Another Virus....

W

Whoodoo_RD

F

Flimgoblin

I thought the RPC exploit one that downloaded the patch for you was cute.

S

Sibanac

bah, anyone still stupid enough to open atachments, without knowing what they are, should be forbiden to touch a computer for the rest of his life.

K

kallora

Well it seems a lot of people are that stupid.. one of the mail boxes I have was filled with 60MB of these virus emails this morning!!!

Morons...

R

Roo Stercogburn

Some viruses don't require you to open attachments, they take advantage of weaknesses in email clients.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Some viruses don't require you to open attachments, they take advantage of weaknesses in email clients.

people still using old insecure/un patched email clients should also be banned from computers.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Sibanac
people still using old insecure/un patched email clients should also be banned from computers.

Its funny, I do a lot of technical support. I'm always concious of the fact that most of the people I deal with don't have the level of knowledge I do.

I'm also concious that they will be able to do things that I can't and will be better at other things than me. (My lack of DIY skills are the stuff of legend). With that in mind, I rarely criticise just because someone doesn't know about something in my area of speciality.

Actually, one of the things I really dislike is those that have a bit of knowledge in an area and think they have a right to lord it over lesser mortals and be as condescending as they please. Its something I've made a determined effort not to be like my entire working career.

Good luck with your chosen career Sibinac, wherever that takes you...

S

Sibanac

Roo,

Its having worked in support that made me like this. I cant count the times I told people to install a patch, mailed warnings not to open unknown attacthments. mailed them detailed instructions with screenshot how to install patched, told em to check windows update atleast once a week .... to just have them get infected with he next best worm/clicky email virus.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I think I have my dad to thank for never losing it with a customer. He has driven me to distraction and there are times I really regretted sorting him out with a PC. He's a PHD in this that and the next thing but when it comes to computers, well, lets just say he's a bit of a challenge.

After that, nothing has ever really got to me :D

O

old.job

Nice idea ,ban the users, how about the sad fuckers who write this shit for their 15mins of self mastubatory fame.

That's exactly the same thinking that has the police telling us to bar all our windows and put security locks on our cars.

HOW ABOUT SPENDING THAT MONEY ON CATCHING AND LOCKING AWAY THE FUCKERS WHO STEAL!!!!!!

R

Roo Stercogburn

<tiptoes up and swaps Job's coffee jar for decaf>

H

Hargh

i have a fantastic dilbert cartoon about that..... can anyone host it?

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Its funny, I do a lot of technical support. I'm always concious of the fact that most of the people I deal with don't have the level of knowledge I do.

I'm also concious that they will be able to do things that I can't and will be better at other things than me. (My lack of DIY skills are the stuff of legend). With that in mind, I rarely criticise just because someone doesn't know about something in my area of speciality.

Actually, one of the things I really dislike is those that have a bit of knowledge in an area and think they have a right to lord it over lesser mortals and be as condescending as they please. Its something I've made a determined effort not to be like my entire working career.

Good luck with your chosen career Sibinac, wherever that takes you...

You target [Roo]

/cheer

B

Belsameth

I'm of the bitter type as well.
ie. shoot the user = problem solved :)

S

Solarius

Hehe reading all this is kinda funny.

My bro works in software support, and often sees the kind of thing Sibanac talks of. He usually takes the tolerant approach, but has admitted that he often has one quote he's seen in the past in his mind:

Support: Ok, sir, do you still have the box?
Customer: Yes, I do
Support: And the packing material?
Customer: Yes
Support: Good. Switch off your PC and put it back in the box, as you're obviously too &$*!ing stupid to use one.

Users who are viewing this thread