Film Ant-Man

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bad trailer tbh. I think the marketing guys are worrying that the public are going to be put off by the name so they've focussed on that.

What they should do is like "ant-man yeah baby!"...

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Yeah I picked up on the the 'Huh...' and 'is it too late to change the name?'

leggy

Probably Scottish
It'll be different and hopefully a step-up from the bilge that is Captain America and Thor.

Have I mentioned that I hate superhero movies? (except Batman and Guardians of the Galaxy ofc).

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I saw some "exclusive world first preview" shit after an episode of Person of Interest on the telly... was not impressed.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It could go two ways, cap america or ghost rider. It's one of those heroes/concepts that is completely dependant on the writing/plot/baddie.

So can't say, outfit looks cool.

Corran

Part of the furniture
It'll be different and hopefully a step-up from the bilge that is Captain America and Thor.

Have I mentioned that I hate superhero movies? (except Batman and Guardians of the Galaxy ofc).

come on, you got to love The Avengers. Joss Whedon done the impossible there and made a great movie with people that used to be the star in their own movies... and gave it a great story to go with the action scenes.

Mind you Whedon is a script god imo, loved all his shows and he is very different to the other writers out there. Just finished reading an autobiography on him (he was involved in this one) and it amazing to see what people say about him and how he makes every set he works on feel like family and not work. This includes the likes of Downy Jnr.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I enjoyed the Avengers more than the others and I do love Whedon's stories. But in isolation, the characters and movies are awful (with the exception of the original iron man remake..2&3 were dross).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
come on, you got to love The Avengers. Joss Whedon done the impossible there and made a great movie with people that used to be the star in their own movies... and gave it a great story to go with the action scenes.

"Love" is a bit of a strong word, it was alright for a superhero movie. for a first superhero movie of that kind that is. The story etc, well, it's buffy level of good. Popcorn :p

Whedon himself is kinda like that.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
If you read the history of Antman he is actually one of the founding members of all the superhero gangs in various guises.

Corran

Part of the furniture
"Love" is a bit of a strong word, it was alright for a superhero movie. for a first superhero movie of that kind that is. The story etc, well, it's buffy level of good. Popcorn :p

Whedon himself is kinda like that.

Whedon actually acknowledges he is kinda a "niche" market man. His style is too different from the normal to work for the masses, that the issue and most the time the studio's dont even understand his look into things. That was the problem with Dollhouse and caused series 1 to suck. They ordered 7 or 9 episodes without even seeing a pilot for it.. when Joss made the pilot they were "this isnt what we ordered", and he was "This is what i was selling you". lol.

I personally loved what he done with Avengers, I truely expected it to be awful because many of the marvel films were "meh", and bringing them all together was not something I looked forward too. Probably why I loved it though, I wasnt caught up in the hype of the movie and thus expectations werent high.

I actually still dont believe films are the area he is best suited, as good as I think his work is (i need to watch cabin in the woods, wife doesnt do horror so I never actually put it on but it sounds interesting - especially given the reason he wrote it <was also done in 3days with him and his co-writer locked in hotel suite for the weekend>)

Joss is all about the emotion, the story behind the story and as such tv (or comics) where he gets to build up emotional attachment to characters are where his true skills are. Unfortunately due to the American market not understanding where he coming from then I don't expect him to get another long run series that he can focus on (S.H.I.E.L.D is showran by his brother and sister-in-law so I dont count that).

But this rather off topic...

ANT MAN! Everyone thinks MEH! including the studio it seems... so I go YEAHY! could definately be interesting but if they tried to go "oh no antman" throughout then it will be MEH!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Problem with Ant-Man is I can understand why Edgar Wright would want to make it, but not really why Marvel would. In the popcorn world of the MCU, neither the Scott Lang or (even more so) Hank Pym characters really "fit". Oh I know they've tried to show Tony Stark's failings with the odd drinking scene and panic attack, but Hank Pym is all kinds of fucked up and a very unsympathetic character in the comics.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Problem with Ant-Man is I can understand why Edgar Wright would want to make it, but not really why Marvel would. In the popcorn world of the MCU, neither the Scott Lang or (even more so) Hank Pym characters really "fit". Oh I know they've tried to show Tony Stark's failings with the odd drinking scene and panic attack, but Hank Pym is all kinds of fucked up and a very unsympathetic character in the comics.
Also in the comics is it not Pym who creates Ultron? So unless Ant Man is going to be set in the past I'm guessing that ship has sailed.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think I read ultron hypnotised Hank to forget he made him. Could throw an escape clause in regarding the above

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, I just watched it.

It was great! Much better than the trailers suggested (I was very underwhelmed). It was a lot of fun and ticked all the boxes. The best comic book adaptation since Guardians of the Galaxy by a long way.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
really? so...this one could be worth it?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
really? so...this one could be worth it?
Yeah. Unless the boredom of having my bird's parents over all week has coloured my taste.

It's not *a*maze*ing*!!11!1!1! But it's very enjoyable :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Well, I just watched it.

It was great! Much better than the trailers suggested (I was very underwhelmed). It was a lot of fun and ticked all the boxes. The best comic book adaptation since Guardians of the Galaxy by a long way.
Also watched it last night, obviously from the same source.

Anyway, it wasn't *that* good, a mile off Guardians that's for sure but it was fun and a shit load better than 80% of the films I've seen this year. I liked the Ant-Mans mates.

Edmond

Anthony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyway, it wasn't *that* good, a mile off Guardians that's for sure
I thought it was funnier than Guardians, and had a better plot. But of course it didn't look anywhere near as good.

russell

FH is my second home
Oh good grief.... Really?
I thought it was awful and I LOVED Guardians

Edmond

Please forgive @russell for she knows not what she says sometimes, we should pray for her, If there was someone or something to pray too, but there isn't so we shall just pity her

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
So's Ant-Man surely? (love the actor but can't remember his name, Phoebe's boyfriend from Friends)

My wife would say the same about Guardians but she slightly enjoyed AM, that's nothing to do with sexual things though because she fancies no one including her husband.

Edmond

So's Ant-Man surely? (love the actor but can't remember his name, Phoebe's boyfriend from Friends)

My wife would say the same about Guardians but she slightly enjoyed AM, that's nothing to do with sexual things though because she fancies no one except her dreamy husband.
Paul Rudd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom