play around with the graphics commands and then joined a game, there was 12 people playing including me and I was getting a latency of about 100 which didnt satisfy me so I went for a browse on the net and found even more settings that I can change such as overall texture quality and the rate commands.
I then joined the same server and to my joy I was getting a latency of 60, "cool" I said as I ran round and killed l4mers.
I know this is getting boring but keep reading and I will promise to entertain, anyway the next day I joined a UK2 server and my latency was around the 40 mark which was perfect, I had no lag whatsoever and even smoke grenades didnt bother my trusty GF2 MX. I use the showfps commands and was ecstatic (is that how its spelt?) I was getting about 80fps and more when not in firefight (obviously).
Well thats my story and I put it all down to trial, error and damm right stubhorness to get it pucka.

:D
oh by the way get as much ram as you can cos this "really" makes a huge difference.

T

Trem

Originally posted by legendario
He doesn't like me or acknowledge me on the servers so I aint speakin about him.

:)

maybe someone finally flushed the toilet. :D
He just concentrates matey, don't take it personally.

Jobbie is around under his alias(Norman), aha in your face Jobs you gotta get a new name now:p

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Tremor{KEA}
He just concentrates matey, don't take it personally.

Jobbie is around under his alias(Norman), aha in your face Jobs you gotta get a new name now:p

He was on the other night - along with his favourite sayings :

"heh" - bound to a key i believe

and drinking Stella.

L

legendario

Originally posted by ~Lazarus~

He was on the other night - along with his favourite sayings :

"heh" - bound to a key i believe

and drinking Stella.

heh.

L

legendario

Gray....your like our forum squatter.

//gah

just realised the hipocracy of that post

L

~Lazarus~

you both seem to squat together - like women going to the toilet in twos

L

legendario

Originally posted by Tremor{KEA}
..or like men "crossing swords"

Is that just me?

as long as swords don't touch its ok.

you seen what happened to the ghost busters :D

E

ECA

no its not.
Its certainly a more comprehensive benchmark then an ingame one such as Q3 timedemo or similar things.

So what do you use?

L

legendario

i dont benchmark.

I've tried about 5 and you end up getting obsessed over a few 3dmark points or FPS in a game when there isn't really any difference. I tend to judge drivers by image quality as newer versions rarely give a massive performance increase.

Therefore I don't use anyform of benchmarking anymore. Unless of course I think there is something wrong with my comp i.e. proc or memory.

E

ECA

I just use benchmarking for a rough idea where my system is at.
Comparison with other similar systems is ok, but a little pointless as a hundred or so points could be down to RAM type etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom