another stupid cleric

O

old.Brutallus

hey you, brave heros & mighty casters!

may I ask you to think a little before you start blaming healer when you die ?
there is nothing more annoying than playing 1-2 hrs together (saving your life a few times in the meantime) and suddenly being heavy blamed becasue one ALLOWED YOU !!! TO DIE
(usually within 3 secs from 2 hits of mob 6 lvls higher than you)

sometimes - noticed - you add funny comments like "cannot u just click 2 damned buttons and heal me?" LOL ; looks that you have deep knowledge bout mastering healing skills...

on the other hand if you ABSOLUTELY MUST blame, at least try to say 'thanks' from time to time when someone saves your ass performing at top healing skill!

O

old.cerebus

Okay, but only if you healers thank us Heros every single time we get the aggro off you / keep aggro concentrated on ourselves.

O

old.Cordain

Ill just post a quote from VN Boards.

I get sick to my delicate stomach every time I see a healer class run away as if he never heard my /send for a rez. You out there who play healers need to listen up right now. Your job is to rez and heal ANYBODY who needs it. Anytime you pass a tombstone you are seeing a monument to healers who failed. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve died and tracked down a healer only to hear them tell me “I’m about to go to the battleground and Gna Faste is too far away.” If we don’t stick together this whole thing is going to go up in smoke. If you get a request for a rez, that takes top priority. Mythic makes no secret of this and it’s in big bold type on their website. Look it up, maggots. Trust me, I play a shadowblade, so I know. Just because your class is, by design, the glory hounds of the realm doesn’t mean you can ignore the workers who get the job done. If you don’t believe in what you know can be done there’s no point in wishing about tomorrow. So please, let’s just try to work together to help solve these problems. Play your class correctly and maybe you’ll get to experience the true joy of DAoC. It’s not just about the points. Read ‘em and weep.

and

Let me ask you healers one question? If you weren't serious about healing, why did you make a healer? There's a time for fightin' and there's a time for healin'.

I agree completely!
:D

C

cadiva

Originally posted by old.Cordain
Ill just post a quote from VN Boards.

I get sick to my delicate stomach every time I see a healer class run away as if he never heard my /send for a rez. You out there who play healers need to listen up right now. Your job is to rez and heal ANYBODY who needs it.

What an arrogant tosser. My only job is to play my character exactly how I want to play it and not how someone else would like it played.

My shaman does one thing and one thing only, she heals members of my guild (first priorty), my group (if it includes non guildees) and then anyone else who is around who needs it.
I will rez anyone I see dead. What I will not do is run half the bloody realm just so some brain dead ass who probably tried to kill something five levels above him can get another chance to f**k up.

I also really really really hate the stupid pillocks who think that one healer can possibly have the time, never mind the finger/game speed to heal 7 other people who persist in running into a mob of npcs/enemies made up of more than double their number.

Oh yeah, and a final thing, when you get a rez, saying thank you might put you higher on the list for another one later on.

Obviously this isn't directed at you in person Cordain, as I've never met you, it's directed at all of those with the attitude of the guy you quoted.

A

Alrindel

There have been times, playing my alt bard, when i wished there was a /finger command... :rolleyes:

O

old.Cordain

Accepting a ress is enought. There is really no point saying thanks as it is the very reason why healer exist.

G

galdora

ahhhh, a light in the darkness. Thanks Cadiva, 100% agreement.

Oh and as for the thanking thing.

There is really no point saying thanks as it is the very reason why healer exist.

:twak: You are just plain rude. Do you never thank anyone in RL for just doing their job? The person serving you in a shop for instance.

And before you say, tanks (and casters et al) should get thanks for what they do .... I agree.

I dont expect thanks for every heal and don't thank tanks (or whatever, not anti-caster here) for every hit.

I always thank players who save my ass when I'm aggrod and getting beaten to death. And like to hear thanks when I save theirs. Not just for a rez, but for chain casting heals and the odd insta to save them from near death too. Typing "thx" is not so hard really. The process works both ways tho.

B

Brannor McThife

Anytime you pass a tombstone you are seeing a monument to healers who failed.

No they're not. They're to the almight Shadowwarrior!

:D

Damn...I sometimes miss that guy...was good comic relief... :(

-G

M

Madonion Slicer

I did try a Cleric out once got to lvl10, and that was enough for me, you guys that carry it on must have the temperment of an angel, the constant winging of

"Why did you not heal"

urm maybe becuase there are 6 others in the group that need it to...

urm get the frigging aggro of me quicker and i will.

Then not to mention the 100 /send i need a rez in Mithra you get the second you log in.

God only knows how bad it gets as you get higher, and xp death is more important and /release become a feared command, everyone wants a rez.

To all healing class out there you get a big and long :clap: from me, i really dont know how you do it.

O

old.Brutallus

more, I want more.

Yeah, Cordain. COOL. keep up good work! ROFL
Follow this path - also in RL. Success guaranteed :clap: LOL !

>
> Anytime you pass a tombstone you are seeing a monument to healers who failed
>

yyea. sure. especially if someone soloed. or died in 1 sec, and the quickest heal takes 2.
Clerics assholes!!! oooouuuuu! LOL

O

old.Grymshadow

Accepting a ress is enought. There is really no point saying thanks as it is the very reason why healer exist.

It's called politeness. Is it really that hard to say thanks? Not as if your ress-sick arse is doing anything else for 5mins is it?
Dont forget, if a grouped healer (usually are) takes time out to ress you, the WHOLE group then has to wait for the huge chunk of mana to regen, before carrying on, so you'd best say thanks to them..

O

old.Carnak

I have to say BULLSHIT at the guy on the VN boards

I have a level 12 cleric, and if anyone does a send to me asking for a rez i always ask my group first, if they are ok with it (providing im in a group). If the person is too far away then i politely tell them that i cant leave my group for that length of time.
Its not my responsibility to rez, if hes too crap and dies, or doesnt look around to see if a mob is coming from behind. I will ALWAYS rez a dead person i see anywhere (if im high enough level to do it) and i will always heal somebody who asks, or is obviously going to die.
If someone is rude to me i will never rez em (i have a list, i dont do /ignore, so i can tell them why i wont rez). Throwing abuse at me when i say im too busy to heal wont help either.

Just my two pennies

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Ever heard of /release? ;)

If you're not grouped with a rezzer you don't have any rights to any rezzes. You might get them occassionally ('cos we can be nice), but you don't have any right to them. Same goes for drive-by heals.

Otherwise we're just swapping your downtime for ours.

Oh, and attitude helps, too.

Be thankful for any non-grouped rezzes/heals outside RvR (should always get a rez in RvR if possible, though bear in mind stealthers like to hang around corpses to kill off unsuspecting rezzers). Most people are thankful, of course, which is one of the nice things about playing the class.

O

old.job

Corda my man , hope I see you dead sometime, my favourite is ressing peeps into aggro with zero health and watch em die again straight away lol.
Seriously though mate next time I'm getting wacked I'll send you a tell, I presume it's your duty to run your ass over and taunt it off me hey?

O

old.Brutallus

bingo!

...constant winging of

"Why did you not heal"

urm maybe becuase there are 6 others in the group that need it to...

urm get the frigging aggro of me quicker and i will.

Then not to mention the 100 /send i need a rez in Mithra you get the second you log in.

God only knows how bad it gets as you get higher, and xp death is more important and /release become a feared command, everyone wants a rez.

To all healing class out there you get a big and long :clap: from me, i really dont know how you do it.

Laughingboy, gimme ur nickname/server.
I will come to rez u from the hell even :D

C

cadiva

I presume you don't get many shammies or healers willing to go out of their way to rez your sorry ass then?

I was trying to be nice to you in my earlier post as I have never met you, thankfully you play in Midgard on Prydwen, so I never will have to either.

You certainly wouldn't be getting a rez and I'm damn sure my guild wouldn't be too happy if I did even for a moment consider going out of my way to help you out with one.

I hope you're happy with your own company cos I'm guessing you spend a lot of time by yourself.

O

old.Cordain

Originally posted by galdora
Do you never thank anyone in RL for just doing their job? The person serving you in a shop for instance.

Why should I ? I mean they do get money from me in exchange for the services. Not my fault they didnt study hard enough and ended up in a crappy job.

Edit.
No I dont get that many rez's but thats because I really dont need them. I am much better player than most so I dont get killed that often.

O

old.Brutallus

got u Corda :)

u want to have fun watching this thread & for this reason u post this way :flame:

hehe
clever one

[edit:] I am sure Corda, I am better than you. In every field - including sex.

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

i play a cleric and tbh i dont like grouping with casters much "except for pbt" because they do die so damn fast . ussually in a full group of similer lvl the grps kill purp mobs ..

heres how i see the pull ..

tank pulls mob "deep purp" gives it a cple of whacks gets whacked "i heal" casters then starts to nuke his ass off "imo to early for the nukes" tanks just been hit again i start casting to heal tank .. "during the time i was healig tank aggro switches to caster . he goes to 1/2 hp in ONE hit .

with the reaction time and casting time switching curosr from tank to caster AND casting heal on caster would probably be 3-4 seconds ? . hence from the 1st blow of aggro casters got give me 3-4 dseconds to heal him BEFORE tha mob hits the casters a 2nd time . a lot of the time the mob lands his 2nd blow and kills caster before my cast heal has finished ...

this is when the messages like .,

FFS why didnt you heal
Cleric you suck you had plenty of time to heal
heal ????????????

casters should NOT nuke the mob until imo the mob is at least 3/4 hp so hopefully not to draw aggro onto himself .

all healers do there job for the group you got good/bad people at the controls .. and also different situations .. only time i have a complaint about healers "im an alb" is when they smite during hard mobs . wasting mana for a smite or two that could be the life saver of somebody in grp . also when they go afk for agessssssss . "mind you we all do that occasionally" .

end of the day its not as if the healer DELIBERATLY lets you die .,

as for rezzing i rez anybody who is close enuff or safe enuff for me to get to . for example if im at west downs and somebody asks me for a rez at stonehenge area id go and rez .. but if i was at wd and somebody wanted a rez near caer uflach there be no chance i was gonna waste prolly 15-20 mins of my time for a rez ..

as for being gratefull as stated above apreciation and a lil gratitude to a rez/heal/buff aint hard is not hard to do ..

only stuck up jerks dont say thnx ,

O

old.Brutallus

with the reaction time and casting time switching curosr from tank to caster AND casting heal on caster would probably be 3-4 seconds ?

3-4 secs, but only if u are good healer & perform at the top
(which is not always I bet)

O

old.job

Double healing is the bane of my life, wouldn't it be sweeeeeeeet if the game blocked your heal at full health and you kept your mana. It's been mentioned before but two healers can sometimes perform worse than one cos of this problem.

O

old.Rhino-DAoC

Imagine if tanks got /tells from clerics/healers saying "Omg ive got aggro at "other side of zone" plz come taunt it off me!!"

Imagine, a friendly Hero finds a group, without him they cant hunt as hes the only one high enough to take the damage, and as soon as they finnish their first kill he gets a

"help me help me ive got aggro, im on the other size of the zone outside of town..taunt it off me quick!"

The hero tries to convince him to "release" himself from the fight and run back to the guard, saving the hero 15 minutes of running around for the expense of 30 seconds it would take to run back to town for the druid.

Not a great analogy, but would be so funny if it was true :)

BTW from my experiences its very rarely the healers/clerics/druids fault someone dies, people who play support classes generally have to stay wide awake or else someone will die, whereas a sleepy tank could "accidently" break mezz/pull 10 purples/forget to taunt of cleric/tank when hes the lowest lvl in the group etc.

Most of the time however, people ingame except that even if your a Healer/Cleric/Druid you cant wave a magic wand and heal everyone in one go. And there are a lot of tactics involved (do I heal the lvl 36 Warrior whos at 50% health or the lvl 32 runey whos just been attacked and at 80% health? Id go for the runey because I know by the time ive finnished my heal spell the runey will be at 40%?)

N

Nala Lionne

Laughingboy I salute you! :clap: Everyone should read that post and give us the respect we obviously deserve ;)

B

Belsameth

I've played both Semi high tank, and semi high healer

(healer is 36, tank will soon be)

in both cases I let other ppl know I think they did great. if not by a "thnx", then by a "good job"
although I don't expect it of other players, it is always nice to hear the same thing back.
ppl however not thanking me for a rez or or getting rune on me because I didn't have hands enough to heal the whole group will go imidiatly on my /ignore and never get another rez in their life...

Brannor: we got a new Shadowwarrior on Albion/Excal. he even got an apropriate name, Roxxorjoonoobies, and seems to die just as much. :clap: :clap:

B

Belsameth

Why should I ? I mean they do get money from me in exchange for the services. Not my fault they didnt study hard enough and ended up in a crappy job.

Edit.
No I dont get that many rez's but thats because I really dont need them. I am much better player than most so I dont get killed that often.

hope you never need one of me, cause you'll either thank me or buy your right not to with 50g

O

old.Lianuchta

To Yoda:

You're obviously playing with some dumbass casters. I had the chainnuking drummed out of me by my mid-teens, when I figured out how agro worked. Now I only drop if I chain nuke to get a mob of a healer, which is how we like to play it. If the healer survives you're going to get a rez so it's in your interest to save their arses even it's going to cost you're own. I mean it's not like you're not going to die anyway if you try to manage agro when it's on a healer. And I don't do running.

In return if I might get agro by accident (say a tank misses a number of taunts in a row), my healers will heal me, and even use their insta on me. I want to thank my favourite healers for keeping me alive, you know who you are.

O

old.tRoG

i cannot beleive some of you people are being so arrogant!

'its a healers job to res everyone and anyone'

why? because it suits you? ever thought about how you would like to run miles to find some sod whos lying in a ditch because he got cocky and tried a red mob?

'why should i thank him?'

because its common curtsey and good manners.

'heal?!?!?!?!'

its not always easy to heal someone. i played a healer up to lvl 20 and i ended up quitting because of ejits complaining when they died. if they died it was because i was oop or their mistake (eg. a caster nuking the mob to hell about 2 secs after pull). accept death, that healer has probably saved your ass one hell uvva lot of more times than you died.

healers have feelings too :(

the only thing i think is stupid is the clerics who like to smite the mob like theres no tomorrow and forget that that tank is on 10% hp...

if i ever get a res i will always reply thanks, or if im asking for one i say excuse me, if you're not too far away would you mind coming to (loc or description of where i am) to res me/my group/the groups healer.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Soulcatcher
ppl however not thanking me for a rez or or getting rune on me because I didn't have hands enough to heal the whole group will go imidiatly on my /ignore and never get another rez in their life...

Brannor: we got a new Shadowwarrior on Albion/Excal. he even got an apropriate name, Roxxorjoonoobies, and seems to die just as much. :clap: :clap:

1. I didn´t know your 2hand gimpsman could res :p

ALL HAIL THE CABLE GUY HE R0x0Rj00n00bi3s

(btw you wanna get on good foot by anyone in B&Q 30+ just say some sentence that can include that name, it is THE joke atm ;))

btw I´m gonna do something drastic now

Coaxmetal my man you are an excellent tank!!!!

(for an armsman that is ;p)

/em better go to sleep getting OT here

O

old.uto

I started a cleric a week ago and must say, i agree to most in this thread. Its not always easy to heal when a caster goes down in 2 hits or when someone pulls a lvl 40 mob at lvl 20 :)

Also its frustrating to spend all your power on rezzing someone 11 levels higher (he was 35, i was 24) and get no thanks.

So far at lvl 24 i've gotten little or no complaints from my heals (being rejuv specced might have something to do with it).. most thanks go to excellent tanks i've grouped with. I hope its gonna stay that way all the way up to higher levels :)

I've played a semi-"tank" too so I can value a good healer.. hope most of you all do aswell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom